PDA

View Full Version : Running

Charlotte's Web
March 9th, 2011, 04:53 PM
Hi All,

Are there any runners amongst you? I would love to run more and I do run small distances but I find it REALLY boring. Any suggestions? I want to enjoy it but every minute I am thinking "Are we nearly there yet?"

After my runs, I feel great - energised and proud of myself - but during the run I think "what's the point?"

Any tips how how to enjoy running would be welcomed.

Mr D
March 9th, 2011, 06:46 PM
Hi !! . Music really help (if you run in a park not for the streets). When i m running i push my self step by step thinking in my goals (Example: "Lets run faster, i can do it"). i ll run half marathon in 4 weeks from now (the longest distance i ran was only 12k cross country but i can do it). I love to run because all is in your mind, you control your body. You fight again yourself and when you finish the race no one can take away that amazing feeling !!.
Best whishes

KundaliniGirl
March 11th, 2011, 05:39 AM
CW, I jog about 4-5 time/week 3 miles per outing. Now, I'm older (58), so I'm super slow. However, I find that it's the only thing that keeps weight off me, and I feel like I go into active meditation when I jog, which is really therapeutic. I've been doing it since I was 29. It's really the equivalent of a fast walk, but gets the heart rate up a little more.

When I started I also used music, which helps take your mind off of what you're doing. Now, I live in a really pretty peaceful place and don't use music. But I highly recommend it if you're not where you get the "natural high" yet. Once you get hooked, you won't need music. After a while you will crave the exercise.

I swear by it! I do that and yoga at home (tapes by Maya Fiennes). It's a good balance of stretching/meditating.

KG

mumofsix
April 8th, 2011, 03:17 AM
I'm a runner and love it

I went from not being able to run more than two minutes on a treadmill to building up to 10k runs. Now I run half marathons pretty much twice to three times a week. I always take my ipod with me with gives me the motivation and extra push I need with the beats. Of course the other side of me is my love of alcohol which is why I have joined this site. It affects my running so much and I just arent living up to my full potential. Keep up pounding the pavements, change your routes and when you get bored try to change your thinking while running to how good you feel and how healthy and good you'll look. The one thing its given me is stamina and I have to admit great legs! Take pride in being a runner and work toward a half marathon as a goal. I am flying over to the states in Novemeber to compete in the NY marathon.

Cinders
April 8th, 2011, 03:35 AM
Runners,

Of which I was one many years ago.

My PE teacher tried me on all kinds of things and the only thing I could do was run.

Running is not an art, it is a spirit.

When I was running I was in my own space. Nothing else was there. Just me.

I have never experienced anything so wonderful. Ever.

I wish I could do it again but I can't. The body parts of this elderly woman won't cooperate.

But I did run. Many, many miles. Not to someone else's pace, my own. It was a very spiritual experience.

I HTH,
Cindi

mumofsix
April 9th, 2011, 10:48 PM
Went for a great run this morning 10ks or 8 (miles) in American lingo. Did it in 54 minutes which aint bad for an old woman of 44. Enjoyed it too.

Theme2be
April 10th, 2011, 08:01 AM
Dear athletic artists,

The age factor such as a reference to being "old" is foreign to my ways.
I was raised around european females and 100 years old is the new 20's.

I pray, please with love and respect, you do not fall prey to that idea.

It was mentioned so beautifully that it is about the spirit.
Our spirits are infinitly timeless and beyond the limitations of a body.

One dear soul mentioned stretching.
I am employed around Physicians and one is advising me about this.
He said a trampoline dones wonders. Begin with 5 minutes and keep stretching those minutes to stand taller.

I have always if not often at the end of the day just adjusted myself to the end of the bed and let it all just lean to the earth on my back, it felt good.
You can make a slant board or their are actual machines that you put yourself into and it stretches and elongates your beautiful body.

We are given an amazing vehicle to exist as long as we will be present.
With bones and muscles and organs and an inate intelligence that is presently doing what it does best.
Even in the presence of abuse from alcohol, such as I have done, this body struggles to love me nevertheless, like a loyal and loving caress.

