Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunday, November 26

Hello everyone -

I do hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving and made it through the holiday without trouble (or too much trouble!) I have not fallen off the face off earth but rather just so consumed with the stuff of life and have not been around here in some time. I've missed everyone and plan to spend some time reading to get updated!

I did finally have my licensing test and I did past do despite my procrastinating in studying, I did very well. I'm thrilled to have it behind me. The run up to the holidays was filled with too many obligations and chores - I need to learn how to say no. And the plans for the holiday themselves did not gel until Wednesday evening. We were to go to my mothers and she was without water for 6 days. It finally came back Wednesday night so the festivities were moved back to her home. Anyway, its all done now and I am recovering from a spectacular cold I contracted. The good news? It kept me from heading out with friends to the bars to see everyone. Bad news? I didn't see anyone!!

While I haven't checked in here for sometime, the thought of everyone here, the support I know is here and the comapssion that is here helped me through the hurdles that the holidays present. I did OK. No regrest (and thats a first) I am grateful for all of you and this sight. Not going to stray like that again for the remainder of upcoming season!

Have a great day everyone!
    Hawk

Sunday, November 26

Very sad Sunday today.

I logged on today to find that our friend the Kanga has died.

:upset: :upset: :upset: :upset:

He brought joy to this place, and he will be missed.
    :h :h :h :h

Comment

Sunday, November 26

why do the good ones get taken and the bad ones remain?

Comment

Sunday, November 26

Wow. That is sad news. :upset:
        He will be greatly missed here...

Definately no guarantees in this life... you just never know when your number will come up.

Anyone see that post from Best over in Gen D, about the coffee cups? Here's a short version of it... it's worth checkin out.

Live simply.
        Love generously.
        Care deeply.
        Speak kindly.
        Leave the rest to God.
        We are miracles, my friends,
        Our life either shines a light - or casts a shadow.

:h :l Judie
        The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Sunday, November 26

I am now crying my eyes out...I feel so much grief about our dear friend....What happened to Kanga/??????
          Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Sunday, November 26

It looks like he went to Irag as part of the Australian air force. He had a heart condition and came home for surgery, which he did not survive.

Comment

Sunday, November 26

I, too, am sitting here with a pit in my stomach and tears in my eyes. Kanga just PMd me the other day, out of the blue, to tell me he was in Iraq. I did not know if he was kidding me or not but now we know he wasn't. I just got done reading the "Can a Bloke Listen to Sheila Music" thread and it just made me sad but made me laugh at the same time. Having just experienced his wit and caring on these boards his real life friends and family were lucky to have known him. What a sad, sad thing.
              I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Sunday, November 26

Just reading over all of the Kanga posts... Still can't believe this.:upset:
                The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Sunday, November 26

I am absolutely sick to my stomach about this...
                  He sent me the nicest PM about two weeks ago. Nobody has bumped up his last thread that he wrote where he just said, "G-day." (I would bump it up, but dont know how..) If you folllow it, he says that "life has been unbelievably hard" lately. I guess he was in Iraq and that is what he was referring too. He posted a cute and corny little poem about cheese, which I added a verse too. His compliment back made my heart melt.

I still cant figure out what thread announced this news other than the Lizzie mouse one? So many questions...... I wonder how old he was?

What a sad day.....
                  What happens in Vegas goes straight to Ohio....

Comment

Sunday, November 26

It's been bumped, Allie...
                    AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Sunday, November 26

Like all of you I am sitting here in tears. Kanga so often made me laugh or smile or nod in agreement. It's hard to believe .
                      Enough is enough

Comment

Sunday, November 26

terrible news but perhaps we can try to find inspiration from it, look after our health more and stick to our goals.

xxx

Comment

Sunday, November 26

Wow

I only knew Kanga briefly but he was such a positive force here. I will miss him. This is quite a shock.
                          Hawk

Comment

Sunday, November 26

Our life either shines a light - or casts a shadow.

My anxiety over my family visiting this weekend sound so petty now that I'm ashamed. Kanga definitely shone a light on us all...
                            :l Tumadre
                            Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle.
                            Plato

Comment

Sunday, November 26

Saint Jude wrote: Our life either shines a light - or casts a shadow.
                              My anxiety over my family visiting this weekend sound so petty now that I'm ashamed. Kanga definitely shone a light on us all...
                              :l Tumadre
                              Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle.
                              Plato

Comment

Working...
                              X