Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turkey Evening....

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

I've kept up but not been up to posting much the past few days, Today was a "hurdle" I had to jump just because it was not something I was not looking forward too with Mom being sick and hubby overseas and not here with us. The sun actually came out after three days of drizzly weather (Lush, did you send that Seattle junk to Florida?) but today turned out really gorgeous and warmed up to at least 10 degrees below the normal! The headlines on the paper today said that we actually had "snow flurries" all the way down into central Florida on Tuesday night.... global warming?

Today went really smooth, but was hard. Mom called early and said she had spiked a bit of a fever -- which is NOT good for a chemo patient. Her doctor did not make her go to the ER, so we were able to proceed with our reservations at a nice restaurant on the ocean. We had our Thanksgiving dinner at noon and it was really incredible -- what a spread. Full brunch with waffles and omlettes, then onto all the Thanksgiving traditional food, and then a seafood buffet that was incredible! And the desserts? Dont even get me started. So that was all good -- just Mom not eating much and could tell she was putting on a smile for us. Then tonight I had all the family over for a dessert party complete with the chocolate fountain. I spent all afternoon vaccumming, getting the house ready, lighting candles, getting that fondue fountain thingy put together -- OMG....

I told Mom to please stay home and rest, but she came. She made conversation with everyone and was so bubbly... I am always amazed at her. I have had a bad attitude a lot this week about many things, and today I was just so reminded of how thankful I am to have been blessed with a wonderful mother and family, children. So much to be thankful for all the time. So thankful for all of you too. And didnt drink a single thing today!

Love to all -- and again so thankful for all of you:h
    Allie
    What happens in Vegas goes straight to Ohio....

Turkey Evening....

Way to Go Allie!

Sounds like you had a wonderfully perfect Thanksgiving, despite the few hiccups with mom! Our Thanksgiving here in Canada was about a month ago and your day brought back a few funny, but warm memories... sigh- how many more days until Christmas?

Skootie
    "I have not failed - I have just found 10,000 ways that won't work"- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Working...
    X