Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have a healthy w-end

Dear Abbers,

Hope all of you are doing fine - or in Kanga's words:'I just wanna say G'day!' I'm into my 9th AF day, and it feels better every day. Just need to survive another w-end, but thanks to Campral, the cravings aren't too bad.

Anyways, have a healthy weekend.

Paddy
    Paddy
    Time's fun when you're having flies. - Kermit the Frog - eace:

Have a healthy w-end

Hey Paddy,
    Well done on your 9 days,....happy healthy weekend to you too!!
    Amelia
    Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

Have a healthy w-end

Hello Guys,

I'm right behing you on day 8 Paddy. I am feeling 100% better. Have a nice weekend.

Comment

Have a healthy w-end

Isn't it Great?

Isn't it great to see positive results so quickly?? I'm really happy for all of you that you are already enjoying the results of not drinking.

Of course, it doesn't mean that there will NEVER be a temptation or difficult times, but it sure is gratifying to enjoy the benefits. Getting some sober time under your belt is a great way to fight off cravings later, or pick yourself up quickly if you should happen to stumble!

All the best, Paddy and Animal!

Hey Animal, I love Nice. Had some loup there once that was completely out of this world. One minute it was on a cart, staring at me, and 25 minutes later, I was eating it. Major yum!

Happy Friday!

Hugs,

Kathy:l
        AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Have a healthy w-end

Okay Kathy, can't let this one pass by! What on earth is "loup"? At first I thought you'd meant to type "soup", but even in my warped reality I can't see how soup would be capable of staring at you!!! C'mon, put me out of my misery, Kath!!

Orra best
          The Terror

Comment

Have a healthy w-end

:H Tartan! Loup is actually a kind of a fish, and typical of the French, the "p" is silent, so the word actually sounds like "loo"!:H (Or at least it was silent enough that I, with my college French, couldn't make it out.) It was really delicious, though (as are so many of the Mediterranian fish), and I thought I had died and gone to heaven. It was actually filleted and grilled, but in the restaurants in the south, they will bring a cart to your table with the fresh whole fish on it, and you get to choose your own for dinner. Still makes me drool to think about it! Yum.

Thanks for asking me. I was being insensitive by not giving more of an explanation. ops:

Hugs,

Kathy :l
            AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Have a healthy w-end

Oh -- Paddy and Animal -- well done on your 9 and 8 days!! I know how good that must feel. Keep up the good work!! :thumbs:
              "Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance." -- Samuel Johnson (1709 - 1784)

Comment

Have a healthy w-end

thanks for asking tartan.....I thought the same thing...soup? Thanks for explaining Kathy!
                Good Job Paddy and Animal-
                The first time I made it to 10 days I think I asked for confetti and a parade....I think a parade is in order for that milestone! You are doing great -

I think I celebrated my 30 days a few days early - bought myself a pair of earings at the after thanksgiving sales. Apparently I like myself quite a bit because they are very nice earrings. oh, and as long as I'm confessing - bought a ring too. sigh... Well, I was actually done with Christmas shopping before I went yesterday so it was all for me me me I guess. I'm now cutting myself off. I'm done. No more shopping- online or otherwise.

Although - Mike, I justified part of the earrings by saying it was my 'wine money'. Now at 28 days that should be about - hmmm, including what I would have done for holiday drinking....oh, I'd say about ...oh good greif....is it really that much?? 560.00?? 20.00 a day is probably about right - maybe even underestimating.
                Wow, maybe I need a necklace too:H

Have a great day everyone!!!!! Where is everybody else this weekend?

:l Lisa

Comment

Have a healthy w-end

3rd time this month ive drunk not very good to say im suposed to be abs.
                  ho well try more next month problem is its december .I hate this time of year .
                  roll on new year .
                  pissed again Phil

Comment

Have a healthy w-end

That was a negative post sorry

Comment

Have a healthy w-end

Hi Phil - you don't have to be bouncy all the time ... - negative is just how it is sometimes.

I agree that this is really a difficult time of year. Just don't give up. That's all, just don't give up.
                      I started in July trying to work on this. I'm on day 28 af - but it has taken me several tries. I managed a week and then two weeks, and then a week and then three weeks...sort of like that.
                      This will be extra hard until 12/31....however, even if you drink, don't tell yourself all bets are off and you can do what you want until 12/31...ok? I know how that works too. hmmm... that's starting to sound like a lecture and I'm in no position to do that !

Hope you have a good night -
                      Lisa

Comment

Have a healthy w-end

Hi guys!

Just got back home.....twelve hours in the car with hubby and Belle! It was a longgggggg day! We had a great time in Ohio.
                        I 'm going to bed now.....will share more tomorrow!
                        I hope you are all having a good weekend.
                        AF
                        Love to all,
                        Nancy:l
                        "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Have a healthy w-end

paddy and animal well done on your respective 8 and9 days lisa good on you for your 28 days i had gone 30 days so i know how tough it can get sometimes but unfortunately i caved in to the temptation last night don,t know why i did it so back to square 1 again for me i certainly have learned my lesson so hopefully it won,t happen again good luck and keep healthyXXXmaryt

Comment

Have a healthy w-end

Congrats on 30 days Maryt....maybe you inbibed just to test the waters?
                            You are not back a square one- you are going abs again with a lot more knowledge and strength. I'm sure of it. Have a good night - you did well! Get back in there!

Lisa

Comment

Have a healthy w-end

thanks lisa i think you are probably right about testing the water i think because i had done my month i wanted to see how i would cope if i did have a drink (not very well) i will definately not be making the same mistake again so day 2 again for me
                              maryt

Comment

Working...
                              X