Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just starting out am scared

hi
    i have decided that i need a change in my life after drinking for 15 years am fed up with drinking myself into a stupor every night to forget the past i was abused as a child married at 18 divoreced at 21 and then i met the man in my life who introduced drink to me i feel as through i havent lived for all this time i know that i will find in hard because i
    have no family or close friends to support me check
    could you people out there help me become a better person because i hate being me

Hi Holly

Stick with us.

I promise you we will stick with you as long as you need us.

Check out the book - I saw myself so many times I was touched to the core.

Hang in.

Helen

Comment

Hi Holly:

Welcome. I am fairly new as well. Besides my husband, I do not have any close family members either, and my friends (even the close ones) do not know I had been drinking to excess. I still haven't the courage to fess up, and to be honest I am not sure I ever will. I think you will find that you have come to very compassionate and supportive community.

Comment

thankyou for your message of support i feel that i will need alot of support in the following few months or years as this is a very big step for me to take in my life this isnt ging to be easy because my partner still drinks he binge drinks at the weekends and he isnt very nice under the influence that is why i have
        decided to pack it in i have noiticed just how silly people are and how nasty they are as well there personalites change so does mine

Comment

Working...
        X