Please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please help

hi my is fiona, i'm 42 years old married with 3 teenage children. Have always loved a drink or two. Only in the evening with my hubby, 1 or two. My family and I have spent the last year working in Shanghai, China. My husband was away from us for a few months at a time. In this time I suspected he was cheating onme. Since we all returned to Australia, I have discovered he was many time, frombar girls to prostitues. We are trying to work through this, he has changed jobs and seems very committed to me and the kids. Lately I have begun drinking a couple of times a week during the day. He thinks I'm an alcoholic, I'm not sure.

Please help

Hi Fonia.
    Only you can say if you have a drinking problem. What do you think?
    You have a lot going on in your life right now. Take some deep breaths and decide how to best take care of yourself. (emotionally, mentally, and physically)
    Is there someone you can talk to there to help you out?

There is help here and support. This is a starting place for healing.
    Download the book, read it and start taking some of the supps and eating healthy. Drink plenty of water to flush out your body. Get some exercise every day in the fresh air.

Come here and post either in general or in one of the other threads. It helps to get it out and talk.

God bless you in your journey.
    NAncy:l
    PS. I post in Monthly abs and there are friendly helpful people there. Hope to hear from you soon.
    "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Please help

Welcome Fionab! Sounds like you have some challenging things going on in your life! I think many of us turned to the bottle when things became emotionally unbearable. I agree with Nancy..you are the only one that really knows if your drinking is a problem, of course it's the nature of addiction to be in denial about it at times, but if you've attempted to moderate or to quit and have been unsuccesful..that is an indication of having a drinking problem...call it what you will, but the name or label isn't as important as what you do about it..you'll find that there are plenty of people here to support you and have also been in your shoes. Good luck to you, I hope you find all that you need here! Nancy already noted the first steps...read the book, etc...and keep coming here and posting!

Comment

Please help

my opinion

I can not imagine the pain you are going through right now. It really doesn't matter whether you are an alcoholic or not--if you looked online for help--then it is a problem. Alcohol will numb your emotions to some degree at first--then it will intensify them, make them worse and prolong your agony as long as you use it to numb yourself. I suggest going to your doctor and telling her what is going on. I think that she can prescribe something that will help you more than alcohol ever will. Therapy also is a must. Going for help is much more admirable than drowning in alcohol. I believe alcoholism can be nutured along--it took many of us years to get that point. Stop it now and you will save yourself and your family a lot of misery.

Kim

Comment

Please help

Fiona-
          I sent you a private message yesterday, because I was concerned. I'm not sure if you know how to send a reply. If you don't, it's ok to post and just say you received it and that you're ok. We truly look out for one another here, and we would just like to hear how you're doing.
          Take care-
          Tumadre
          Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle.
          Plato

Comment

Working...
          X