NEED TO LOSE TEN POUNDS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEED TO LOSE TEN POUNDS

I would be pleased to be ten pounds lighter. This goal was unattainable while I was drinking but, at least for a while, I have given it up. Anyone interested in joining me on our weight loss journey? I am not a yo-you dieter. I have never had the self control to give up wine before now and I seem to have turned a corner with this issue so I figure that without the great wine-weight burden, this might be my opportinity to actually kill two birds with one stone.. so to speak. So my plan is simple. Eat more liver friendly foods, fruit and veggies, drink tons of water and bounce for 1/2 hour a day on the trampoline. We just ate the last of the Christmas foods which I refused to waste. I made a care package for my 23 year old daughter consisting of doritos, corn chips, etc. and now it's time to do a grocery order.

Come one come all. Checking in daily. I am 4' 11" and weigh 131. My goal is ten pounds and I hope to do it within 6 weeks or so.

ANY SUGGESTIONS OR JOINERS !! Feeling good right now like I can actually accomplish to two niggling things in my life that stop me from feeling GREAT.
    Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
    ? Lao-Tzu

NEED TO LOSE TEN POUNDS

Tipple I over ate at Christmas and have 6 pounds to lose, now I'm back to my usual healthy eating I'm pretty sure the weight will come off pretty quickly and my aim is for end of January. I will be exercising aprox 5 days a week too with spinning classes and yoga.
    "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
    AF - JAN 1st 2010
    NF - May 1996

Comment

NEED TO LOSE TEN POUNDS

I'm with you Tipple & Chill, I too overindulged during the holidays. I have lost 14lbs since I stopped drinking and felt great but have put 4lbs on so plan to get it off by the end of January. I also need to get back into regular exercise and revisit my healthy eating - so day one for me.

Dewdrop :h
      Enjoy today - there will be no other one quite like it....

Comment

NEED TO LOSE TEN POUNDS

Welcome gals. I have always carried my little ten pounds around with me. I am about to hit menopause and I know it gets harder to lose any weight after that so it's now or never. I am very lethargic on day 5 (yippeee!!) of not drinking and can't motivate myself to do much. I need to get on that mini-trampoline for a bit today.

DewDrop, what was your poison of choice? I wonder if the weight falls off automatically when we stop drinking? 1/2 of a bottle of red daily (at least) must have SOME calories in it.
        Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

? Lao-Tzu

Comment

NEED TO LOSE TEN POUNDS

I would love to join you in weight lose. I lost 12lbs immediately when I quit drinking over a year ago. However the weight has crept back on so I need to lose 10. I am afraid I have let myself eat whatever I want as I don't want to relapse. (did in August) I find being full
          makes drinking less appealing. So I am in. And I never exercise I am terrrible.

Comment

NEED TO LOSE TEN POUNDS

Hi Sidney, I was born in raised in the Parkdale District of Toronto. Very rough then but nothing compared to now. When I was a kid in Toronto, all my teenage friends drank and smoked weed. Myself and my BF went to the same parties and had as much fun and we prided ourselves on not doing either. We really had a hoot. The life of the party. If I could do it as a vulnerable teenager I can do it now. Want that teenage body back too but I'll settle for a few less ripples and dimples... LOL..
            Tipplerette

? Lao-Tzu

Comment

NEED TO LOSE TEN POUNDS

I'm also trying hard to lose weight. I've been up and down like crazy this past year because of drinking, stopping, drinking again. I'm 5'8 and I'm up to 172 pounds. My goal weight is about 150-155 lbs. I walk 2 miles everyday and since I stopped drinking at the end of November I've cut down to about 1000-1100 calories a day, mostly fruits and vegetables. Unfortunately I haven't really been losing any weight, which is very frustrating to me. I don't know if my diet is too extreme or if I just need to have patience.
              Alcohol Free since 11/29/10!

Comment

NEED TO LOSE TEN POUNDS

Wow you know Parkdale. I know it well as well although I grew up in Scarboro I now live in the west end in South Etobicoke. Because of my job I know most neighbourhoods of Toronto.
                So how are we going to do this weight thing? I am gung ho to make a change. unfortunately I cannot give up wine as I already have. (makes the llbs drop off) I eat pretty healthy the problem is I have been craving sugar the last 6 months.

Comment

NEED TO LOSE TEN POUNDS

Hey all,

Just wanted to wish you good luck on the weight loss. One thing I found really useful is keeping an online ffod and exercise journal. You can get then for free and it tells you the calories u need to eat daily to lose weight in your specified tine period. Also, it calculates how many calories you burn turn exercise to show how many additional calories you could have daily and still meet your goal weight. I lost nearly 15 lbs using one about two years ago...all in just over six weeks!

