Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stretching

Hi all

I have been doing a lot of exercise lately and I have to admit, I am pretty lax on my stretching. I really felt it for the past two days after football - not just sore but really stiff.

Anyone have any advice on stretching, dvds etc? Ideally i would like a short routine or dvd 15 mins to 30 mins that I can do a couple of times a week to keep these pains at bay.

l x
    'Breakfast, every hour, it could save the world.' Tori Amos

"Turn a stumbling block into a stepping stone."

AF since 23rd December 2010 - progession is paramount! :truce:

"don't be sad because it's over, smile because it happened!"

Stretching

Hi Cassia--I don't know about any dvd's but I do know that stretching immediately before the even is important. Crucial as you age, I might add. I've played baseball for years, not a highly competitive league, although some have their issues. I found I was pulling more hamstrings that could take weeks to heal as the years went on, so adopted the policy of stretching before every game(which was only once a week). If I remember correctly, you are doing yoga these days which should be great stretching exercises. There are probably some basic stretches relevant to your game you could find on the net. Go you!!!

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Stretching

:welcome: Carver,

How's business as a :spam:
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Stretching

Good luck with that, Jack.

Comment

Stretching

Any of the Collins series of yoga books (tiny little pocket books) are excellent for learning stretches so yoga DVDs would work well too I'd imagine. All the stretches that I learned from resistance training work out preparation books (several of them) are pretty much covered in slightly different variations within yoga.

Comment

Working...
          X