Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Instructions for using Photobucket to post pictures on MWOl.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most of us use Photobucket to post our pictures here. Rags has asked me to post this for any members who wish to use Photobucket and don't know how. Here are the instructions I've sent to a few members to get them started....
    Rags made an excellent point about opening a new web page besides the one you're logged into MWO with and working with PB on that page.
    It's as easy as pie to download pics from Photobucket. Just go to their site (.com) Along the top is a blue bar with a white space on the right side that says "search images". You can just write in what you're looking for - "congratulations", "have a great weekend", cute puppies, red cars, whatever. Click on the search button next to it and the first page of pictures will pop up. This is the easy way to post the pictures. If there's something you want to post there, put your cursor on the picture and four bars will pop up below it. Click on the bottom one that is the IMG code and it will automatically copy the picture. Go to the message box here at MWO where you want to post the picture and simply right click on your mouse and then paste it. It's that simple. There is another method using the image icon - that's the little yellow square at the top of the message box that shows a mountain. But you can do it my way and it's much easier. Then, to see how the photo will appear, click on the "preview message" bar at the bottom of the message box and it will show you how your message will look. If the picture you want to post is too big you can edit it but you have to sign up - it's free, you don't have to pay to join in order to do the easy stuff. Then you can resize, crop, add text, whatever. There are lots of options there. Just read all the different boxes that come up. And after you've signed up, you can upload pictures from your computer to your file there. Just make sure you secure any photos such as family ones that you wouldn't want others to have access to. They can be copied from your files to someone else's. I would suggest that before uploading pictures from your computer to Photobucket, that you resize them to around 600 by 800. That's a good size, doesn't take long to upload and can be posted here at MWO. To upload your pictures, just click on the green "upload now" bar and you're off and running. I usually go through my pictures first and note the dates so it's easier to find them if I want to upload several photos at a time - you have that option in the upload part. Again, before you post the picture or pictures you want to, click on the preview post button at the bottom of the message window to see how your pics will look.
    If I can be of any more help, just PM me.

For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
    AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Bout time someone did this!!

Nice one Stirls!
    "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
    NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Have to buy a camara :-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
      I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

TA Very much

Comment

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j47S8kRmXY8[/video]]YouTube - The Nips - Gabrielle
            YOUTUBE TEST

Comment

Thanks Stirly:thanks:. I think I'm getting the hang of this!

Comment

It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

:bump:
                  For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                  AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

mario;1044361 wrote: Have to buy a camara :-)
                    Um, me too.

Thank's Stirly.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

expat3;1050559 wrote:
                      Now there's a head! How could you not fall in love with this little beauty?!

Nice one Expat.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

OMG Thanks, Stirly!!! I have been trying to figure this out for days. Meet Cooper, AKA...DannaDawg.
                        :hDOING THIS FOR ME FOR TODAY!:h

WORD FOR THE DAY: HUMBLE

DAY - 1 Done
                        DAY - 2 Processing
                        DAY - 3
                        DAY - 4
                        DAY - 5
                        DAY - 6
                        DAY - 7
                        DAY - 8
                        DAY - 9
                        DAY -10

Comment

I did it! Thanks Stirly !

On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                          *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

one2many;1044358 wrote: Bout time someone did this!!

Nice one Stirls!
                            mario;1044361 wrote: Have to buy a camara :-)
                            anon;1044507 wrote:
                            TA Very much
                            Ha! Did it. Thanks very much Nelz
                            You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

Love it and thank you but having trouble figuring out how to make the photo smaller. Can you advise how to do that as I'm not seeing those instructions anywhere. Also, instructions seemed changed for me than what you posted. I found if I clicked on the name of the photo it pulled up 3 choices to the right with one of them being the IMG. I clicked on that and it copied the pix but no where did any info come up as to how to edit or resize the pix? Thanks!

:l
                              Eve11
                              "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                              X