We need to drink more water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just hate drinking water. So I have started buying liquid lime in a plastic container, and putting it in my water bottle, lots of it. I have to admit, it's helping me drink more water.
    How much water are you all drinking?
    Meow-Meow
    MonaKitty

I'm with ya on the water thing......
    I go the soda water line...
    I like the bubbles
    :H

Comment

Hi! I drink alot of water! I drink about one to two gallons a day. But I was born with a receptor missing in my kidney, so if I don't drink I still keep going to the bathroom like I am drinking and I dehydrate. I also drink a gallon of iced tea, a tea kettle full of hot tea, and until recently 12-24 diet sodas (now I do three a day). Oh, and of course, two to three glasses of wine (now that I'm on the program).

I have some healthy suggestions for you, if you do not like water. The best alternative choice is tea. Tea is filled with antioxidents. More and more studies are showing that it has additional side benefits. It is made primarily from water and chemical free. Most doctors concur that a portion of water consumption should be in tea. Green tea is better than black pekoe, but both are beneficial. Be careful about herbal teas, as they are not necessarily "tea", but a combination of herbs placed in a "tea bag". They can have benefits also, but they do not constitute the type of tea that doctors are recommending as water replacement. Also, be careful not to drink too much tea. When I was young, before my soda days, I used to drink gallons of the stuff a day. One year, I just started losing weight and no one could figure out why. I got really thin and really sick. They found out that the tentanic acid in the tea was messing with my thyroid. But that is rare and I drink way more than the average bear!

If you drink the recommended six 8 oz. glasses of water a day and replace three to four of them with iced tea or hot tea, you will be in good shape.

Another beverage that is recommended is hot cocoa. It has wonderful antioxidants and milk. However, this should be limited to one a day, as it is somewhat caloric.

Another great option is to take seltzer water, a slcie of lime, and one packet of nutrasweet, put it in a goblet with ice -- very tasty.

So, if you do three teas (iced or hot),a seltzer, a cocoa, and one water, you'd make the recommended requirements AND get extra anti-oxidants.

Hope it helps,
      MM
      Saving the day one minute at a time!

Comment

Stollies, congatulations on you AF time, love the cute musical indicator!

MM, great information. I never thought about the tea issue,and would like to try it. Do you make your own tea, and if so how about a recipe?

Here in Arizona, we make sun tea. You put several tea bags in a jug, fill it with water, and leave it in the sun for several hours.

What brand of green tea do you recommend? But, tea has lots of caffeine, right?

I saw someone at dinner recently, reach into his pocket and pull out a vial with an eye dropper. He told me it was green tea extract, and he put several drops into his water glass. Does anyone know about this method?
        Meow-Meow
        MonaKitty

Comment

Hi, I do make my own tea because pre-made teas generally have chemicals. If you want pre-made tea and don't mind some calories, Arizona has an all natural canned green tea with ginseng and honey that is excellent. My son really likes it. I like it occasionally, but too many calories for the amount of tea I drink. A 23.5 oz. can would be 210 calories (70 calories per 8 oz.). I make mine by boiling one quart of filtered water, turn off heat, place 5 tea bags in water, let sit at least 15 minutes, pull out bags (do not squeeze bags as it will leave a bitter taste in the tea), poor into a pitcher, add another quart. I grow a lemon tree, so sometimes I will add fresh lemon. I make my tea weak, and I use no sweetener.

For me, the best tea is Lipton's naturally decaffeinated tea bags. Make sure if you get decaffeinated that it is natural. You would not believe some of the chemicals that go into decaffeinated teas and coffees if they are not naturally decaffeinated. I also like Lipton's green tea because it is not as bitter as some. In my opinion, it takes a while to get used to the flavor of green tea. To me the best green teas are the ones that combine with another flavor, like mint green tea, peach green tea, appricott green tea. Bigolow has a nice selection. If you want to drink it without an outside flavor, I would suggest slowing adapting by combining it with a regular tea bag.

Hope this helps.

MM

Comment

Yes MM, your post helps tremendously, and many thanks for sharing.

I am off to the market today, to get some tea, and will print out your directions.

I am looking forward to becoming a tea drinker.
            Meow-Meow
            MonaKitty

Comment

You are welcome. Glad it helps. I'll look forward to hearing how it works out for you.

I'm off to Capital Hill (DC) to work.

Hope you have fun at the market.

Fondly,
              MM

Comment

Zen Matcha for tea

Comment

Lucky, Zen Matcha is only available in three states. Unfortunately, my state of Arizona isn't one of them. You get all the good things living in California!
                  Meow-Meow
                  MonaKitty

Comment

Working...
                  X