Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thursday, November 30

Hi Everyone!

I'm up atypically early and so instead of writing the last post of the day, I'll write the first.

It's been quite a week here in Modsville. I cannot shake my feelings of sadness over our loss of Kanga and I wasn't even one of his sheilas (though he was my bloke). I wish that I could articulate it better but he had a gentle generosity of spirit even to those he didn't know well. It was important to him to make everyone feel welcome. I'm so sorry that those newest to this forum will miss out on his wit and poetry.

Gypsi and Soccerman Mary, hope you're holding up ok. You're in my thoughts every day. MKR Mary, how's your kitty? One of my precious cats is wandering around my desk as I write. She particularly loves to walk on the keyboard when I'm typing so if ever I write anything particularly bizarre just remember about my cat.

Lushy, you've been on my mind a lot. I wish that I could give you a hug!:l

Becca, I'm always so impressed by your commitment to exercise. Out of my several moderation goals that I made at the beginning of the month, I've met only two and one of them was to exercise three hours each week. You inspire me!

Waves, Judie, Rachele, Lucky, Pansy, Jenneh, Hawk, Pinkmilk, Tumadre, Tui, Mike, Mack, Ivy, Monica, Preciouspinot, Beth, Allie and everyone else I'm missing, I wish you a joyous day.

Mojo, I am going to have to call the missing persons bureau if you don't show up soon! I'm concerned about you.

Things have been a bit difficult on my end. My own little family is fine but now I'm really worried about my father-in-law. He has outlived his doctors' predictions and his quality of life is reasonably good--especially for an old guy who just moved across the country. However, he is either depressed or he is slipping into dementia. Usually, he calms down when he and I can spend time together--I've often thought that I replaced his beloved sister who died in the Holocaust. I've must go see him even though being away from work is going to be particularly difficult at this time of year.

MLK Mary, thanks for inquiring about how I'm feeling. I'm actually doing a little bit better in terms of my breathing. Having the organization expert go through my husband's vast library and cull out duplicate books is helping. I'm grateful that my husband is cooperating with this.

Anyway, I must now go rouse the family.

My love to all, including those I haven't mentioned.

:heart: E

Thursday, November 30

Good Morning everybody. Eustacia, it sounds like your schedule is very hectic! I hope it calms down for you! I will be thinking about you.

Well, the anniversary day was a dream, but I cannot believe how much I ate!!! I usually avoid starchy carbs as they go straight to my hips. But yesterday, I had a field day; a half of loaf of seven grain bread, mashed potatoes, yams (which are actually good for you as opposed to sweet potatoes), peas and corn (both high on the glycemic index), and 4 miniature anniversary cup cakes!! I also had a little "good stuff", like turkey and pecans. I drank, but kept to my "stay in control" rule. It worked very well. Our son was so cute. He took his allowance and bought us Chinese for dinner (his favorite). He was very shy about accepting when we asked him to join us for dinner. I was amazed when I found out this morning that I had gained NO weight yesterday!! My body must have been starving for carbs (new research says that these foods should be enjoyed, but not often -- well I probably got my whole year's supply yesterday. My husband showered me with gifts. It was really great!

Back to reality today. I'm do on Capital Hill this morning, conference this afternoon on the new radio show that I start hosting tomorrow, and a friend is taking me out to dinner as a belated birthday.

Hope everyone has a great day!!!
    MM
    Saving the day one minute at a time!

Comment

Thursday, November 30

Good morning, Eustacia and Mighty Mouse! Thank you both for the kind words yesterday. You are all helping me to be an even better person, ...physically and mentally, than I was before I found you, and for that, I cannot thank you enough!!!:h :l
      E: hope your father in law hangs in there. Outlived his predictions, huh?? He must be a strong man. Interesting what you say about his sister. That's wonderful that he finds comfort in you. I can certainly see how you would be extremely comforting!
      MM: good job last night with the drinking, and glad to see you are feeling better. I always feel worse about a booze splurge than a food one!

Gotta go quick this morning. PT at 9am. I DID follow my morning commitments yesterday which were no drinking and hit the gym. check and double check! feels good. I don't know why I'm so grouchy still though........

Coffee-time Commitment
      -one more alcohol free day today. (I'm getting antsy, so going to take it one day at a time!) Thursdays are often drinking days for me, so one goal today is enough! I want 1 more 0 on that tracker to finish off the month!

