Nonsense on a Saturday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nonsense on a Saturday

Helping hubby to plaster again this morning. I put the plaster bucket down behind the stool that he was standing on. Lo and behold. Where did he decide to step down? Right into the bucket! I DID NOT do it on purpose Lush, to get my revenge! I didn't! Choice language abounds!:H

Had two glasses of wine last night. ( So did he) Early days.

Love to all as always,

Waves x
    Enough is enough

Nonsense on a Saturday

Good Morning Awesome MuffinTops!
    Oh..Waves..you know you did that on purpose...good for you! Subconscious, no doubt.
    In reading the posts on Mack deciding to go mods or not, I have decided that I need a better plan.
    I feel I have come a long way. I don't walk into my classroom hungover...(something I was doing on a much too regular basis..ugh)...I get so much done..I exercise! I LOVED Jen's list..need to print it and read it daily.
    However---I'm with Lush--I'm No poster girl for Mods..I may consider dedicating a chunk of time to AF after the holidays (I won't kid myself and think I can do it before that)..start really tracking my drinks..
    Thanks for the wake up call
    Love you all
    sm-mary

Comment

Nonsense on a Saturday

Good Morning!

Waves, I had to re read your post twice....I thought it said you helped hubby get plastered:H :egad:

Okay, it's really time to get back on the mods bus and stop feeling sorry for myself about the job loss. I've been using that and the fact that I've dosed down on the topa to stop measuring and tracking my drinks.

That's not called mods, it's called old habbits

I just adore you all and I am so grateful that I can keep righting my wrongs. I know I can do better than this and I will start fresh today......afterall it is NO nonsense Saturday!

Macks, Becca, Preciouspinot, Mojo, Tawny, Lush, Mary Anne, MKR Mary, Soccer Mom Mary, Jenneh, Laura, Judie, Gypsi, Fsophiah, Allie, Mary8305, Eustacia, Hundi, Waves, Trish, Dilayne, Pinkmilk, Mike, Brian, Tumadre, MMII, Cheeks, Lilyluvr56 , GermanBrewer, WaitingtoExhale, bak310,TracyA, Tinkerbell, and Pedro (Did I miss anyone?)
      I love you all!

:welcome: skootiemom and Paul W (sorry I'm late)
      :h :h :h :h

Comment

Nonsense on a Saturday

Waves, you cracked me up! :H

Soccermom, I'm thinking of going AF for a while too - the end of this weekend to the end of the semester. I need to start gearing up for finals anyway. There was a time that seemed like a very lofty goal. It does not anymore.

Imagine, hang in there. Old habits die hard.

Hope everyone has a good Saturday.

Tracy

Tracy

sigpic

Comment

Nonsense on a Saturday

Now that I have dried my eyes over picturing Waves husband standing in plaster and her standing there looking oh so innocent, and then Rachele thinking she was helping her husband get plastered I can now type. Whew. Funny, funny.

Seems like a lot of us are in the same boat right now. Is it the mentality of the holidays? I know it is for me. This is my time of year to let loose, socialize, bake, cook, decorate and of course for my whole life that has always included sipping on wine and champagne through it all. I actually had a cringe moment yesterday when hubby, who never questions my drinking, actually questioned how much I had to drink on Thanksgiving. Thankfully 1/2 of the large bottle of white had been used in the basting liquid for the turkey (honest!!!!) but I had started with champagne first thing in the morning and, well as you all know, drinking all day you can consume quite a bit. I was never out of hand, felt fine yesterday but the sheer volume is scary and he noticed. I told him I am going to get serious after the holidays and I just pray I will actually do it. I envision a different life for myself, a different job, a healthier body and none of that will happen if I keep sitting at home and sipping my days away. The key is to not have it available in my house. Period. How hard can that be? Sometimes I just feel so stupid that I just cannot do this right.

Anyhow, Rachele, I am sorry you are feeling down about the job situation but for sure it is to be expected. Waves, good job on only two glasses of wine. Now be nice to that handyman of yours!!!

SM, you didn't go shopping again today?

To all of the rest of you Happy Saturday!!! Group hug!!!!
          I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Nonsense on a Saturday

Too funny! Think I'll go step in my paint bucket on that note!:H And seeing as how I didn't get much time in yesterday painting, & have to wait tables @ 4o, guess I'd better get my b*tt in gear!

Hope everyone has a great Saturday!