Would love to join you but the addd pressure of losing weight and staying sober would probably kill me. Keep posting your progress!

L x
                  'Breakfast, every hour, it could save the world.' Tori Amos

"Turn a stumbling block into a stepping stone."

AF since 23rd December 2010 - progession is paramount! :truce:

"don't be sad because it's over, smile because it happened!"

Comment

NEED TO LOSE TEN POUNDS

I hear ya Cassia and I certainly respect that. I am jumping on the weight loss bandwagon only here on MWO. I am not dieting in the way one might think. I am eating tons of fruit and veggies and when at the restaurant trying to eat the delicious but not greasy food. Had Teriaki Chicken at the mall food court for lunch. I plan on eating MORE good foods and hopefully crowd out the bad. I figure with the lack of wine I will have a real head start. Today I jumped on the mini-trampoline for a while. I think being accountable is the way to go. Just listing foods here and exercise accomplished. At the grocery store I splurged on some pomegranate juice, pelligrino bubbly water, etc. Like to have a nice drink with that liver-lovin' lemon.

Sidney when we left downtown Toronto, we moved to guess where: Etobicoke. The Eglington Martingrove area. There was a nice little subdivision in there behind the Willowridge Towers. We hated it being city-bred teenagers. We took a bus (had to walk for 20 minutes through waist high snow through a field to get to it in the winter), then a subway, then a streetcar to get to Parkdale Collegiate which we refused to leave when we moved. I guess we had stamina and you know what. That walk was UPHILL both ways... LOL
                    Tipplerette

? Lao-Tzu

Comment

NEED TO LOSE TEN POUNDS

Japanese food is awesome and so healthy! I don't know if you like fish but teriyaki salmon is also amazing! San pelligrino is defo my tipple of choice when I am out at a restaurant. I do love my coca cola but its just as bad for you as a glass of vino.

We just cant win eh?!?!
                      'Breakfast, every hour, it could save the world.' Tori Amos

"Turn a stumbling block into a stepping stone."

AF since 23rd December 2010 - progession is paramount! :truce:

"don't be sad because it's over, smile because it happened!"

Comment

NEED TO LOSE TEN POUNDS

I love all Asian food and that includes Indian. Could eat it seven days a week. Made liver n' onions for dinner. served mashed potatoes (never ate any) and asparagus. Fried some mushrooms too. Delicious.
                        Tipplerette

? Lao-Tzu

Comment

NEED TO LOSE TEN POUNDS

My plan for January is:
                          Lots of:
                          1. healthy breakfast every morning - porridge, oatabix, toast & peanut butter
                          2. lots of fruit and veggies along with pulses and legumes (love all kinds of beans)
                          3. replace dairy with soya ie milk, spreads etc
                          4. seafood of any kind esp oily fish ie salmon, mackerel
                          5. snack on nuts, dried fruits, rice cakes, fresh fruit
                          6. drink lots of water, green tea, fennel tea etc.

Cut out

1. all processed foods
                          2. red meat (actually all meats replaced by soya substitute)
                          3. chocolate, sweets, crisps etc.
                          4. pastries, cakes and highly saturated foods including fried foods

Attend 2 yoga classes per week
                          Walk a minimum of 30 minutes each day this week (will review for next week)

Dewdrop :h
                          Enjoy today - there will be no other one quite like it....

Comment

NEED TO LOSE TEN POUNDS

I hope you don't mind if I join in- I mostly eat healthy- except for the occasional Dove's dark chocolate- just a small piece-... What I have done this year so far is replace my gut wrenching morning cup of coffee with green tea-no sugar- just plain- and I love it! It makes me feel detoxed and clean.
                            Also, you are going to think this is disgusting- I have a cup of greek yogurt-plain- and mix in some raw oats and grapes or apples- for breakfast- I like it- because it is filling and good for you...
                            Also- don't forget your supplements=at the very least a multi-vitamin- I do that plus vit-C, D, E, Acai berry, Glucosamine, milk thisle.
                            Exercise I try to do 3 miles-walk/jog everyday...sometimes I can't, though.
                            My goal is to lose 20 lbs by the end of March- we are going to California for vacation then! Yay!
                            It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

NEED TO LOSE TEN POUNDS

Oh my God I need to get on this bus. I am going to California in less than two weeks! But it will not be warm weather then. My problem is I hate exercise of any kind. I will work on a plan this week that would be a good start.

My husband grew up near the area you are taking about Tip. Maybe you knew him. But he is an old guy!

Comment

Working...
                              X