Monday, November 27th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monday, November 27th

Hi Everybody. Sorry I have not been "visiting" the past couple of days. It has been a whirlwind again. I had a great Thanksgiving. Once again, I prepared a meal for 140 people at Synagogue. And though we were anticipating low response on my new environmental program because of the holidays, my press release hit the top 30 on environmental news, so I am swamped!!! Oh, and yea, I will be married 26 years on Wednesday and am starting a national internet radio program on Friday. So, I can't stay long. I am meeting my goals most days. I have been very successful at only three cokes a day (down from 12-24) and am limiting alcohol to sharing a bottle at night with hubbie. I lost five lbs. last week! I was surprised that I did not even want to drink in the morning on Thanksgiving! The hors'douvres that was suggested through my sources really helped me to keep control!! (posted under recipe corner). If you like cranberry sauce, you should try the one cooked in port wine. It was great. I couldn't believe it was less calories than the one with sugar!!! My big thing now is to always feel in control. So, while I am drinking, I always stop after each glass and ask myself, "how do I feel in my head now?" If I don't feel that I could carry on a serious conversation about a serious issue, I stop. It's working really well for me.

Hope all of you are doing great!!!! Wish you well. Love you all soooooo much. Pink Milk, its great to see you back!!!

MM
    Saving the day one minute at a time!

Monday, November 27th

Good afternoon everyone. I just got back from my trip on the coast of northern Florida last night at about eleven pm. I'm sorry to hear the tragic news about Kanga. He will truely be missed on these boards.

MM great job on your goals and I do sort of the same thing about carrying on an intelligent conversation and staying in control...it's very empowering when mastered
    Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

Monday, November 27th

Fan...sorry to hear you're so melancholy today
      Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

Monday, November 27th

Kanga day

It's hard to post today. For those who only look at this board I just wanted to draw attention to Kanga day which was suggested on the general board. It's a day AF on 1st December as a tribute to him.
        Enough is enough

Comment

Monday, November 27th

I know what you mean, Waves, about it being difficult to post today. I'm just doing my best today to respond to a couple of the newer people and keep in touch with a few friends, that's about it. Sorry, I usually put more effort in as well, or blab on and on about something, but not today.
          I will be AF today.
          Love your avatar, Mike.
          Tawny, I do hope you were able to get some rest. Thinking of you all day. Continued deepest condolences to Australia.

Comment

Monday, November 27th

Yes, the air is quite heavy today for me as well. I am trying to stay busy with much-needed things to do to prepare for school. Had to run by the college this morning for a little paperwork stuff, and have been trying to brush up on all this Algebra junk that is so GREEK to me..... oh please somebody help me here! I am about to run out to Barnes and Noble and get one of those "Algebra for dummies" books to hopefully make this a little easier.... or maybe they even have come out with an "Algebra for Blondes?" That would be nice....

Was working on a little poem to.... just a little tribute to Kanga. Not sure if I will ever post it or if it is just my own way of writing out my thoughts and dealing with it.

Precious ..... you were at the beach in North Florida and you didnt call me?? Shame on you.... I probably passed you walking on the beach and didnt even know it.....(I spent part of Friday there). Where did you go?

Well -- I wish I could say that I have been AF since I heard this, but I havent. I will try tonight!

Allie
            What happens in Vegas goes straight to Ohio....

Comment

Monday, November 27th

We stayed at a beach house at Alligator Point, we took little trips to Apalacicola (sp?), Panecea, and Tallahassee

Comment

Monday, November 27th

The note from the Universe could have been written for or by Kanga:

Sometimes it's easy to forget, that everyone's just on their way home.

That you're all truly the best of friends.

And that this whole crazy thing kind of started as a dare - to see who might love the deepest, no matter how lost the others became.

Gosh, how you're missed.
                ***** The Universe

Hi all,

Mike, thank you for the avatar. You are amazing. Sorry you are not feeling too hot today.

I read Kanga's posts but rarely post over in GD. I always had a smile on my face or cheery thought reading his posts.

It is tough to wrap my head around all of this.

Allie, you can do this, you are just feeling a bit out of it at the moment towards school. I applaud you going back and giving it your best shot!

Waves and Becca, I understand, I am in shock and was not one of his sheilas.

Precious and MM, good job. that is a good control issue, keeping in touch with the condition you are presently in. There were a couple seriously drunk people at Saturday night's party and one that was kind of losing it rather quickly after we got to last nights' dinnner party. I prefer to not do that especially when there are so many people in the community that know me for my work. That was never as big of an issue for me as coming home and drinking by myself. I do feel the holiday season has already caused a shift in my focus on drinking so I may have to drag those CD's back out and get back on the supps as I don't want to fall into a black pit of abuse.