I'll try to get back to everyone later!

OH! 2 cute kid things before I go:
      -Son #1 brought home a spelling test. He only got 1 word incorrect. He was to spell "barefoot" he wrote
      b-e-a-r-f-o-o-t. :H . Now how can that be wrong?? ha ha! bears have feet!! Too cute.
      -Son #2 learned to tie his OWN SHOES yesterday!!! whoo hooo!! He was SO proud of himself, and I am proud of him too. The little stinker.

Ok, don't want to be late. Bye!

Comment

Thursday, November 30

Good Morning Muffin Men and Women,

E, I'm with you in your feelings about our dear "Kanga" it has been a very sad week. Tawny has posted the meeting time in his memory and I am very sad that I won't be able to join the family in the memorial because I have to work. I am hoping that if any one of you are going to be there, that you will please send my love:h .

Happy Anniversary Mighty Mouse! I also want to thank you for taking the time to answer my questions over in "sharing faith and healing."

Becca, congratulations on yesterday! Kids are too cute, my 6 year old just learned to tie her shoes too. It's sort of sad in a way to me because it's my last child that will do all the "firsts"

We went to see Santa last night at the mall. There was no line to wait in which was great! We got some really good pictures with the kids and then my 6 year old got to spend some time alone with Santa. She looked over her list with him. It just brought tears to my eyes because I know that next year she will be seven and she might learn the truth by then. This was the best Santa ever, he really took time with her to talk with her about her list. He looked in her eyes and engaged her like no other Santa has ever done. It was just really spacial. I'm such a sap as I get older:upset:

Macks, Becca, Preciouspinot, Mojo, Tawny, Lush, Mary Anne, MKR Mary, Soccer Mom Mary, Jenneh, Laura, Judie, Gypsi, Fsophiah, Allie, Mary8305, Eustacia, Hundi, Waves, Trish, Dilayne, Pinkmilk, Mike, Brian, Tumadre, Mighty Mouse II, Cheeks, Lilyluvr56 , GermanBrewer, WaitingtoExhale, Bak310,TracyA, Tinkerbell, Skootimom, PaulaW, Hawk, and Pedro (Did I miss anyone?)
        I love you all!
        :h :h :h :h

Comment

Thursday, November 30

Hiya chaps and chapesess,,

Just a flying visit for now..Been really busy the last couple of days christmas shopping....Its never ending....Dont women go crazy in the shops at christmas...I've been knocked from pillar to post today...I wouldnt of been surprised if one of them bit me or headbutted me or something....

We are putting up the ol tree tonight and decorations...I think i'm more excited than the kids...

Be back later for a proper read and catch-up...

Have a great day all..love Macks:l
          I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
          One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Thursday, November 30

I hate lizzie mouse.

Comment

Thursday, November 30

Hi everyone -

Busy day here so unfortunately no time to post but I do hope everyone has a good one. Haave to head out of town today and hope to be back for Kanga but timing is an issue.

Coffee Time Commitment - AF today.
              Back later!
              Hawk

Comment

Thursday, November 30

I hear you Lucky. I was appalled by the recent additions to the "Kanga is gone" thread on the General Board but I am trying not to let it get me down. We have to try not to let these small minds and negative people bring down our remembrance of someone so dear to us.
                Bec - your kids sound so cute! OMG - I can picture that "bearfoot" - sounds right to me! Good job on meeting your goals!!
                Fan - you are not slow, for goodness sakes, though I am sure you can handle yourself with the zippers :0
                Luschy - hope yuou are having a great morning, my dear friend.
                E - Always such a kind, articulate soul. I am sorry things are hard right now. But you do what you have to do and spend time with your FIL. I think its touching that you have that "like his sister" relationship with him - what a gift you are. Truly.
                Hawk - sorry to hear things aer hectic - hope you can make it to the Kanga time...
                Macks - hang in there. People can get a little nuts at Christimas. Thats why I often leave my shopping to the day or 2 before. LOL - does that make it any less insane? NO! OF COURSE NOT, but I have always done well under pressure...and it puts it off as long as possible
                Rachele - you know you can count on us to send your love to Kanga.
                MM - great to hear you are in good spirits today - sounds like you had a fabulous day yesterday and that you have such a loving and caring family.

