topamax-shortness of breath

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi...I have been taking topamax for 3 weeks and am currently taking 50 mg a day. I am bipolar so I am aslo taking wellbutrin and lamictal and have been stable for about a year. For about two weeks, I have noticed a shortness of breath, like I constantly feel like I have to yawn, but can't quite get the "yawn." It seems like I am always trying to take a deep breath in. I have tried meditating and exercising and taking deep breaths and that hasn't helped. I also have trouble sleeping and feel like my heart is beating out of control sometimes at night. I am 29 and in average shape.

I went back and read in the book Roberta's book about a new side affect where you have rapid breathing and irregular heartbeat as a result of a loss of electrolytes. I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced these symptoms and if you do have them, does that mean you need to stop taking the topamax?

Thanks,
    Jen

gajen77 wrote: Hi...I have been taking topamax for 3 weeks and am currently taking 50 mg a day. I am bipolar so I am aslo taking wellbutrin and lamictal and have been stable for about a year. For about two weeks, I have noticed a shortness of breath, like I constantly feel like I have to yawn, but can't quite get the "yawn." It seems like I am always trying to take a deep breath in. I have tried meditating and exercising and taking deep breaths and that hasn't helped. I also have trouble sleeping and feel like my heart is beating out of control sometimes at night. I am 29 and in average shape.

I went back and read in the book Roberta's book about a new side affect where you have rapid breathing and irregular heartbeat as a result of a loss of electrolytes. I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced these symptoms and if you do have them, does that mean you need to stop taking the topamax?

Thanks,
    Jen
    I'd go see your doctor, you don't want to be fooling around with mixing so many meds.

Comment

I just wanted to say that my psych prescribed the topamax and he said it shouldn't interact with the other meds, but I have an appointment with him on Tuesday and of course I will bring this up. I am very diligent about monitoring my situation since I know what can result from being bipolar. I was just wondering if anyone had noticed this side effect. Thanks!

Jen

Comment

Topamax

Jen, yes, others have noted this side effect. I'm glad to know you'll be talking to your doc about it.

RJ
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Help keep our forum strong--make a contribution to My Way Out. Or show your support by becoming a Subscriber and enjoy enhanced features, as well!

Comment

"ScoobyDoo123" seems to be the pattern for the Spammers.
          I'm not computer program savvy, and I don't remember when I signed up if there was some type of "human validation" that the person signing in is truly a person...

I know at one site I'm a member of, the first post submitted by the person is not published right away, but sent to a moderator for their review before publishing. This is done not to edit the person's remarks, but to ensure that it is not spam.

Just a thought.

In the meantime, I do find silly humor in these stupid spams... after all, who wouldn't want "environmentally friend disney world rayban women underwear"?

Hugs! :l
          "God didn't give you the Strength to get back on your feet
          so that you can run back to the same thing that knocked you down."
          :hug:

Comment

I do love a strong cowboy :H

Comment

:H Although I have to say, I like that other recent spammer better. A website to look at gay penguins? If I weren't too afraid of downloading a virus, I would definitely check that out, just out of curiosity.

Comment

Working...
              X