X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today's Gift 11/29/2006

Today's thought is:

Change

A problem can ultimately bring us a gift.

We start our relationship in excitement, hope, and good feelings, with perhaps a measure of fear mixed in. Our history is yet to evolve. A beginning is more a time of romance than reality. But no lasting connection is built on a steady string of good times. Relationships deepen the way individuals do -- by meeting the hard times, not accepting defeat, and using difficulty to learn and grow. That is how a problem, something we do not want or choose in our lives, can ultimately bring us a gift.

One year the biggest problem a couple dealt with was illness, another year it was a financial pinch, and another year almost everything came easily. Each situation called for new responses from within, yet for the same spiritual attitude of living one day at a time. Looking back, they appreciate the richness of their lives together because they have risen above their problems, grown from them, and had many times of fun and pleasure. Their problems were hard but built their relationship.

You are reading from the book:

The More We Find In Each Other by Merle Fossum and Mavis Fossum

Today's Gift 11/29/2006

Janet...Thanks for sharing this. I didn't see it until tonight.
    I have been married to the same guy for over forty years and I can say this is true! It's like a patchwork quilt, pieced together but it all works .
    Nancy
    "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Today's Gift 11/29/2006

Thanks for bumping this back up, Nancy. I agree with all of it--both personally and in a relationship.
      AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Today's Gift 11/29/2006

Hi Janet..thanks for sharing this. Yes, I've come to accept that it is through relationships (my relationship with my husband specifically) that I (and he) grows...it's hard work because as we grow, we change..and we're never exactly on parallel paths. It gets so hard because I'm so committed to the growth, even when it seems so much easier to turn the other way..Men, you can live with em' and you can't live without em'...

Comment

Working...
        X