Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day AFTER Turkey day!

Sorry I didn't check in yesterday.
    Is everyone feeling better today? Looks like there were some unfortunate struggles yesterday. Lush, you ok? Allie, your mom continues to amaze me.
    SM Mary, did everyone survive all that food? Fan, how was your day?

Well, I'm going to start a big old stretch of abs. Til Christmas. I don't like my pattern lately and have been feeling angry with myself. A couple or few drinks is turning into 8 or 10 too frequently and it needs to stop NOW, so it's stopping. It's ambitious, as my longest stretch was 11 days AF back when I started the program in Feb. Going for the golden 30 days!
    I don't need to be gaining all my weight back and going totally backwards. I know how to fix this, so I will!

Think I'm going to go shopping today...talk about crazy. The deals are too good to miss!
    Have a good one everybody.

Day AFTER Turkey day!

Good for you Becca!! We are here to support you. I could be being a lot better as well so maybe today will be AF for me.

Allie, it sounded that despite your mom not feeling great you had a really nice day. Nothing to drink at all? Very good. I am sure you were missing hubby but it sounds like you made the best of it.

My day was nice despite the petty annoyances. My MIL announced she "did not care for my turkey" but everything else was fine. My husband and I just looked at each other because actually the turkey was pretty darn good this year so I am not sure what she did not like. Nothing like saying it like it is when you are in your 80's!!!! I have a disgusting amount of leftovers and my muffin feels too full this morning. Time to get out for a walk.

I hope all of the rest of you have a great weekend. Hugs!
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Day AFTER Turkey day!

Go for it Becca! You know you can do anything ya set your mind to! You've definately shown us that! Shoppping tho? Actually, I'm tempted too... But I really should get my B*tt into town & get to painting...

Lush-Darn, sorry to hear about your boss yesterday. Bad timing! Hopefully just a misunderstanding, but GEEZ! I'm sure I wouldn't take it too "politely". Sounds like you had plenty of food, I'll bet your turkey was divine!

We went to my Brother's, as did a lot of the family. Quite the feast. I came home with more food than brought! We even had home grown- mashed potatoes! And of course blackberry pie(with hand picked local berries), as well as huckle berry jam(local & wild grown) My Sis in law is a "Wonder Woman"! I snuck some tofu into my chile relleno casserole... always have to get these rednecks to try some unexpectedly somehow!:H

Have a great day everybody. Judie
      The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Day AFTER Turkey day!

Cracking up over the tofu Judie. I want your chille relleno recipe. It is a keeper? Your dinner sounded fantastic, albeit a little out of the ordinary. Where is everyone today????!!!!!!

Comment

Day AFTER Turkey day!

Hello Everybody!!

I hope you all survived turkey day. Allie I am so happy hubby is coming home early!!! We had a pretty successful dinner, the highlight being the pumpkin soup I made...yum! This morning my hubby and son got up early to hit the stores for the awesome sales (I swear I married a wife! He loves to shop lol). I on the other hand slept in, which was wonderful. Having a mellow day here in sunny south florida, where the weather is once again warm...thinking about going to the movies with the family later this afternoon to see "stranger than fiction".

Well guess that's it here...have a wonderful day everyone!!

Beth
          formerly known as bak310

Comment

Day AFTER Turkey day!

Maybe it was for the best....I had a wonderfully shitty rant about my ex husband and poof.....all gone.

I'll sum it up in one word Asshole.

Have a great day!

Love ya,
            Rachele
            :h :h :h :h

Comment

Day AFTER Turkey day!

Good Morning Muffins...Mine has definately expanded after yesterday.
              Allie--good for you for abstaining...sounds like a nice dinner with your mom..although difficult, I know, to watch her go through all that Sh&#.
              Becca--I hear you loud and clear on the 2 turning into more than that...
              I went and tried to do some "door-busting" sales..now I know why I don't shop on this day. They were out of every item I went to get and I was out of the house at 6:15 this morning! Dang..should have sent your husband for me Beth!
              sm-mary

Comment

Day AFTER Turkey day!

Okay Rachele, inquiring minds need to know!!! Did he do something nasty on Thanksgiving???? Soccermom, I love you dearly but you are CLEARLY insane to be out shopping this morning. Next time call me and I will talk you out of it. Beth, we could never get our husbands together. My girlfriend is convinced mine is gay because he LOOOOOVES to shop and look at every little thing, as does my daughter. I am the kind to run in, get what I need and leave.

Comment

Day AFTER Turkey day!

Well I never have gone out on the day after Thanksgiving..thought I'd try it this year..I am insane...Went to Best Buy to get a digital camera--"Doors open at 5AM" I guess getting there an hour later was too late..all those moronic people out there..ugh..no offense to anybodies gay husband. Than to GardenRidge..I hate that place..now I'm home helping myself to some turkey and stuffing to help with my muffintop.
                  Rach--I'm nosey too..what happened?

Comment

Day AFTER Turkey day!

SM, you make me laugh. And umm, did you just insult me and call me nosy????

Comment

Day AFTER Turkey day!

.....yeah, I did.

Comment

Day AFTER Turkey day!

