Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HOW MUCH WEIGHT HAVE YOU LOST SINCE YOU QUIT/CUT DOWN?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This thread was started in order for people like me to get encouragement from people like YOU who have control over your drinking. One of the things that motivate me to cut down on the wine guzzling is the prospect of losing some weight.

If you have found that you have had successful weight loss of even a few pounds when you made the changes with regard to your consumption can you let us know.

Can you tell us what you drank, how much and whether you've quit or been successfully moderating and how much weight you've lost.

By the weigh (thought I would keep that little typo in there) one kilo is one pound x 2.2. Correct me if I am wrong.

Should I have posted this thread in the long term abstainers section?

Tips
    Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
    ? Lao-Tzu

Hi Tipplerette,
    Well, I've dropped a total of 10 kilograms so far, but plateaud out a bit.
    Hope to drop another 2 kilos in the next couple of weeks as I'm going overseas to CANADA skiing for a week. Whoopeeeeeee.
    There are many excellent posts about the useless calories in alcohol. Alcohol can also slow down fat metabolism, making it harder to lose weight. Considering there are 100 odd calories in a small glass of wine, it is too easy to pile on the weight if you're a heavy drinker like I used to be.

Comment

Tipples , I was a bottle of vodka a day sort of girl;-) one year on I've lost 60 lbs without trying Molly
      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Oops that was sposed to b a sad face (posting on poxy phone!) molly
        Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
        contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

I was 133 kg now down to 95kg, thats 21st down to 15st, At one time i was down to 14st, but panning out and toning up now, i hope,i ts another ongoing battle that i have.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
          I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

To my disappointment, I haven't lost any weight in 23 days AF. I thought it would start to fall off effortlessly since I wasn't taking in the empty calories, and I've tried to be conscious not to replace junk Al calories with junk-food calories. Bumped up my exercise, too (eg I walked seven miles yesterday), but still, no weight loss.
            I'm not letting it bother me too much, though. The important thing is to remain AF, and to shut out all those sneaky little thoughts like 'I might as well have one glass of wine, since I'm not losing any weight anyway and no one would notice.'
            Resisting all Magical Thinking...one day at a time

Comment

Before..

After...

“Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Techie,
                :H:H:H:H You sick twist. More, more, more, please.

Comment

:H:H

Lovely, Techie... just lovely!
                  John
                  AF since 7/13/2010

Comment

Yeah, Techie....send him over to my house!

Hi John! I've missed you, honey.

Comment

Tippler,

I had lost 20 pounds and gained 5 back. 50 more pounds to go.

Comment

Still giggling about Techie's photos of me. Thanks for replying... Keep it up.
                        Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
                        ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Good snapshots Techie. You orta put 'em on boot camp to remind us whay we're in boot camp!

Comment

RedJib;1054610 wrote: To my disappointment, I haven't lost any weight in 23 days AF. I thought it would start to fall off effortlessly since I wasn't taking in the empty calories, and I've tried to be conscious not to replace junk Al calories with junk-food calories. Bumped up my exercise, too (eg I walked seven miles yesterday), but still, no weight loss.
                            I'm not letting it bother me too much, though. The important thing is to remain AF, and to shut out all those sneaky little thoughts like 'I might as well have one glass of wine, since I'm not losing any weight anyway and no one would notice.'
                            It will probably start coming off soon. If you are exercising you'll be building muscle and reshaping your body, so take some measurements rather than rely on what the scales are telling you. You've got the right attitude ther! Good work.

Comment

mario;1054491 wrote: I was 133 kg now down to 95kg, thats 21st down to 15st, At one time i was down to 14st, but panning out and toning up now, i hope,i ts another ongoing battle that i have.
                              Mario, you must look like a pin up guy!

I want to drop a further 10 kgs but my body seems to be resisiting...... but I've set myself the beginning of June to get there. I want to be able to get my wedding ring back on. Haven't worn it for years. I reckon that's a pretty good goal. Then I'll start thinking about losing more weight and getting into my wedding dress, well it was a lovely skirt and top.

Comment

Working...
                              X