Merry Christmas !!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Merry Christmas !!!!

Yes I know it's still three weeks to go to Christmas but this Bad Ass Cat of mine has gone and decked herself out in all her Christmas glory and she wouldn't give me any peace until I put her picture up for all to see.

Mind you she still looks a miserable old devil but she may put on a smile for Christmas day.

Love to all,
    Louise xxx
    A F F L..
    Alcohol Free For Life

Merry Christmas !!!!

Hi Irishlady!

Of all the avatars on this forum, I have to say I always liked yours the best. That kitty cat with the morning hair and expression always makes me chuckle, no matter how many times I see it.

I may go to the pet store, and try to find some reindeer antlers for Petey dog. He is still just a goofy puppy, and he has still not been in an avatar.

Katie dog is the little black one in my avatar, and she is a little older and more mature than Petey. They are both stray dogs I rescued. I don't think she would stand for little reindeer antlers though, but Petey is just such a fool. Maybe sometime next week when I go back to town for work.

Neil

Comment

Merry Christmas !!!!

Louise your bad ass kitty is wonderful! So glad to see she's getting into the holiday spirit!

And Neil I would love to see what Petey dog looks like. Funny how some of them put up with anything and others just won't have it.

Speaking of Christmas. Well I have mentioned before that I am going home to Memphis to see my mom and my sister for 10 days, and that they drink, and I was having some anxiety about the situation. I didn't want to tell them I had quit drinking until I had a little time under my belt because I wanted to feel strong when I told them.... I mean, I've done this before and they know it, so I didn't want to be like the boy who cried wolf, ya know? I wanted them to understand that this time, things are different. I wanted to make sure they understand that this time, no matter what, I am not going to drink. And if it looks like I might -- REMIND ME THAT I SAID THIS.

So I wrote a letter to them and a few days ago, emailed it to my sister. Here's part of what she wrote back:
      "I am very proud of you. You are coming to visit during the holidays where most
      people think it's ok to have some drinks...and it is...but if you are trying to
      overcome drinking completely you can't drink on holidays. I will do whatever I
      must to make it easy for you to enjoy the holidays without drinking. I love you
      and I will help you in any way I can."
      I must say that I was touched and surprised by her response, and am feeling a little less anxious about the visit. Next stop: Mom.

~ Mike
      "Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance." -- Samuel Johnson (1709 - 1784)

Comment

Merry Christmas !!!!

Hi Mike- kinda jumping in and read your post. That has to make you feel great. Sometimes our family surprises us in a "good way". So happy for you. Have a great time and say hello to Elvis for me.

Lisa

Comment

Merry Christmas !!!!

ELVIS?.....................
          ELVIS IS GOING TO BE AT MIKES HOUSE?

I'LL BE THERE OR BE SQUARE!
          Mike Honey, do you need some help packing?

:h :h nancy:h :h
          "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Working...
          X