Love to you~

mumofsix
April 11th, 2011, 03:24 AM
Signed up for the Gold Coast Half marathon in Aussie today - poor hubbie will be buying another plane ticket for me and himself of course. HE IS my support crew. Have to pay another $2000 installement toward New York Marathon next week too. Sooo if my plans to ok I will be running 30 April Rotorua, 22nd May Huntly Half marathon ( sons 21st WILL be a dry one for me the day before lol), 3rd July Gold coast, Taupo Half in August (have to book yet), Hamilton Half in October and then my first full marathon in New York in November and then REST lol.

shelbysmiles
April 11th, 2011, 04:32 PM
It's great to have all these runners on board! I haven't been able to run as much as I have wanted these past three months but I'm trying to get back on track. I usually run 3-4 times a week and do one race a month (10K).

mum-How much does the NY marathon cost! Good luck to you on that! What an achievement!

mumofsix
April 11th, 2011, 08:52 PM
shelbysmiles;1096402 wrote: It's great to have all these runners on board! I haven't been able to run as much as I have wanted these past three months but I'm trying to get back on track. I usually run 3-4 times a week and do one race a month (10K).

mum-How much does the NY marathon cost! Good luck to you on that! What an achievement!
Hey shelby - all up with the Airfares from NZ,accomodation,insurances,food,NY marathon entry etc will be close to $20,000 for me and hubbie as my supporter - we are doing a couple of days in San Fransisco and then Washington before heading home so really dear but for me will be a oncer. Gold Coast may be around $2000 all up BUT now I've entered until I catch up with my dear away in the states husband I arent sure if we can go as now I've entered he told me this morning via phone that he may be away at another conference in Aussie that week BUT the marathon is at the weekend so he'd better not bail. I may just become independent and just go do it but I dont want to travel by myself even if it is only over the ditch to Aussie from NZ. Had a great 17k run this morning, now I want sugar which is usually wine lol Had a 40 gram bag of jellybeans and a coke instead but NOT the same lol

shelbysmiles
April 12th, 2011, 11:59 AM
Nice! I live in the SF bay area. We love making day trips into the city! Have you visited before?

My sugar craving are pretty bad right now as well. It's okay...we burn it off we the calories from running :)

mumofsix
April 12th, 2011, 01:08 PM
Morning Shelby - have been to the States twice before, have been to NY, Arizona,Vegas,California - just around there.Hubbie travels more than me. I get to stay home and look after the kids lol WE should meet up in Novemeber if we get to now each other well enough. I dont bite or spin out lol - not often anyway! PS I bought some carb blockers in case I got sugar cravings so I dont put on weight and I now have a sore lower back. I bet the screw with your liver!! The POOR THINGS been through enough lol. Havent taken them today

Sunnyvalenting
April 12th, 2011, 10:33 PM
I started running several months ago and am now up to just over 2 miles every 2-3 days. I go at about 5.7 MPH. A slow jog but one I can keep going on. I am 59. since I started exercising, not drinking, and eating lighter I have lost over 60 pounds since last June.
I now know how to do that and feel much healthier. Every week I can go a little further or faster when I stay on the plan. Don't think I will ever run even a 1/2 marathon but maybe a 10K some day.
Sunny

mumofsix
April 12th, 2011, 11:15 PM
Sunny - I think your amazing - well done! :goodjob:

Mizz Fitt
April 13th, 2011, 02:40 AM
I started my walking yesterday, did 45 mins fast walking and my aim is to do that at least 4 days a week. I felt great to get back to it yesterday! I could stand to loose a few lbs and really need some toning. Im going to weight myself tomorrow and see what I am there, im sure the walking will help!
Wow Sunny, 60lbs!! Well done.
MumOf six....17k run, wow!

