X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday December 1

Good morning Absville,

Today is AF in memory of our Kanga.

I hope you have a good one and check in here to let us know how it is going.

:h Nancy AF
    "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Friday December 1

Hiya All,
    Just wanted to pop in and say hello....I hope everyones ok...Love Macks:l
    I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
    One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Friday December 1

Good Morning-
      I thought about this Kanga AF day first thing this morning. Yes- I will certainly be af today.

I also thought about Mike freezing himself up there in Alaska....heard on the news it was 30 below! Mike...you ok? Should we send firewood? Stay warm...at least the fingers so you can use the keyboard.

I don't want to go to the gym this morning (took today off from work) but now I'm dressed for it so I guess I will go anyway. I'm bringing my new bathingsuit though cause part of today's workout is sitting in the hot tub!

I hope you are all well. Thanks Nancy for starting today's post...thank you thank you
      And good morning to you Macks - you were up late and now up early!! guess you are accustomed to little sleep with all the little ones at your house

Ok...no more stalling here. Going to the gym.
      Have a wonderful Friday everyone.
      Lisa

Comment

Friday December 1

Good Morning All:

Another AF day. This one for Kanga.

If I can stop one heart from breaking,
        I shall not live in vain;
        If I can ease one life the aching,
        Or cool one pain,
        Or help one fainting robin
        Unto his nest again,
        I shall not live in vain.

-Emily Dickenson

Hope everyone has a great day.

-Kim

Comment

Friday December 1

Thanks for starting the thread, Nancy. Yes, this day is for the Roo. What a week.....I've been rendered fairly speechless for the most part, a rare state for me.

Also I am scared right now. I've been on half my dose of topa for the last several days, because my psychiatrist has not returned my calls for a refill or another appointment. I'm not sure what is up with him--whether he is out of town or what. The cravings returned big time, and I did cave yesterday and drank. Not just a glass, but a bottle of wine. I saved enough to have my regular dose today so I could make it through Kanga day. But that is it--out of topa! :eeks: I have had the pharmacy fax him, too, so I am just praying that a prescription will be there for me later this afternoon.:crossed: I'm glad that I have a BIG bottle of l-glutamine, because I think I will be putting it to use.

I don't want to blame it all on topa, though, or my shrink for that matter. Part of me is thinking that I can also recommit and try to brazen it through with just the supplements and stuff as well as a fair dose of support and commitment....

Thanks for listening.

Hugs to all,

Kathy:l

AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Friday December 1

Hi again!

You know what? I think I might go to the gym also if they just let me site in the hot tub!! Good job, Lisa!!!!!

Kathy......don't you have to taper off topa? I'm concerned about you....

Hi Macks...hug those sweet children!

Kim...thanks for the poem. It is fitting for Kanga. I think he was a pretty happy guy....had to be.....it was all over his personality.

Here is something I read today that reminded me of him.
            :h to all who come here...post or no!

"The unselfish effort to bring cheer to others will be the beginning of a happier life for ourselves." - Helen Keller

Nancy
            "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Friday December 1

My life is in a state of constant change
              Awareness allows me to keep pace with that change
              Today let me listen to my words and watch my actions
              Only by knowing the person I am can I create the person I want to become

Today I will not drink
              Nov 1 2006 avg 100 - 120 drinks/week
              April 29 2011 TSM avg 70 - 80/wk
              wks* 1- 6: 256/1AF (avg 42.6/wk)
              wks* 7-12: 229/3AF (avg 38.1/wk)
              wks 13-18: 192/5AF (avg 32.0/wk)
              wks 19-24: 176/1AF (avg 29.3/wk)
              wks 25-30: 154/10AF (avg 25.6/wk)
              wks 31-36: 30/37AF (avg 5/wk )

I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday.
              http://www.thesinclairmethod.net/community/

Comment

Friday December 1

Woo What a Week

Hey there, I wanted to come here and post sooner but I've been swamped at work. I had to stop long enough to check in and let you all know that I am good and that I am not going to drink today.

I'm feeling a little uncomfortable, last time I drank was Monday night so this is like day 4, and I'm feeling just good enough to make myself feel bad again... You know that crazy cycle? Well I'm breaking that mug today! I'm going to the gym and do my 5:30 running class. Then I'm baby sitting. I give myself permission to do anything but drink today.

I'll be on posting this weekend, you can believe that!

Comment

Friday December 1

Hi to everyone again. It's good to see some new faces here.

I just wanted to pop in to say that everything is okay. My shrink called me this morning and left a message saying that until I left him the message last night, he wasn't aware that I was so low on the topa, and that he had called in a script for me. I picked it up this afternoon. Phew! He said he has been extraordinarily busy and won't be able to call me until next week to set up an appointment.

Anyway, I'm okay--just wanted to let you know.

