You are so beautiful

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You are so beautiful

There is a song that touches my heart every time I hear it. It is "You are so beautiful to me".
    I'm not sure who sings it but he has a raspy voice in parts.
    God said to us "daughters" in His Word that "He is enthralled by our beauty".
    Do you feel "beautiful" today? I have to admit that I don't very often until I think of my Heavenly Father and my earthly Daddy who always told me I was.
    Her are some thougthful words from a former Miss America.
    :h Nancy

Insight from HEATHER WHITESTONE (Former Miss America)

HEATHER WHITESTONE WAS CROWNED Miss America because of her beauty, poise, and talent. But she brought far more than a pleasing persona to her audiences. Heather, who lost her hearing at eighteen months, is a powerful spokesperson for people with hearing impairments. A highly skilled lip-reader, she is able to speak eloquently wherever she goes.
    Heather frequently addresses schoolchildren. She communicates to them a powerful message about beauty: "I've seen a lot of young ladies who are beautiful but have a hard heart. Nobody wants to be around them. When your heart is beautiful, you become more beautiful; your smile becomes more beautiful." This is something her mother taught her. And she wants boys and girls to know that "anything is possible if you believe in yourself and are willing to work hard."
    As she visited schools around the country, she noticed that small children sometimes forgot what she was trying to tell them. In response, she developed her "Stars" platform. "A Star," Heather Whitestone explains, "has five points: have positive attitude; believe in your dreams, especially education; face your obstacles no matter how great; work hard; and build a support team."
    Point to Ponder:
    Overcoming disabilities makes strong people stronger. The compensatory skills we develop in the process of working around our limitations often become our greatest strengths. And when we combine our positive attitudes with faith in God, we become irresistibly powerful. Those who know God and have won the battle against tragedy, disability, and loss emphatically thank Him for the hard times. They know that without their struggles, they wouldn't be the overcomers they are. And they know that without His sovereign permission, the struggles would have never blessed their lives.
    Power Quote:

Overcomers overturn their greatest liabilities into their most powerful assets.
    Scripture Reading:

Esther 4:14 - It could be that you were made queen for a time like this!
    "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10
Working...
X