Mizz Fitt
April 13th, 2011, 09:29 AM
had my second walk earlier, took me 35 mins to do it today, see, getting faster already!! Anyway feeling great, feeling motivated .......

mumofsix
April 13th, 2011, 09:39 AM
Mizz Fitt;1097456 wrote: had my second walk earlier, took me 35 mins to do it today, see, getting faster already!! Anyway feeling great, feeling motivated .......
Thats fantastic - well done. NOW must get some sleep!

Sunnyvalenting
April 13th, 2011, 12:03 PM
Do any of the runners here have problems with cramps in the calf? I woke up last week with a terrible cramp which left me sore for a few days. I held off running and feel OK now. I have been trying to take minerals and eat very healthfully. Was it the running or just a coincidence? Advice?
S

mumofsix
April 15th, 2011, 12:18 AM
Yay - flights all booked for the Gold Coast, Hotel all booked, Hubbie home from overseas this morning. Still AF - 6 days - I feel really really happy today. Its been a brilliant day. Hubbie arrived home at 9am this morning, kids had left at 8.30 for the bus so we got to spend the whole day ALONE. Now school holidays for two weeks but hubbies home till Tuesday with the kids and I can do some serious running without having to worry about kids etc. I am so happy! I dont even want alcohol today

Mizz Fitt
April 15th, 2011, 01:18 AM
mumofsix;1098474 wrote: Yay - flights all booked for the Gold Coast, Hotel all booked, Hubbie home from overseas this morning. Still AF - 6 days - I feel really really happy today. Its been a brilliant day. Hubbie arrived home at 9am this morning, kids had left at 8.30 for the bus so we got to spend the whole day ALONE. Now school holidays for two weeks but hubbies home till Tuesday with the kids and I can do some serious running without having to worry about kids etc. I am so happy! I dont even want alcohol today
woo hoo Mum! Thats great, a few days off. And what are you and hubby going to do with all that 'free' time this mnorning??lol!
Enjoy the running and steer well clear off the alcohol, that addiction is history, yes? Enjoy your weekend :)

mumofsix
May 5th, 2011, 11:31 PM
Carver;1110288 wrote: Running has some great benefits,..
Some of these benefits may include weight loss, improved cardiovascular health, improved bone health, improved mood and better coordination.And excitement of entering races and "pitting" youself against your body and the clock, I have just run my first full 42k marathon in 4.38.06 which I considered quite good for a 44 year old Mummy of 6 kids that used to be obese and drinks too much sometimes! lol

anon
May 6th, 2011, 01:52 AM
Just seen this thread I run and have been doing a lot more since I joined MWO.

Off for a run this morning. Hoping to do about 20 miles:)

anon
May 6th, 2011, 09:40 AM
Carver;1110288 wrote: Running has some great benefits,..
Some of these benefits may include weight loss, improved cardiovascular health, improved bone health, improved mood and better coordination.Spam Spam

anon
May 6th, 2011, 09:42 AM
Loerge;1102449 wrote: Hey dear. Running is a great exercise. I also do running daily. running have so many benefits. With this we can maintain our body and become fit. When we run , every part of our body is in the motion and it is good for our health. So dear you can join me if you feel boar . Reply soon.SPAMMERS usually spell better than this
:H

anon
May 6th, 2011, 11:53 AM
Here it is Recluse

Andrew from Ireland
May 6th, 2011, 01:16 PM
mumofsix;1110479 wrote: And excitement of entering races and "pitting" youself against your body and the clock, I have just run my first full 42k marathon in 4.38.06 which I considered quite good for a 44 year old Mummy of 6 kids that used to be obese and drinks too much sometimes! lol
Finishing one alone is impressive but that's a superb time, in fairness. :goodjob:

PlainJane
June 17th, 2011, 10:15 PM
Runners,

Of which I was one many years ago.

My PE teacher tried me on all kinds of things and the only thing I could do was run.

Running is not an art, it is a spirit.

When I was running I was in my own space. Nothing else was there. Just me.

I have never experienced anything so wonderful. Ever.

I wish I could do it again but I can't. The body parts of this elderly woman won't cooperate.