Group Hugs, & love, :l Judie
            The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Nonsense on a Saturday

Good Morning all-
              Mike-I'm so glad you were able to get the kids again yesterday! I have my nieces and nephews here for the weekend, and I rarely see all the kids together. There's only one boy out of 5, and he's the youngest. Those smiles.
              I am not in any place whatsoever to start looking at mods/AF/tracking my drinks. At least not this weekend. Brother and SIL will soon be here, and I know they'll show up with champagne to start the day off with mimosas before we go wine tasting (they won a weekend at a local B&B, which spurred the whole trip up here). At least they're not here late at night, which is when it usually gets into the really heavy drinking, and gets down and dirty and sometimes pretty ugly.
              I'm hoping to catch up with everyone's determination to monitor/reduce their drinking as soon as I can. Until then, I gonna do the best I can.
              Love you all, & again thanks for the support last night-
              Tumadre
              Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle.
              Plato

Comment

Nonsense on a Saturday

METHINKS WAVES DOTH PROTESTETH TOO MUCHETH!!
                Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle.
                Plato

Comment

Nonsense on a Saturday

I think just envisioning what we want for ourselves is helpful. I want to be that mom that puts her kids to bed, reads to them..loves on them..all sober--not the mom I was..and I don't want to forget that mom that I was---thus bad habits return. I too, can use events of the present to give me a good excuse to have that extra glass--holidays, oh poor me and my husband not working and recovering...but let me just get over myself and know that I want better than this for me and my family and my kids.--I love that too--"a healthier body...a healthier life!"
                  Mike--sounds like you're an awesome dad!
                  Rach-meant to tell you that my heart broke for your 11 year old..good thing she has such a great mom!
                  I just took the kids to see "Flushed Away"...tomorrow I told them I would take them to see that Santa Clause 2 movie...It's a good life I have!
                  No shopping today...sm-mary

Comment

Nonsense on a Saturday

Hi all,

I have missed you! Sorry I haven't been here for a few days.

sounds so much like everyone is having the "balancing act" of mods or abs shifting. I think a lot of it is the holiday season, so many parties, so much drinking as part of the party scene. We have parties to go to tonight and tomorrow, along with a dinner on Monday and then I have a dinner on Wednesday evening to go to.

I have been doing really well in mods and since about July, hard alcohol like rum, crown or tequila have not been in the house. Cases of wine and beer have been here but they don't really get me going. the open bottles of rum and crown were calling earlier in the week, so I told myself after everyone left on Thursday I could have a couple drinks, which I did and enjoyed. I didn't have any yesterday but I almost think, we have to plan around it, DAILY . . if not, it can come up and grab you. What I was doing before and am going to try to do for all the parties coming up, is not drink at home on the party nights. If I have one on a stay at home evening, have that drink, late, not at 6 in the evening more like 9. sip water right along with it. If I allow myself 2 that is ok, but that third drink, I don't want to do anything else but continue to drink. so I can not allow myself to have that if I feel I am going to fall down on this commitment to myself.

Some of your Thanksgivings sounded nice and some sounded completely stressful - hey there it is. It can be. so much in the way of family dynamics!

Our kitty stayed in the hospital until yesterday morning, but he let us visit her daily. she went in this am for more blood tests and we take her back tomorrow to keep her overnight again. She curled up with me last night so I didn't get a very good nights sleep. She is still pretty touch and go but he felt her spirit perked up so nice on the visits so he wanted her to go home and feel more comfortable. she has been thin and frail, like my own mom, for so long but as Laura pointed out about her kitty, she was still chasing butterflies and climbing stucco walls. Thanks to all who PM'd me and who gave me encouragement and little tips to help her out.:thanks:

Had a really rough day on Tuesday, as my husband opened one of the back gates so the guy to clean the septic tank could get in there. He went back in the house after digging out that area and completely spaced out that the gate was open. He was talking to me later on the phone and I mentioned that he had that gate open earlier - YEP, Bandit one of our dogs got out. He is almost 160 lbs, and although he is a wolf hybrid with a super gentle spirit, he looks very scary to most people. His size is really unbelievable. My husband spent almost all day going up and down roads, asking every one if they had seen him, called the animal control for our village and the two surrounding cities. I took time off between clients to go look for him myself. I kept telling my husband, he will be back for dinner, we were both freaked because he is not trained at all around cars. About 6:30 pm, our neighbors 2 doors away, track us down through one of the other neighbors and said, he came into their yard, ate all the little bowls of hamburger meat the lady had out for the road runners and had hung at their house all day. At first they were freaked by his size and then by the end of the day they were petting him. I have now nicknamed him Forrest, after Forrest Gump, as he is slow enough that if he has hamburger, like a box of chocolates, he is not even going to miss home or realize we have been up and down that road 40 + times calling his name and worried about him, during the day.

Thanksgiving went wonderfully - totally got a kick out my geriatric guests. We champagne toasted the engaged couple and had 3 sets of grandparents plus my wheelchair bound, girlfriend and her husband, all went over 50 years of marriage. So we started with the longest married and had each couple tell the kids what their secret to a long successful marriage was. Each couple had some sweet and sage advice. I had the cocktail hour start at 4:30 and you know, a lot of them were still there at 10 pm.

Not to ignore the divorce, step parent issue. All I can say is it is hard to deal with and the best thing I have found is no one should talk trash about anyone involved. The kids are quite bright and totally "get" who is looking out for their best interests. If there is someone talking trash, the reality is that the kids see them as the weak and ugly person to be around. Not something that feels right to them. My boys came back one summer and said their dad's new wife was a whiner and a complete, B***TH. they said things about how _ _ _ _ _ whipped he was. I didn't even know they knew that term at that point. I just told them, that was sad and that maybe over time they would see a different side of her because after all she was their step mom. I think she is more confident in the marriage now and not so insecure with where she stands so it is better now.