Anyone I missed - dont be offended - I only had time to reply to the people who already posted today - but you are all in my thoughts!
                LOVE YOU ALL!
                Jen
                Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Thursday, November 30

Hi to everyone!!! I'm really starting to feel the Christmas spirit these days...our tree is up and xmas scented candles buring in the house and on my desk. I have a crazy buzy day today with work and tomorrow night I'm throwing a "Social" for my daughter's school which is a dinner party for 60 people. I'm doing "A Night at the Improv" and have hired a hostess and two comedians. It should be a lot of fun but, I still have alot of preparation to attend to.

Love you guys!! Check back in later!
                  Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

Thursday, November 30

Hi to everyone!
                    E- sorry you FIL is having such health issues. So glad he has you!

Wish I had more time right now. I have been unbelievably busy today and am having panicky thoughts as to how I will EVER handle school full time when I have days like this! Actually days like this are pretty normal.... Just so many things to do every day and I am not even working right now.

The Kanga thing has caused everything to move in slow motion for me as well, and I'm up and down with my emotions with my Mom too, so I think it made it all the harder. I spent all day with her yesterday and found myself wiping tears on more than one occasion when she turned her back. But we had a really fun day together overall, but her strength is really low and she seems so frail. I took her to do some errands she needed and then we happened to see what looked like an awesome "estate sale furniture consignment" place, and we both looked at each other at the same time and cracked up! Great minds think alike....
                    So anyway, we pulled in and boy was this place incredible. Almost sorry I found it. I was expecting the prices to be ridiculous, but they were awesome. Anyhow, my Mom has a very artistic eye and can spot something that I would pass by and never notice that is a real treasure. She spotted this incredible oil painting that I had passed right by. She asked me to come back and look at it. It was not that big, but it was a painting of a peacock. The detail in the feathers was so incredible. The background scenery... its just hard to describe. (she is an artist, so she knows this stuff). Then the frame was so beautiful. She said the frame alone was worth several hundred dollars. It was very heavy, ornate and detailed gold. So we looked at the price and they were only asking $125.00! We couldnt believe it! Well -- as good as a price as it was, I wasnt going to spend that much money on a home decoration item without talking to my husband first, so my Mom asked me if my husband likes peacocks? Then she proceeded to say that is rhymed with something that was REALLY funny but I cant say it here because it has something to do a nickname that our whole family has for my husband and we started laughing so hard in the store. All the sudden, I just KNEW I HAD to have this painting. I didnt buy it yesterday, but I couldnt stop thinking about it all day. I told my husband about it last night, and he literally got tears in his eyes. He said that if something ever happened to my Mom, that it would be a painting that would always make me smile, and that on top of that, it sounded incredibly beautifu. So he gave me the money for it. So that's where I am headed right now.... to buy the peacock painting!! (It better still be there!)

My plan for today is to enjoy all of today's moments, even if some of them make me cry, because many wil make me smile too. And not entertain any thoughts of numbing what is uncomfortable.

Thinking of all of you... what time is the memorial for Kanga? I have not had time to read any of the other boards.

Love to everyone....
                    Allie
                    What happens in Vegas goes straight to Ohio....

Comment

Thursday, November 30

Allie, what a great story. I really hope the painting is there. What a special memory you will have every time you look at it. Your mom sure is a trooper for being as tired as she is.

I, too, am feeling very thankful today because I had a near disaster happen that could have cost us our house. It is a reminder to ALWAYS unplug small appliances when you are not using them. For reasons too long to detail I was completely out of my routine this morning and I took a shower during a time I normally never would because I would be working. I got out of the shower, smelled something funny and realized my hair dryer was smoking. As I went to unplug it it literally BURST, and I mean exploded, into flames on my wooden countertop. If I would not have been in the bathroom at that particular moment I would have been in my office downstairs, with the door closed to keep the heat in, and I would have not smelled a fire upstairs for a long time. Yes, we have smoke detectors but JUST THIS WEEK the batteries all died at the same time and with the snow here I have not been able to go get new batteries. I am still very shaken to think how bad it could have been. I have to believe someone, i.e., guardian angel, sent me up there at that time to be there. I then called a friend of mine and she told me that a neighbor down the road just lost their entire house to a fire last month from their toaster catching on fire when they were not home. Lesson learned and man I am grateful, grateful, grateful. So please everyone unplug your small appliances when not using them.

