My Moderation Plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Moderation Plan

I have decided to tweak my moderation plan which was too elaborate to work under pressure involving counting of drinks, no wine, etc etc.

My new plan is this:

I only drink low alcohol beers.

My definition of a low alcohol beer is that it contains less than 2.5 % alcohol.
    In Australia we have two main ones, Cascade Light and Hahn Light. There are others, but these seem to be the main ones available on tap in hotels.
    Moderating since 1st December 2010

"There is no such thing as failure, only feedback"

My Moderation Plan

Good on you. My mod plan is to only drink a couple of times a month.
    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

My Moderation Plan

And I found out earlier in the week that low alcohol means under 3%. I was in Brisbane with my wife on family matters, went for lunch to the Baviaran Beer Cafe, and found that they do not sell low alcohol beer. Their lowest was 3.6%. That was enough to send me off to meet up with old friends and sail off on a boozy day checking out all my old favourite pubs from when I worked there. No real harm done, sank about 10 drinks, but not very popular with my wife who was waiting back in the hotel for me to take her out to dinner, and I arrived home about 4AM.

Back to the drawing boards, and low alcohol beer has to mean low alcohol.
      Moderating since 1st December 2010

"There is no such thing as failure, only feedback"

Comment

My Moderation Plan

Hi Kev,

Sounds like a great idea. If you're drinking a low AL% much less likely to feel the effects and drink too much.

Have a great day!

Comment

My Moderation Plan

I agree - beer is a safer way to go for sure. Drifty - would like to hear how you do with your plan.

KG

Comment

Working...
          X