Hugs and Love to all,
                Mary

Comment

Monday, November 27th

Allie,

I'll understand if you want to keep your poem private. but I do hope that you will ultimately decide to post it. You write so beautifully. I'm sure that your words would capture the feelings that are churning inside so many of us when we remember Kanga.

:heart: E

Comment

Monday, November 27th

Hi everyone -

Glad to see people around and staying close to board. The events of yesterday churned up a lot of memories of people close to me that were taken too soon. Its hard. I did remain AF yesterday but had to take an Ambien to go to sleep! I've been up since 6 am and have been productive. Really productive! It feels good but now I am tired!

Oh well....have a good day everyone.
                    Hawk

Comment

Monday, November 27th

Yep, it's still a sad day here... I hesitated to turn the computer on. :flower:

We are like a family here though, and we need each other, ....
                      Definately still time to be thankful, amazing how quikly everything can change.

Mike- Love the avatar!

MKR- That quote from the universe warms my heart:h
                      By the way, how is "Forrest Gump" doing? 160 lbs of furry love? Geez! He's almost as big as my Hubby! Definately more fur though!

MM- you amaze me. You're energy is incredible. I was proud that my 2nd attempt @ pie crust didn't burn on Thanksgiving... Forget cooking for 140!!

Allie- Yahoo! School starting in just a few months! That's so exciting! I hated algebra! Don't think I've used it since 1976 either!!

Eustacia- Great to see ya back around. Hope you're feeling better.

Precious- I think Mary Ann lives around Tallahassee. Speaking of, I should give her a call. Haven't seen her in a while.

Waves- Thanks for the reminder about the Kanga day on Dec 1. I think that's a great idea.

Becca- How're the shins? Hope ya feel better soon. This is a difficult time.

Tawny - Love ya! And thinking of you:h

Hugs & peace To Everyone
                      The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Monday, November 27th

Good afternoon/evening? to everyone...I always feel a little off (well, I am a little off) about what time it is-I feel like I'm either posting way early or way late. It's noon here. I am so grateful to my husband for listening to me last night about Kanga, and what an amazing group of people are here.
                        Fan-Thank you for the avatar in honor of the Australian forces, and Kanga.
                        Allie-I went back to school and took algebra when I was pregnant with my 2nd daughter. I never worked so hard in my life! I was so proud of myself when I got a "B". If I can do it, you can. "Algebra for Dummies" is on its way...
                        E-Please stick around. There's just something about you I adore.
                        MKR-those universe sayings are uncanny. Are they emailed to you?
                        MM-Good way to check in with yourself after each glass.
                        Back to a much more rigid food and drink schedule now that this weekend is over. Even though I drank 8 glasses of wine (or 10-who knows), it started early in the morning, and went to late at night (that's how it is with my SIL). I did drink water in between, and made sure to eat, so never quite felt drunk-Just really tired & blah the next day.
                        Well, December 1st it is. My first ever AF day, in honor of the Kanga.
                        Love to all of you, even if not named,
                        Tumadre
                        Bigs hugs to Tawny
                        Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle.
                        Plato

Comment

Monday, November 27th

Mkr Mary,

The note from the Universe...........WOW!

I just don't have much to say today, except, I hope you all are well.

Love and hugs to you all

Rachele
                          :h :h :h :h

Comment

Monday, November 27th

Mary, great message today.

This is the 1st time I have been on since last Tuesday. I am very sad about Kanga. My thoughts are for you today.

Laura
                            Humor is just another defense against the universe!

Comment

Monday, November 27th

Not much to say today either...

feeling blue. I guess losing Kanga really does hit home, even to those that were not one of his "sheilas". But we are like one big family here, and it is hard to believe one of us could die...very hard in fact.

Anyway, although his death was not alcohol related, it did make me think about my own mortality, my drinking...just general unpleasant thoughts. Ugh..

Anyway, on a more pleasant note, the day was fine. Took my son to the orthodondist. He is not happy. Thought he might be getting his braces off and instead got his rubber bands back on...sigh. Poor kid has had braces for ever...and his big sister got lucky with perfect teeth. It is tough to be 15 with a metal mouth. I remember. I was one of those as well lol. Gonna make him some nice soft spaghetti for dinner.

Tonight I am co-leading a 3-part talk on a book called "blessings of a skinned knee", having to do with raising children. Geared towards pre-school parents. Truthfully, I am sooooo not in the mood to do this for 2 hours tonight....and I am doing it as a volunteer...I must have been drunk when I signed up to do this!! (only kidding).

Well, that is it here...Hope you all had a pleasant day!

Allie, believe it or not, I was actually good at algebra. Hated history with a vengence...totally stink at geography..but algebra was/is my thing...so if you need assistance, I will give you a hand!

Later guys!!

Beth
                              formerly known as bak310

Comment

Working...
                              X