PGX - water soluble fibre that helps portion control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those of you trying to lose a bit of weight I found this supplement called PGX from a Canadian written diet book called "The Vice-Busting Diet". The premise of the book is to give up your fat causing vices one at a time in order to see gradual weight loss. The author, Julia Harvey toots this supplement as it is a water-soluble source of fibre that actually lowers the Glycemic index of consumed foods. It also really helps with stabilizing blood sugar levels and with the epidemic of diabetes, it's worth looking into. It also takes care of any constipation one might be dealing with as long as you drink lots of water with it.

I took it last night just before dinner and put less food on my plate. You have to drink lots of water with it as it attracts many times it's weight in water which then sits in your stomach giving you the full feeling very quickly.

Sure enough, I was stuffed after eating half of what I usually eat. It works fast so you can take it just as you sit down to eat. I also felt full for the rest of the evening. So, no snacking. PGX.com
    Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
    ? Lao-Tzu

sounds promising
    I have lost about 55 pounds since last June by eating less and exercising LOTS

Comment

and not drinking

Comment

Wow that is great Sunny. I would love to lose those last ten stubborn pounds that I have had forever. I am starting a new thread today to journal my weight loss with a real emphasis on drinking or lack thereof. Going to the Florida Keys at the end of February and would love to feel slim and have thighs that don't rub together if you know what I mean.

Glad for you in your weight loss. It is no small feat. :goodjob:

tips
        Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
        ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Working...
        X