My commitment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My commitment

Today, I commit to 50 minutes of cardio. I was going to make a weekly commitment, but I thought it a bit much.

Who else?

My commitment

I'll do 30 minutes of cardio (I'm limited by my doc and PT because of the stupid shin) and then about 20 minutes of abs and weights.
    Good idea barb.
    If I have to work, I will do it in the evening.
    If I do not have to work, it will be done after lunch.
    Either way, it WILL be done today! OH , plus my stretches and exercises specifically prescribed for the shin. And the icing.

Comment

My commitment

Well, it was really closer to 45, but with the warm up and cool down, it was 50 ( I never count that). Maybe I'll do abs later. I hate abs. I just feel so good that I did it.

Anyone who is putting it off just jump in and do it. You'll thank me later.:thumbs:

Comment

My commitment

Good morning-

And good work barb and becca!
        I got up and went to the gym this morning. I did weights for my arms (my least favorite thing to do) stretched lots, a little ab work (still have a sore muscle there), then did 23 min on the eliptical machine. I'm working up to 30 min on that thing. But I can see some progress - just a week or so ago I was straining to make it to 18 minutes.

Unfortunately, I am not in a very positive mood today. Waiting for a roofer(leak in my roof) who is now almost 2 hours late. He forgot.

I was sad all day yesterday because of kanga and didn't do much. Still sad today and trying to get myself going.

Back to my mantra - 'it's not up to me' gotta work out no matter what.

I saw a man working out there this morning on an ab crunch machine. He was an older man and I've seen him there before. He is also a large man - about 6'4 or 5 and pretty muscular. I saw him on this machine for what seemed like 45 minutes. When I was done and leaving I stopped by and asked just how long he was working that machine. He said he did 5,000 reps at about 340lbs....but only 1,000 at a time! only!
        Then he told me he was an ordained minister and worked out every day but Sunday. He said 'God said your body is your temple so I'm taking care of my body and my spirit'. He was quite friendly actually and when I left he said 'ok, go take care of that temple!'
        Just thought I'd share that. It kind of made me happy for a bit.

ok...gotta go...actually just continuing to wait for the roofer. Sorry for the long post!

Lisa

Comment

My commitment

Did my cardio (30 min on the bike on a cross country course... about 5 miles) and abs yesterday, but the weight section was filled with burly men, so I got intimidated and left! Hate that. That's the downfall of doing the workout in the evening! I like going during the day with the mommies!
          I'll do my weights today.
          AND, Barb, I SWEAR, I was gonna bag the gym idea altogether after my therapy, but since I had said I was going on here, since I told you all I was going, I went! So thanks. Gotta quit feeling sorry for myself, it's brutally pathetic.
          Sidenote: recap today's commitment: No booze, do weights. check!
          Good job, Lisa! You'll work up to it. That's the way you do it!

Comment

My commitment

Hi, today I am going to walk at least an hour and exercise to music at least an hour.

MM
            Saving the day one minute at a time!

Comment

My commitment

I sit at a desk all day long. I am taking a walk, and thanks MM for the reminder, that I can listen to my CD's! My work will have to wait, while I am out walking. Thanks for the nudge Barb.
              Meow-Meow
              MonaKitty

Comment

Working...
              X