Near Beer - Does this Work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Curious to know if others find the 0.5% near beer effective in kicking the alcohol abuse habit? I am 7 days abs and this is the longest spell of not reaching for the wine/beer bottle(s) in 7 years. I decided this time that I would try abs by drinking non-alcoholic alternatives and it seems to be working. Am I fooling myself?

My goal is to get off of the near beer as well but for now, I think my liver appreciates the break.

Like many people, I have lurked in this forum and find your openess and support truly inspiring. Thanks!

Hi enod

I used near beer for a few months after I stopped drinking, but I developed a way of treating it just like I did my real (and very precious) beer.
    I would make sure when I came home for lunch that I stocked the fridge with it so it would be cold when I got home. I would swing by the store several days a week after work to pick it up. I often switched grocery stores so I wouldn't seem like a "regular".
    I'd carry it around the house with me while I did my tidy/laundry/cooking thing.
    The list goes on. I even started to hide the empties....
    Had to give it up too.
    Got way to weird for me.
    My scenario away -
    Helen

Hey, WELCOME, by the way. Good to see you.

Comment

whatever works

Back in 2004 I did this when I was abs for 9 months. It helped me through the intial weeks--eventually I lost the taste for it and was able to leave it behind.

Whatever works!

Comment

horrible stuff, in my opion its a complete wast of time . I dont see what you can get out of it .
        Just my opion Phil

Comment

Some are better than others

I like the O'douls... regular, not the Amber. It's pretty near and I do like the taste- like a good can of cold Coke! I have stocked my fridge with all kinds of alternatives and it seems to help me cut back overall... and abstain on my alcohol free days. I don't think it makes me crave teh real stuff any more than I aready do...

Good luck- and Welcome!

Skootie
          "I have not failed - I have just found 10,000 ways that won't work"- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Some are better than others

I like the O'douls... regular, not the Amber. It's pretty near and I do like the taste- like a good can of cold Coke! I have stocked my fridge with all kinds of alternatives and it seems to help me cut back overall... and abstain on my alcohol free days. I don't think it makes me crave the real stuff any more than I aready do...

Good luck- and Welcome!

Skootie
            "I have not failed - I have just found 10,000 ways that won't work"- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Working...
            X