Comment

Friday December 1

Kathy, i just read this now.....You, and one or two others are possibly my biggest inspiration here.....When i see you or them having a hard time it shocks me.....You seem so unmovable.....Im so glad you are having a easier time of it now...

Also Nancy...you are such a foundation round here....you are one of the ones i mentioned...You are both rocks...and have my upmost respect...

I love reading what your upto....Think i got the Absville blues???
                    I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
                    One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Friday December 1

I forgot to say Hi!! to Janet--so Hi, Janet! It's nice to see you around again.

Macks, are you missing us?? I'm sure missing you! I'm not unmovable at all--I think you've been looking up so much you just haven't noticed that my feet are made of clay just like everyone else's!

Nancy is like a rock to me! I love her Christmas post! Did ANYONE vote for Eggnog? (Gag!)

I read elsewhere that you did get your workout done, Lisa! Good job!

I don't know you yet, Kizzie Cat, but it's nice to see you here. You were on chat last night, I think, but I don't think you got the attention you deserved, most likely.

Hi to you, too, Katie! Welcome!

There's been a lot going on in my personal life that has impacted me, besides the sadness of losing the Kanga here at MWO. The first anniversary of my former MIL's death was on Tuesday, and she was devoted to my daughter and me. My sister has been in New York, as my other sister has been very depressed. To top it off, one of my kitties has been ill, although it looks like she is now on the mend. So with all of that, the anxiety of possibly running out of topa and being on a lower dose was just a bit too much. It's a relief to have the topa back in hand. Onward and upward. I've just gotta get moving again. I feel like it's just been so hard to keep moving this week, other than to go to work and keep up with the basics. Has anyone else felt that way?

Anyway, that's all for now. Hope everyone has a good rest of today and a great weekend. I'm glad my sister is coming home on Sunday.

Hugs,

Comment

Friday December 1

good evening all!!!!!
                        Late post again but AF today (thanks Kanga took out any doubt for me)

I really really struggled yesterday. We are re-doing the kitchen and had to go to the newly renovated kitchen appliance showroom; something I would normally look foward to. Well....it was a shrine to wine!!!!!! the whole 10,000 sq. foot showroom was filled with wine displays. Cases were displayed in the fridges so that every time you opened a fridge you discovered that it was full of wine bottles. And they were filled with real wine;believe me I asked. I came home not thinking about what we looked at but at all the wine and different glasses that the wine was displayed in. I was really distressed me because I have to go back to this place at least several more times. It made me think about the importance of it(wine) in my life and it was not (at least for those two hours) comforting.
                        I did not drink though so that's what's important. I'm reading Alan Carr's book The Easy Way to Quit Drinking. Mike (up north) talked about it quite a bit and so far so good.

Nancy,I must think about my Christmas favorites as I love that post. And Lisa,I don't know if you have noticed the change in yourself but your posts are so confident. What a transformation in one month!!!!Great job!!!!
                        Phone is ringing.... have a great Fri evening......for sure will be back on Sat
                        Janet

Comment

Friday December 1

Hello
                          I'm new here and thought i would post here because i want to stop drinking.

I have cut down from sunday when I drank 4 bottles of wine, to today when I have drunk 2 bottles ( but that is from 11am to 3am ).

I just wanted to say hello. I have been on the newcomers thread, but hope to come over here soon.

Cait

Comment

Friday December 1

Wow- so much going on here today. Happy there are newcomers too. Hi Katie and Kiizziecat Kim.
                            AtlantaJJ- I like that you said - you would let yourself do anything today except drink. That just clicks with me so I'm going to just hold on to that one.

Kathy - I am soooo glad you heard from your dr and you are feeling better about things now - and glad kitty is getting better too.
                            Nancy - you made me laugh with the hot tub - but I do love a hot tub. But I made sure I earned it with working out first. I'm getting back to that book now. I think I was trying not to think about anything for a little while - if that makes sense. A bit in denial of there being any problem. Guess I can survive eh?

Janet- I think I know exactly what you are talking about with the wine displays. Why does it always look so great? I used to love looking at wine glasses and displays...now I try hard to avoid it. Don't think you had an opportunity to avoid that today though! My other method is to get mad about it. Good luck when you have to go back.
                            And thanks so much for your comment. You have no idea how much that means to me. I've been doing lots of work on me this month and I was starting to get tired and wane just a little so that was well timed!

And Caitlin I'm very glad you are here. Please join here anytime. Makng progress....this takes some time.

Night all :l
                            Lisa

Comment

Friday December 1

Hi, I would like to join you all in Absville this month.

I've been on and off the MYO program for near a year now, and I want to get serious. The rest of my nightly "moderation" bottle of wine is down the drain, with no delusion that I can handle it.

I'm titrating up to to 125mg Topa this week and hope to level off at 200mg. Renewing expired membership at the gym, and I'm returning to the hypno cds.

What was I thinking?! And I think of myself as a thinker!

Capto

Comment

Working...
                              X