Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am going to try this abs ...scarey

Hi friends.
    Like most of you, I have come to the realization that moderation isnt working for me because I am not moderating very well. Crap. I am so sad and so feeling "out of control". I am off topa because of the topa dopa and will try to do the one day at a time as is Brian. I am amazed at how afraid I am. I was considering treatment and realized with all of the "to do's" with christmas and bills and I am not really an "a a " group type person that I need to at least try ABS first. So I am taking advantage of all of you and have decided to jump off the cliff. Thanks in advance and am now attempting "one hour at a time" as it is too overwhelming to think in terms of "a day" at this point. Thanks for listening.

Hi Millie,
    :welcome: It's good to have you here!
    What parts of MWO are you doing?
    I do understand the hour by hour thing. Sometimes mine is minute by minute!

Absville has been a good place for me! It can get pretty funny around here sometimes!

:l Nancy
    "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Welcome Millie...you have a hundred hands holding yours today...don't be afraid..I know that's probably not fair for me to say, but it's amazing what happens when you realize you are not alone..it does something to that 'fear' thing. Good luck dear, and Happy Holidays!
      Dianne

Comment

thanks guys. i was just looking at a quote from Aristotle..."We are what we repeatedly do." What a thought. I guess that makes me a drunk. Well, thanks for the encouragement. I have been drinking at least one drink a day for over one year...should be quite the shock to my system when I quit. Hope I can find the person I lost somewhere along the line...and lose some weight too. hugs and thanks.

Comment

I'm an old veteran drinker of 59............drinking pretty much regularly since 30.............but noticed in the last year how much I have increased amount and speed at which I was drinking those drinks after the first. Like I was in a race with some unknown opponent.......scared the hell out of me. I read Susan Powter's book and she really hit home for me. That voice we all hear that keeps telling us to forget our promises to ourselves and go ahead; what the heck just today................to yell back. Go to Hell..............that was 2 months ago, I have been doing alot of reading and also bought MWO and have gotten on the vitamin program, Cd.s and meds, going on 3 days now. Don't see any difference so far...........I found for me that admitting I have lost my battle with the bottle and it was the winner, I no longer want to try to get back in the ring with it. I have been beaten too many times. I surrender. So that has taken the question of if, when or will I out of my life.............I am free to just live and not plan as I was doing constantly while drinking. Abstinence I know is the only way for me; and really don't care to see if one glass will hurt or not; life's too damn great this way. Plus another thing that was an eye opener. My grand daughter, just 7 told me.........grandma your breath always smells like alcohol. Not what I want to leave on my tomb stone. Good luck to all of us.
          newbegin

Comment

:new:
            newbegin wrote: I'm an old veteran drinker of 59............drinking pretty much regularly since 30.............but noticed in the last year how much I have increased amount and speed at which I was drinking those drinks after the first. Like I was in a race with some unknown opponent.......scared the hell out of me. I read Susan Powter's book and she really hit home for me. That voice we all hear that keeps telling us to forget our promises to ourselves and go ahead; what the heck just today................to yell back. Go to Hell..............that was 2 months ago, I have been doing alot of reading and also bought MWO and have gotten on the vitamin program, Cd.s and meds, going on 3 days now. Don't see any difference so far...........I found for me that admitting I have lost my battle with the bottle and it was the winner, I no longer want to try to get back in the ring with it. I have been beaten too many times. I surrender. So that has taken the question of if, when or will I out of my life.............I am free to just live and not plan as I was doing constantly while drinking. Abstinence I know is the only way for me; and really don't care to see if one glass will hurt or not; life's too damn great this way. Plus another thing that was an eye opener. My grand daughter, just 7 told me.........grandma your breath always smells like alcohol. Not what I want to leave on my tomb stone. Good luck to all of us.
            newbegin

Comment

Newbegin and Millie - Big :welcome: to you both

Thanks for sharing those honest feelings. That is powerful and it gives me renewed strength to hear it.

So glad you are here - hope I get to know you both better as we progress. I have been here about -well I guess it has been about 5 months. My life is quite different now than it was when I started. Today is 35 days Af for me (alcohol free), but it took awhile to get to this point. There may be some difficult times but keep focusing on what brought you here to begin with - and focus on the best part of being sober for you - at least, that is what helped me.
              Well, welcome, again.

Lisa

Comment

Day 7 abs for me. Do you guys and girls find it easier as the days go by? I certainly am.

Comment

yes I do Andy....
                  Day 47 for me, I would never have thought I could do it.

Comment

stollies1 wrote: yes I do Andy....
                    Day 47 for me, I would never have thought I could do it.
                    That's great!

Comment

Working...
                    X