But I did run. Many, many miles. Not to someone else's pace, my own. It was a very spiritual experience.

I HTH,
Cindi

Im sorry I didn't attach this properly Cindi!!!
That moved me so much, and I wanted to thank you so much for what you said, it moved me to tears. I too am a runner, and hope and plan to keep on running for as long as my body allows. I loved how you said it is a spiritual experience, I so feel that way too. It is my sanity, it is my life to some degree, apart from being mom, wife, etc.
And alcohol takes it away. I am on day 6 AF today, and I need to stay AF!!! Running def. helps with that. Thanks to the god of my understanding for giving me legs to run and a heart to beat!!!

Running4life
June 20th, 2011, 11:52 AM
I love to run, although I am not fast enough. I do about three half marathons a year. Drinking interferes with performance. It is not fun getting up early to run with your group with a hangover from too much wine the night before. I am on day 22 and feeling pretty good. Enjoying being able to get up and run without a headache.
PlainJane, I also woke up and thanked God for the ability to run. We should never take this for granted. Many people would love to run but can't for many reasons.
Best wishes to all in your AF journey and keep running.

mumofsix
July 19th, 2011, 04:00 AM
mumofsix;1095864 wrote: Signed up for the Gold Coast Half marathon in Aussie today - poor hubbie will be buying another plane ticket for me and himself of course. HE IS my support crew. Have to pay another $2000 installement toward New York Marathon next week too. Sooo if my plans to ok I will be running 30 April Rotorua, 22nd May Huntly Half marathon ( sons 21st WILL be a dry one for me the day before lol) , 3rd July Gold coast, Taupo Half in August (have to book yet), Hamilton Half in October and then my first full marathon in New York in November and then REST lol.
Gee I havent checked in here for ages! I did run the Rotorua Full marathon on 30th April this was my first full marathon - I did it in 4.38.06 and Huntly Half 2.02.06, then across the tasman to Gold Coast marathon which once again I did in 4.38.40. My drinking has been less but could still be better though so while I'm succeeding in some areas I arent in others! I have the Taupo half marathon coming up on 7th August and also Rotorua half on 28th August, Hamilton Half in October still do go before New York. I am however at the moment more interested in staying sober. That to me is the IMPORTANT race for me at the moment

Nursie
October 13th, 2011, 06:00 AM
I guys, I fell off the fitness wagon for a bit when AL took over but I am ready to take my body back! I love to run (used to hate it, bit it becomes therapy), elliptical, weight training, bicycle, mud races, etc.
I download all the my favorite high energy high beat, pumped up music and GO. Mix it in with some slower stuff for warm ups and cool downs. You can create play lists for cardio, weight training, cool down etc.

Have fun!!

Running4life
October 25th, 2011, 02:15 AM
Hi:
I run 3-4 times a week and do 3-4 half marathons per year. I am training right now for Vegas Rock n Roll the first Sunday in December. Running keeps me sane and keeps the weight off.
I would be as big as a house from all the wine a drank if I didn't run.
Running with a group will keep you accountable. Go for coffee after and enjoy some social time.
I also make sure I sign up for an event as a goal. I always do runs that reward you with a medal after. It is nice after a hard half marathon when some holds out the medal for you to put on.
It is worth the hard work and your body will love it.

Guitarista
October 25th, 2011, 03:24 AM
Great stuff Running 4 life, and great handle you have.

Step out the door, and just put one foot in front of the other.

I'm a runner too. Yeeah!

stirly-girly
October 31st, 2011, 05:59 AM
Archer;1200976 wrote: Hi
Running is the most important part for fitness of the body,who will take their exercise daily always be happy and active those who going vice versa.
Nah, it's no fun if you can't go vice versa. Except if you want to go versa vice. Oh, and there are some very good recipes in the Recipe corner you may want to try out. This one is especially good. I'll bet you'd love it...

http://www.mywayout.org/community/f83/spam-53223.html#post1200985

patrice
October 31st, 2011, 06:38 AM
HaHa - good one

Summerstar
November 3rd, 2011, 12:56 PM
Sign up for races with obstacles...I ran the Warrior Dash in Wisconsin and it was a blast! Unfortunately, there is a lot of partying there. Anyway, there are 12 obstacles to go over during the 5K.

