Does Campral have to build up....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does Campral have to sort of "build up" in your system before it takes effect? It doesn't seem to be doing anything for my cravings. :thanks:
    Tomorrow I get to wake up and not feel guilty. :yay:

LtLM wrote: Does Campral have to sort of "build up" in your system before it takes effect? It doesn't seem to be doing anything for my cravings. :thanks:
    I'm getting a Rx for Campral tomorrow and would like to know the same thing!
    Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Comment

when I took campral a while ago it started working within a few days.

Comment

Campral started working really well for me in a couple of days too. It takes the physical cravings away. But, the mental habit is what gets me. It's such a great medication thought, because it has so few side effects. I had no side effects, and this is good, because I tend to be drug sensitive.
        Meow-Meow
        MonaKitty

Comment

Here's how Campral works for me. Don't drink for five days. Start the Campral. After five more days the drug is at full effect and works great for mental, physical, whatever kinds of cravings. Have one drink and BAM, it is not effective. But you should start taking it again after a slip and it will become effective.

Comment

I have been on Campral a few times this year. It takes 4-5 days to works and it works really well. The longer you stay on it the better it seems to work. I could watch a beer commercial and I didn't have any desire for one at all! Drink on it and you'll just go right back to the way you usually drink within time.

Comment

Here are 2 links with good Campral info:

Acamprosate (Campral): Medication for Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism Treatment

Campral: Strengthens the will to say no

Comment

Working...
              X