Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 1

Hello everyone,

Today is my first day of abs. I have been reading the posts here for several months, and am amazed at how much support you all are giving to one another. I have been preparing myself mentally for this day for weeks. I've bought the hypno cds, the campral, and the supplements. As I start out, I want to thank all of you for bearing your souls on this board. I have been inspired by your stories, determination, successes and failures. Today I feel strong, but who knows what tomorrow will bring. I want to be a part of this and am looking for friendship and support.

Jenny

Day 1

Welcome Jenny

Welcome to Absville, Jenny!

It's true that you don't know what tomorrow may bring in terms of cravings, etc., but it is just time, and time passes, and so do cravings. I've had my share of slips and slides, so I can't come from a "holier than thou" place at all, but I do know that as you build up some time with sobriety, you will also build up self-confidence and a healthy pride.

I wish these both for you! All the best as you begin your journey....

:welcome:

Hugs,

Kathy:l
    AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Day 1

:welcome: Hi Jenny!

I'm so happy to meet you! It sounds like you have a plan. I've always heard that you should plan your work and work your plan.

Welcome aboard!

Nancy:l
      "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Day 1

Welcome welcome welcome. Come here every day and let everyone know how you are feeling. Some days are hard and the people who come here know all about it!

Comment

Day 1

Welcome Jenny! You are in good company!

Hello everyone..I haven't posted in a while, but I'm doing well. Thanksgiving went well..I had 20 people at the house, including my daughter's husband's family! We pulled it off and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves..the weather was very nice so all of the kids (5 boys between 2 and 14 and a girl 4) played outside and practically the whole clan ended up playing basketball...it would have been more of a challenge if I had to contain everyone in the house..it was definitely a mixed lot. I did stress out the last hour when I ran out of time..I just don't handle stress as well as I used to (don't think I ever really handled it that great, but just admit it more now...) I notice how I still expect things to be perfect, even though I know it won't and that no one else cares!)..so..I'm glad I didn't feel the need to drink or stuff my feelings, my family helped out and we are all blessed!

I'm napping and resting today..it's a beautiful day here in Georgia and I have the rest of the weekend off to do as I please. I hope the weekend is unfolding well for all of you as well..and if I haven't said it before, Happy Thanksgiving to you all!
          d

Comment

Day 1

Welcome Jenny,

This is the right place to be. We're supporting each others by practical advice, or most of the time by just 'listening', which has its value as it helps each of us to re-assess or take stock of our progress or relapse.

Welcome again!
            Paddy
            Time's fun when you're having flies. - Kermit the Frog - eace:

Comment

Day 1

welcome jenny,good 2 c another 1 on board.
              well done.

Comment

Day 1

Welcome Jenny,
                I see you posted yesterday so today must be day 2 for you. Hope yesterday went smoothly for you and today goes the same.
                Well done and take care
                Amelia
                Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

Day 1

Jenny - Well Done... Hoorah for you

It takes time, and a lot of fiddlestix so just bear with it.. But I am sure you can do this. good luck XX Thinking of you.

Anyway Hello to Kathy, Nancy, Helen, Macks et al.

from Liz

Comment

Day 1

Hello Everyone,

And welcome Jenny. I started 9 Days ago, and for me, this is the best place to be. I feel better and stronger with evey passing day.

Comment

Day 1

Jenny,

Welcome and ditto to what everyone has said. You're off to a good start -- we ALL started with Day 1 which, in a way is a very exciting day to be on! And yes, some days are more challenging than others but just come here, post about what's going on and you will get TONS of support. If you've been reading for a while you have no doubt seen that already. The worst thing to do is keep the problems all bottled up. Just come here and post about what's troubling you and you will feel better.

The Campral should help immensely with physical cravings, as will the supplements. If you use the hypno CD's, they should help you with the psychological cravings. The psychological cravings are, in the long run, what make or break you. You have to change the way you think about alcohol and the way you relate to the world. You have to recognize that you don't NEED alcohol for ANYTHING, that it doesn't DO ANYTHING for you, and that you are a whole and a complete person without it. At least that has been key for me. We've been brainwashed to think that we cannot relax or socialize or enjoy a meal without alcohol -- and if we don't get rid of that brainwashing we will spend our time longing for a drink. So I would say it is 1/5 physical and 4/5 psychological, or something thereabouts. But in the first few days the physical part can be very powerful, so the Campral and supps are your best defense. Just keep in mind that this battle has several fronts!

And most of all, just believe in yourself. Most of us came here with the feeling that we had been beaten down, having failed time and time again. I know I did. I almost EXPECTED that I would fail. And the first couple of times I tried MWO I did. But there's no reason you have to. You can do anything you set your mind to.

Wishing you all the success and happiness you deserve,

Mike
                      "Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance." -- Samuel Johnson (1709 - 1784)

Comment

Working...
                      X