Well, I am in here to try and catch up on one project so I must get onto work.

I for one and so thankful for each and everyone of you, Judie, Becca, Allie, Rachele, SM Mary, Waves, - yes that was passive aggressive, but quite funny! MIke, Tracy, Tu Madre, Jen, MM - Happy Birthday! Macks, Preciouspinot, Dilayne and all I missed.

Love you all,:h :l
                    Mary

Comment

Nonsense on a Saturday

Hi everyone --
                      The thread with Macks made me rethink my plans as well. I dont think I can attempt AF during the holidays either, but I think after New Year's Eve would be a great time for me. Plus, with starting school in January, that will be even more incentive for me because I will be back to the life of a student after all these years, and I KNOW I will have to study and do lots of papers and research that being hungover just will not allow for. I honestly dont know how I will juggle it all and I am getting a bit nervous as it gets closer. I like to keep my house "a certain way" and get really irritable when its gets out of hand, so I will have a lot to juggle, but it is probably going to be very good for me. Not working since June has allowed me to have my days more my own - to take naps if I drank too much the night before, but all of that will change very soon!

Hubby arrived safe and sound after 41 hours of travelling (including all the layovers). I dont know how he did it. He only got three hours of sleep on his 15-hour flight back to L.A., and no sleep on the other two flights from there home. He is trying to stay awake until six p.m. tonight to try to get turned around tonight. Currently the Florida - Florida State game is keeping him awake! He brought us all back some awesome stuff from China. He bought me this gorgeous dress that is all black silk with red and gold chinese flowers on it -- very authentic looking. I couldnt believe it actually fit seeing how it is made to fit snug. He did good! He also brought me a bracelet made of all rubies that is breathtaking. Of course he can get those so much lower price than here! Becca -- if you're reading -- he brought me two of those cast ion teapots as well! Anyway, he had to buy another suitcase to fit all the treasures in. It was like Christmas when he got home! So happy to have him back....

Think I'm gonna shoot for AF tonight --- want to enjoy every minute of tomorrow with him and feel my best!
                      Allie
                      What happens in Vegas goes straight to Ohio....

Comment

Nonsense on a Saturday

Mary, I am so glad we heard from you. You have definitely had your plate full! I am sorry about your kitty and I am glad your enormous dog is okay. Dogs are so stupid, yet sweet, aren't they? Mine decided to eat an entire vanilla pillar candle the other day when we left him in the car and I did know it had fallen out of my grocery sack. And then when we get back in the car he knew he was in trouble.....he ate the wick, the wrapper and all. I was kept waiting for him to get sick but he never did thankfully.

As always you are the kind of moderator I strive to be. Thanks for posting!!!

Comment

Nonsense on a Saturday

Lushy, I didn't put your name down, I am so sorry! How coudl I miss you of all people!!

Sor sorry about the candle. Wrapper and all huh?! He nver got sick?

Oh, Bandit's, dad ate an sos pad one time, I try to retireve it from his mouth but it was gone. I always thought that had to be really uncomfortable and if he drank water, would he be sudsy in his stomach. My husband took back some dog food one time that they didn't like. He basically brought that story up saying they are not the most discerning eaters, so this stuff can't be very tasty of none of them will eat it!

Hugs and Love to you,
                          Mary

Comment

Nonsense on a Saturday

Allie, we were posting at the same time and I have been thinking of you as well. You start school in January??? Wow, that will be a life change, but I know it will keep you on the straight and narrow. Not that college kept me on the straight and narrow but I did not get the hangovers like we seem to now that we are OLD!!!! That was so nice of your hubby to take the time to bring you back so many nice things. He must just be sooo exhausted. I laughed over the story of him getting plastered thinking he was getting on a flight and could sleep it off. I did not know they made cast iron tea pots. Very cool.

MKR, I knew you did not forget me. Who could? For crying out loud I am almost up to 1000 posts and I have been here for a much shorter time than most of you. At 1000 I stop until you all catch up with me.

Okay, back to work. Ugh.

Comment

Nonsense on a Saturday

Hello all
                              Mary I am sorry you are going through so much with your lovely pets but I hope things are better, at least now that you have your gentle giant doggie back.
                              I havent seen Mack's thread about moderation but the conversation it has brought up sure is interesting. I have been finding over the last week or so that my cravings have gone way up. Mind you, I am no longer taking any topa at all - I wanted to see how I would feel without it - since it makes me so tired. It is probably a combo of the holiday season coming and of course the lack of topa, but I have really been having urges to drink like i havent in months. I havent gone overboard or anything, but the desire is coming back to engage in the alcohol again.,...I think I will have to be back on the topa and regular supps, routine etc. again because I am afraid to have all my hard work go down the toilet! Cant risk going back...
                              Love you all!
                              Jen
                              Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Working...
                              X