I'm starting abs- day one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tried moderation for a while, but I could not tolerate topamax, so I've been struggling. I'm going to do my best and take it one day at a time. So far, so good!

Hi Brian, I was just thinking about you darling! I am so glad you posted, and hope you will stay with us. I sure miss your sunshine. I am struggling too, it's a big nut to crack. Hope to see you on chat soon.
    Meow-Meow
    MonaKitty

Comment

Wow, Brian, I'm happy to see you taking this step! One day at a time is the right way! Keep giving it your best, and never surrender!

Hugs,

Kathy
      AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Hello Brian,

Welcome aboard. Day # 12 for me. Stocking up on the loup lol Kathy. I am feeling much better. It does get better by the day.

Comment

Good morning and welcome Brian! A big step! I came to the abs decision for the same reason and celebrated six weeks yesterday. I really feel so good...actually, I feel like I'm gaining control (the good kind) over all areas of my life that, well...just started to get a little messy. YEAH YOU!
          I'm going to go do 30 minutes on my new fancy smansy treadmill! Have a great day everyone!
          d

Comment

Hey Brian,

Good to see you here -- Welcome!

I think you'll find "Absville" to be a wonderfully supportive community. Stick around and be sure to ask questions, post A LOT at first, whether you are feeling good or bad, and let us get to know you. We love to see new people come on board -- and succeed at whatever goal they set for themselves.

If you find cravings to be difficult, there are meds that have fewer side effects than Topamax. Campral and Natrexone are very mild in comparison and can help people whose goal is abstinence. There's even a study out showing that the 2 are synergistic (is that the right word? I'm on topa myself!! :H ) -- meaning the effect of the two is more powerful than the sum of the two taken separately.

There are quite a few here doing it without meds of any kind.

Whatever your method, YOU CAN DO THIS!

Wishing you all the best~

Mike
            "Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance." -- Samuel Johnson (1709 - 1784)

Comment

Go for it, Brian!!
              I'm just glad to see you back and trying, trying. My doc wants me off the topa in the new year too, so I'm giving some abs days a go as well.
              Becca hug to you (and my big belly won't get in the way this time:H , changed my avatar... it just wasn't "me" anymore!), and get in touch with me--any of us-- any time, OK?
              :l

Comment

Hi Brian,
                :welcome: to Absville. I know you are not new to MWO so I won't say anything much except welcome!
                I have read your post in the past with interest so bring it on!
                I hope we can be of help and support for you.
                You're in NYC , right?

Nancy:l
                "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Hey....good luck friend. I am trying too...hopefully this will be the first of many AB days in our future. This stuff is hard. Glad we all have each other. Keep checking in.
                  Millie

Comment

Thanks everyone- I'm at day 3- no problems!

Comment

WOOO-HOOO Brian! :thumbs:

Comment

That's great, Brian--keep up the good work!
                        AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Day 4, and everything is o.k.!!!

Comment

Hey Absters,
                            Going to jump into chat in a sec but wanted to say hi to you all. Despite the heavy hearts we have here at MWO we seem to be doing ok here.
                            Will check in tomorrow.
                            Janet

Comment

Working...
                            X