In a couple weeks I am running a cross country mud run. The obstacles make it more fun! If you don't compete, run through a park with hills and trees...somewhere with a view. That is amazing. :)

:)

catch22
February 9th, 2012, 08:06 AM
HI Runners, Gr8 thread.

I sign up to do a half marathon on (25th march) and started training the last week in october.(with a few runners) Am up to 10 miles now, but am finding it very hard ! I never thought i could get that far i could not run a mile when i started :cool: Someone said to me about the three S's that you build up on Strength Stamina and speed and speed is the last one. My run is a very slow run because am still working on my strides i use up so much energy on my small strides it makes sense now why i feel so tired. Any ideas that could help? am going to start doing more stretching with my legs and am also going to started to change my diet and eat more tuna and pasta, feel like i need it for my energy now, because am running 3times a week on monday 4miles wednesday 10miles and friday 8miles. It hard work but cant wait now for the day !:)
Tips that work for me after a long run have a cold bath from waist ddown really does help with the muscles the next day.
Going to invest in a form roller good for leg massage.

A Question to the ones that have done marathons b4 What sort of training do you do the week b4 the marathon????? I've been told not to run at all that week b4 but can do any other training !

Catch22 xXx

Shiner
February 9th, 2012, 11:51 AM
Hi Catch... Congrats on your running. I am a runner and have done several halfs and one whole in 2011. One thing you might try are intervals. Meaning, run at your fastest pace for 30 seconds or so and then running at slower pace for a couple of minuted ..... And just keep building up on that. Google fartleks. Good info. Good luck. I am running a half on April 1st. April fools day....

Shiner

catch22
February 13th, 2012, 08:08 AM
Thanks Shiner for the info....x Good Luck on April fools day.X

stirly-girly
February 21st, 2012, 04:59 AM
Alexanderjhon;1265877 wrote: Hello friends,.....
I had reading all the posts and i like running with my friends. Ruining is the
best for our health and please tell me more benefit to running thanks.
Yes, ruining is best for our health and you can find some good hints at this link...

www.ruining-for-your-health.com

stirly-girly
February 22nd, 2012, 10:45 AM
Alden;1266485 wrote: Running is the best exercise for weight lose.If you run just 2-3 miles daily it burns the 100 calories that enough for your weight lose and make you stamina. It also strong your body muscle like leg muscle.
I always wanted to be made stamina. And I can't wait for my body to be all leg muscle. But then I will have four legs.:confused: Does that mean I have to wear two pairs of shoes? One on my leg-legs and one on my arm-legs?

Oh and here's a link for you.... www.running-with-four-legs.com I hope it helps you with your weight lose.

Running4life
March 22nd, 2012, 01:33 PM
Hi everyone
Running keeps me sane and sober. I have done about 17 half marathons and many 10 km races. I am not fast but I am faster than those who never run.
Running is fantastic exercise, just watch out for injuries. Increase mileage slowly.
R4l

Nursie
March 23rd, 2012, 08:29 AM
I love to see so many runners!
G-Bloke, you never cease to amaze me. Never knew you were a runner too!
I'm doing a Warrior Dash in June. It is definitely a downside that it turns into a barbarian turkey leg and beer fest afterwards. I will just be on my way after my wave.