I will not be able to be at the Kanga's memorial either but he will be in my thoughts, as will all of you that are there. Please send my best wishes to all as well.

E, is your FIL able to talk on the phone so you two can keep a connection going? I am so sorry for both of your sakes that he had to move away. You are in my thoughts and I am glad you checked in with us today.

Sorry, can't say hello to each of you, gotta get to work. Group hug!!!
                      I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Thursday, November 30

Hi everyone,
                        Lusch, I am so glad that you were called upstairs in time. It's not only us that loves you!

Allie, your posts are always so meaningful. I think of you often. You must let us know if the peacock picture was there waiting for you.

Eustacia, I am glad your breathing is better at the moment. I pray it continues to improve.

Gypsi, hope you are staying strong.

SM glad things are improving for you.

Becca, you are doing so well with the exercise front. It is so easy to not do it when you have an injury. Well done.

Jenneh, it has been a very hard week this week. Thanks for all your posts. They have made a difference.

Precious, glad you're feeling better, hope the social goes well tomorrow.

Rachele, I hope you get what you asked for from Santa.

Fan, You too have brought a lot of thought, care and light to these boards.

This week has made me realise even more than ever how lucky we are to have RJ and this board and each other.

Love to all as always

Love Waves x

Macks( Wild Christmas women!!!), Mojo,( missing you) Tawny(:l ), Mary Anne, MKR Mary ( hope Kitty is ok), Laura, Judie, Fsophiah, Mary8305, Trish, Dilayne, Tumadre, MM( glad the 26th went well), Bak310, Tink( hope you're staying positive), PaulaW ( don't know how to post pics-sorry), Hawk( love the avatar) and anyone else I've not mentioned, hope you are well.
                        Enough is enough

Comment

Thursday, November 30

Good afternoon-
                          I'm really enjoying reading all the old Kanga threads and watching as the new ones unfold. Looking forward to honoring him today at 4:00 pm my time, but pretty nervous about actually honoring him by going AF today-I haven't been AF in 2 years, so this will be Day #1...
                          TO KANGA:wings: :thankyou:

Allie-No words. You know exactly how special this time with your Mom is. Please tell me the painting was still there?
                          Lush! Someone was looking out for you!!! I'm so glad you're OK!
                          PP-That sounds like so much fun, and a lot of work-can you tell us about it later? Are you actually going to improv, or the comedians?
                          Imagine-Even though my kids are older, I can still remember that feeling of "This may be the last Christmas"...kinda sad, but very special, and a great Santa!
                          E-I can see you just sitting with you father-in-law, taking a quiet moment out of your hectic life (even though it takes so much time and effort to get there), and just being there
                          with him-I'll bet you receive just as much from him as he does from you, even if it's just a few moments of Grace.
                          MM-Sounds like a wonderful, carb-filled anniversary!
                          Mike-I'm just hearing zippers...
                          Becca-Luna bars rule!
                          Lucky & Jenneh & Macks-Be well & hope today is peace-filled
                          To all of you & others, a warm day and love-
                          Tumadre
                          P.S. Tiny Rant: IT'S TOO EARLY FOR CHRISTMAS. ok, done.
                          Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle.
                          Plato

Comment

Thursday, November 30

Allie, great story about the painting! I STILL have something I need to send to her. Waiting for something else... it's a long story. You'll understand once it comes.

Mike, I'm surprised that with the shoe tying difficulties you haven't had more zipper mishaps... you must be VERY careful.

iia Brian....miss you posting! Get yourself over here! I know, I know...just harrassing you publicly. with love, of course!

I'm not meeting my AF goal today. Husband and I have not been on great terms lately. Just not "connecting". Several factors. Ever since San Fransisco. A lot is my emotional garbage.
                            ANYHOW, he asked for a "date night" tonight, and I was thinking the same thing. You know, "date night" wink wink. We don't actually GO anywhere, but we are going to cook together a nice greek fish dish, drink wine, and "enjoy each other's company". (that's code for s-e-x) Hey, you guys already know the inner workings of my mind... I had to be honest with this one!
                            So we are having a date, and I will be honoring Kanga tomorrow in the AF day, even though we have this giant party night planned with my sister and brother in law. Kanga is worth the respect.

Comment

Thursday, November 30

ps: Lush, that is scary! I always leave my stuff plugged in. Hubby thinks I'm trying to electrocute him...
                              I'll be more careful. thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X