Okay, so he makes blood boil. I know I shouldn't let him do that to me, still. That's why we are divorced, after all. I couldn't stand him then and.........I still can't. I just want to spit nails as I write.

He has been working out of town.....this may turn into a novel and I may have to quickly post and come back to it......out of town, his company has a job in California.

He has been going away for weeks at a time and I have been sending my kids to his house anyway even though he is not there. I do not, and never have, approved of the influence and situation in his home but have resigned myself to the fact that I don't have a choice in the matter. My youngest daughter, 11, has not wanted to visit his house while he is away, and I have made her go. He mumbled something like "I don't want them to stop coming over because I'm afraid that I might loose them if they get used to it".

I can understand that so I continued to make her go even when he is not there and even if she doesn't want to go.

So last Friday my husband makes a suggestion to his wife ( that would be a step-parent making a suggestion to a step-parent) and it sends her into oblivion (which is not hard to do, she has anger issues) and my daughter comes home and tells me that the bi%$# is talkin smack about me! Okay, are you kidding me! I am sending my kids over there when their father isn't even there and she has the nerve to say one son of a b^%$^& word about me!

I call him and tell him I am not happy about it. Okay, so he hasn't seen the kids a lot and I'm gonna have to get over this because I suppose I don't have a choice and I always have to be the better person. He says he wants the kids all day on Thanksgiving. I say, okay, not a problem. That was the right thing to do, right.

The kids call and ask on Thanksgiving morning what time he plans on picking them up. He says "noon" #$%$^#%$^#%&^^&$^%#$%^$^%$^%$ noon? did he say "noon?" I am mad! What happened to wanting them all day?

Okay that's not the worst of it. He picks them up at noon, drops them off at his mothers house like luggage, and then goes 30 minutes back across town to pick up his wife, who I suppose wasn't ready at noon.
                        At 3:30 they call and say their father was still not at Grandma's! I called him and bitched.....do you know what he said to me? "I don't tell you how to spend time with your kids. Don't tell me how to spend time with my kids."

To make matters worse? I go to pick up the eldest at 6:15 (it had been planned that way) the youngest wanted to spend the night with him. He had already left with his wife before I got there and left the 11 year old. Didn't let her spend the night! He is leaving agian for a month to go back to California and my 11 year old was devestated!

Comment

Day AFTER Turkey day!

my blood is boiling for you if that matters. What a PR*CK!!!! How disappointing for your kids. I am sorry he did that to you but I am sure you make up for all of his many shortcomings. In the end that is what will matter.

Comment

Day AFTER Turkey day!

I am so glad I have full custody of my kids!

Rachele -- so sorry you had/ have to go through that. Dont think I havent had my issues because I have full custody, but what you described is not one of them!

I am horribly bored today. Hubby's plane was supposed to arrive late tonight. Last time I talked to him on the phone before I went to bed last night was around seven. He was to be boarding the plane for his 15 hour flight to LAX. Said he would call me today around 1:30 when he landed. So I get a call at 7:15 this morning that he is STILL in China at the airport. Their plane had some mechanical concerns, and so they cancelled his flight. The next flight to LAX was not until the next day, so he and the guy he went over their with had to sit in the airport for a total of 16 hours. What is funny about this though (although its not funny for him) is that when I talked to him last night around seven my time, it was 8 a.m. over there. He is a member of the "crown room" because he travels so much and has so much layover time in airports. The crown room is a nice lounge area with comfy leather sofas and all the free drinks you want. Now my husband is not much of a drinker -- he'll usually have one dink, maybe two and not finish the second. He is a member of the crown room because you can go in there and not feel like you are in an airport and not sit in a hard chair for hours. Okay -- back to the story. So anyway, he and his business associate go into the crown room at 8 am. China time with the sole purpose of getting "plastered" as he plainly told me last night! I was dying laughing because that is so unlike him. He said they wanted to be certain they would sleep most of the flight back to L.A. because it is non-stop 15 hours. So this morning he is STILL at the airport and he and his partner have horrible hangovers and now they had to board the plane about the time they should have landed with these hangovers. And it was the beginning of an over 24 journey back home. I really do feel sorry for him -- sounds like a recipe for me going insane! After his 15 hour flight, he has a five hour layover in LAX, then onto Miami where he has a 3 hour layover, then flies home and arrives tomorrow around noon. Geez I hope he is getting some sleep on the flights...

So all of my other family has plans today that we cant be a part of, and my older two are hanging out with friends and shopping, so I have attempted the beach, but it is too darn windy and cold, so we came home after 20 minutes and went to a park instead. I jogged with the dog and now have no idea what to do with the rest of the day. I have about four movies I want to see, but none of them are suitable for an 8 y/old, and I have no one to watch him. We have seen every movie he is eligible to see, so I guess I will figure something out. Shopping is not an option with him!

Beth... wish I could come with you to the movie... that's on my list! My oldest saw it and said it was great!

Wishing everyone a more eventful Friday than mine! :H
                            Allie
                            What happens in Vegas goes straight to Ohio....

Comment

Day AFTER Turkey day!

Awww........you guys are sweet!

Thanks so much for your kind words:l

Allie, I can't wait to see "Happy Feet"

Comment

Working...
                              X