Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunday Dec. 3

Good morning Absville,

I hope everyone found a nice surprize under your keyboard! I only found dustbunnies! Don't feel sorry for me though........they're kinda cute....and.....they made me sneeze.....ahhhhh choooooo wheeeeee!
    If you don't get it ...Go read Kathy's post here from last night and then the funniest joke thread .Thanks Barb! Priceless!
    Hope you all have a good Sunday. Hubby says we're going to trim (cut) our pear tree. Oh boy what fun!! Maybe we'll find a partridge in that pear tree!

I think I'll go back to bed for now...Pass the pepper please!
    :h Nancy
    "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Sunday Dec. 3

Good morning All,

I just found a whole lot of dust under my keyboard, but what I don't find anymore, and I certainly don't miss is to sit down at my desk in the morning only to find my keyboard covered in sticky dried wine from the night before........oh happy days......oooh I think not .

Love to you all,
    Louise xxx
    A F F L..
    Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

Sunday Dec. 3

Good Sunday morning All,

Nothing but crumbs under my computer! I'm using a laptop on the kitchen table, as my "big" computer is in the shop.

I'm on AF day 6, and feeling good although extreemly exhausted every night. Last night, and the night before, I had the worst panic attacks after just falling asleep. Friday night it was so scary. About a half an hour after I fell asleep, I startled awake, flew out of bed with a racing heart, feeling like I was dying or going to pass out. It happened 3 times Friday night, and once last night. What in the world is going on here? I'm taking Zoloft for PMDD (the REALLY bad PMS), and have no panic attacks during the day. Has anyone else had this experience?

Hope you all have a great Sunday. Thank you for being here, and sharing your stories. My appreciation for the support of the great people on these boards is beyond words.

Grace

Comment

Sunday Dec. 3

Good Morning All,

Day 2 for me.

I did manage to do a 3 mile walk yesterday--I'm 67; when my wife asked me why, I said, "I wanted to do it while I still I still could."

I Sweated out the vulnerable hour with a homemade brew of 1/3 orange juice, 1/3 Recharge (from my grandson's last visit in July), and 1/3 Green Tea. RETCH! Now, if anything will drive you to drink, that will. Got to get to the grocery store for some better alternatives today.

Slept fitfully last night, but that's nothing new. At least my brain feels better, and yeah, my keyboard is clean too.

Think I'll try for another walk. Hope you do too.

Let's have a good one.

Capto

Comment

Sunday Dec. 3

Grace,

Have you tried Evenin Primrose Oil? That helps my PMS... also a temporary aid can be xanax but please talk to your Dr. b/c it is not right for all... diet especially limiting sugar & caffeine is key are you a diet cola drinker? Eliminate those elements and you may feel better... B.

Comment

Sunday Dec. 3

Good Morning Everyone!!

Let us know about that partridge Nancy....you are funny this morning!

Yesterday was absolutely beautiful here yesterday. Crisp and chilly and blue skies - just like Dec should be.

Grace - I am so sorry you are having those panic attacks. They are truly awful. I've had one actual daytime attack about 2 years ago and I ended up having to go to the doctor - it wouldn't end. I thought I was having a heart attack and was sure I was going to die- it lasted about 3 hours. So very scary. The fact that my dad died at age 42 of a heart attack didn't help matters - ( esp since I was 41 at the time)
            The other night though I woke up kinda like you described. I have recurring nightmares about tornados and had a bad one that night. Woke up with my heart pounding. I'm glad you are taking something for this and I wish I had some advice- just wanted you to know I know how it feels and I sure hope it gets better. I've been taking melatonin to help get to sleep at night. It is in the vitamin section and it does help get me to sleep - not sure if it would help with anything else. Wish you the best.

And morning Louise! yea for not having to look at 'leftovers' this morning! Leftover wine is so icky to clean too - used to be kind of a morning ritual. Hey, and I also just wanted to say good job for all your success here - you are really doing great. Glad you are here.
            Capto- good for you for walking! Gotta get out there! And congrats on day 2
            If you are walking again today then I'll go to the gym.

Have a great day everyone-
            Lisa

Comment

Sunday Dec. 3

Nancy - not even dust just dirt! Guess I better go wake up DH. . .

Comment

Sunday Dec. 3

Hi Grace

Have you happened to read Mikeys post (second post) in Happy, Joyous and Free, under Just Starting Out. He posted some links to articles on alcohol nd fixing the brain. I just read them myself. Full of great information. I too have panic attacks at night, and yes they are frightening. Mine subsided quite a bit since I have been AF. I still find myself taking my ususal benadryl, and now calms forte. I have sinus issues, and feel like I can not breath or swallow, but I know that this is mainly in my head, no pun intended. Good luck, I know these episodes are so scary. I have to get up sometimes and take a long hot shower to calm down, and even then it does not always work.

-Kim

Comment

Sunday Dec. 3

Hi everyone

I too have a dreadful sleeping habit. For 3 nights on the run I have slept for 2 hours max and then had to get up and watch re runs of awful sitcoms, until about 7 in the morning and then sleep through the day.

My eyes can't take it - I look like a newborn puppy !!!! Not a good look, especially coming up to Christmas - party season ( drinking OJ ) hoorah.

I have night Kalms now - which is a herbal concoction , so lets hope that will work.

I hope you have found your partridge Nancy and that you keep it as a pet and not Cristmas dinner !!!!:H

Lots of love
                  Cait X

Comment

Sunday Dec. 3

Hi Caitlin,
                    I have found that if I drink any alcohol at all, then I WILL wake up around 2-3am.
                    Have you been able to ween off completely? It is so hard but the rewards are many....like a good nights sleep.
                    I also listen to the sleep learning and clearing part two cds in bed. If I wake up , I'll put my headphones on and soon be back to sleep. It does take some time to establish these habits. It is good to have them to replace the bad habits as you drop them.

Keep working at it.....This does work...in the long run!

:l Nancy
                    "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Sunday Dec. 3

Rough day

Day 8 abs for me and it was tough. Sunday afternoon with all the football (usually drink then) was harder than Sat. night. Oh well, took a bunch of Kudzu, GABA and L-Glut. Feeling little better now. Just worried because each day was getting easier and then WHAM Sunday hit, but I didn't drink and I am proud of that. Only a few more hours before bedtime.

As for panic attacks, I take Klonopin, which works well, and my panic attacks have significantly decreased since I've stopped boozing it up.

Comment

Sunday Dec. 3

Thank you everyone for your responses about the panic attacks.

Stillcrawling -- I haven't tried the evening primrose oil -- I'll look that one up. Also, I do probably need to cut back on caffeine.

Lisa -- Thank you for your kind words. I've been taking melatonin each night, and still have had the panic attacks. I'm hoping it is just a short term thing as my body is adjusting to not getting anesthetized (sp?) each night!

KizzieCat -- I'll look up the article you mentioned about fixing the brain. I need a major adjustment!

Thank you all, and hope you have a good, restful evening.

Grace

Comment

Sunday Dec. 3

Just signing in for a quick goodnight! I feel like a dork for not posting earlier, but I've had a major case of the topa dopas for going back up to 200 again after only being on 100 for a few days. I've actually been here in Absville several times today, but everytime I started to post something, everything I wanted to say seemed silly, so I stopped.

So hi to everyone, and especially to everyone new.

Hugs,

Kathy:l
                          AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Sunday Dec. 3

Kathy!!!!! Just read back on the other Birthday Thread and saw it was Your Birthday yesterday!!!

SO HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!

Sure hope it was a good day!!

:l Lisa

Comment

Working...
                            X