Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top Mod Tips

Hiya Lads and Ladies,

I am jetting off to Vietnam for a holiday this very evening.
    I am both excited but also wary, wary because I will be attempting my first modding plan after 6 months sober during my trip.
    I would really appreciate if those of you who have moderated successfully either now or in the past to pass on your words of wisdom.
    I will write down all the ones that I feel would work for me and perhaps even carry it around in my pocket!

My thoughts at this point are:
    Never drink 2 days running.
    Start off with only one drink for the first few times and ' graduate' to 2 if I feel my headspace can handle it.
    Keep listening to my NLP cds.
    Practise Yoga daily ( have packed my mat! )

Your time and words would be much appreciated.
    Thanks!
    Hope all is well in your world.
    SJ XX
    I am Perfectly Imperfect!

Top Mod Tips

Hi Gidget,

Sounds like a good plan. When I first tried modding after five months abstinence, I had three drinks in a space of three to five hours but I felt incredibly tired that next day. My body was no longer use to it.

If i decide to have that odd drink, I always make sure that I never drink more than one drink per hour and I set myself a maximum for the night. I never allow myself more than three glasses of wine. It has worked for me in the past and I have woken up feeling fresh. I also make sure that I have a decent amount of AF days behind me. I am still deciding whether I can moderate but so far so good.

If you stick with your plan you will succeed. Good luck!

But
    Be strong-
    We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
    Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

Top Mod Tips

Hi Rebirth!
      Sorry for the belated reply and thanks for the tips. You were my only reply!
      Ah well, you win some you lose some : )
      I have been quite happy with my drinking behaviour during my holidays but my biggest test will be back in the 'real' world.
      I like the idea of not drinking often and only on special ocassions or a nice dinner.
      I hope your modding is going as planned.
      SJ x

Comment

Top Mod Tips

giget.... can i come in your luggage. so envious. now im rubbish at modding and im rubbish at af but i did spend some time in se asia. thailand, laos and cambodia.... didnt make it to vietnam. in the 4 months i was there i only drank once. there was so much to see and do i really didnt want to. perhaps you will feel the same. have a fantastic time.... im sure you will and good luck with the modding
        Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
        Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Top Mod Tips

whoops...just realized that this is an old post and youve allready been. glad the modding went well. hope you had a fantastic time.
          Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
          Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Top Mod Tips

Gidget,
            I bumped up an old post for you with mod tips. Good luck, stay safe, have fun!!
            :l
            Eve11
            "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Top Mod Tips

Thanks Eve, will check it out.
              Hiya SpuddleDuck ( Best name on the site ),
              Thanks for your reply, Am just on the last few days of the trip and have been very happy with my modding. I found two things held me back from overdoing it: It's so bloody hot, sometimes you dont have the energy to lift a drink! Also My mother in tow I tend not to overdoe it with her around. Not out of respect as such but more my subcobscious knows that it is not about to be a raging night so it seems not to get over excited at the thought of a drink. It is certainly still a work in Progress!
              Hope your all healthy and happy today.
              Am off to find a market for some food!
              I sure am looking forward to seeing my own bed though. KG- I do believe I too am getting over the long trips, I want to travel comfortably from now on.
              xx

Comment

Top Mod Tips

Hi Gidget - so glad you checked in. And, how wonderful that you're doing well with the modding. I hear what you're saying about being with your mom - hardly a big trigger to party down.:H:H

Maybe you can tell us a bit about your travel experience when you return. I'm off for a mini trip to Santa Fe, New Mexico. Leave today.......can't wait. In fact, off to get ready.

Be safe,
                KG

Comment

Working...
                X