Skye Rosey
March 26th, 2012, 03:41 PM
I'm a runner-wanna-be. My biggest problem is shin splints. I read that it could be the shoes, so I got a kick-A pair of runners, yet a few minutes on the treadmill and that burn begins...I've really started out slowly and I'm a stretcher...any other tips for me? Btw...I even get them when I walk fast. I'm also a gym rat so I have pretty strong calfs, quads, hams. I'd love to run every day out in the woods since I'm lucky enough to live in the mountains.

catch22
March 27th, 2012, 06:23 AM
Feeling really proud of myself :-)

Hi Runner's,
Like to share my good news with you all i did my first half marathon on sunday in 2hr 34mins. All that hard training paid of i stop for a tiny little while just over 11miles, and carryed on. The last mile was up hill, but the whole run was up and down i thought it was going to be flat:confused:. The atmopshere was great the locals were a gr8 support and kids handing out jelly babies :cool::).
Its funny when i was running this guy in front of me had this t-shirt on of this old bloke holding a glass of wine, it was a very strong message for me, i would of never of been able to do this if i was still drinking. The end was the best for me seeing that finish line and every1 cheering you on i felt like a celebrity and a bit embarrassed it was so good to get that medal at the end. I had a nice Hot Stone Massage after the run really help'd my muscles the next day..
Its so good to have that freedom, from alochol.
Wow running4life 17, half marathon :cool:

Catch22 xXx

catch22
April 2nd, 2012, 08:19 AM
Shiner;1259123 wrote: Hi Catch... Congrats on your running. I am a runner and have done several halfs and one whole in 2011. One thing you might try are intervals. Meaning, run at your fastest pace for 30 seconds or so and then running at slower pace for a couple of minuted ..... And just keep building up on that. Google fartleks. Good info. Good luck. I am running a half on April 1st. April fools day....

Shiner
How did your half Marathon go Shiner? was thinking about you Y/day! :)

katemidlletone
June 7th, 2012, 06:21 AM
Before start my workouts, First I warm up properly by walking for five to 10 minutes. It help to improve my stamina during work-out.

jamesPatersonn
October 24th, 2012, 05:34 PM
Running can never be boring. Consider changing your route. There are so many beautiful places all over us. You just need to change the setting :-)))

jamesPatersonn
October 24th, 2012, 05:35 PM
katemidlletone;1330900 wrote: Before start my workouts, First I warm up properly by walking for five to 10 minutes. It help to improve my stamina during work-out.
Ha ha, if I did that, I would not have enough energy for the actual work out!!! But yes, everyone of us is different!

jamesPatersonn
October 24th, 2012, 05:36 PM
catch22;1286800 wrote: Hi Runner's,
Like to share my good news with you all i did my first half marathon on sunday in 2hr 34mins. All that hard training paid of i stop for a tiny little while just over 11miles, and carryed on. The last mile was up hill, but the whole run was up and down i thought it was going to be flat:confused:. The atmopshere was great the locals were a gr8 support and kids handing out jelly babies :cool::).
Its funny when i was running this guy in front of me had this t-shirt on of this old bloke holding a glass of wine, it was a very strong message for me, i would of never of been able to do this if i was still drinking. The end was the best for me seeing that finish line and every1 cheering you on i felt like a celebrity and a bit embarrassed it was so good to get that medal at the end. I had a nice Hot Stone Massage after the run really help'd my muscles the next day..
Its so good to have that freedom, from alochol.
Wow running4life 17, half marathon :cool:

Catch22 xXx
That is pretty impressive. I would not be able to run that long. Well done!

Stewarts
October 25th, 2012, 08:47 AM
I can't believe I missed this Post after all this time. I got my fifth marathon on November 4th, feeling pretty good for it, I think it should be my best.

P.S. To the runners out there, maybe its a NYC thing, but some of the biggest boozers I know, both male and female are runners, kind of weird I always thought...

RunningCourage
October 25th, 2012, 09:30 AM
Hi Stewarts,

Don't think it's just an NYC thing - plenty of us Scots are running drunkards too. And some enthusiastic runners and exercise aficionados on this site did high intensity work outs with high intensity drinking (not necessarily at the same i might add)...

RC

Stewarts
October 26th, 2012, 03:17 PM
He RC, I think it kind of makes sense. I am an avid skier and still play ice hockey...and I will admit, after a day of skiing, a beer tastes so good, same thing for after a hockey game....I think it has something to do with, well, being dehydrated, but also your andrelanine kicking in high gear. I guess its the same with running. After I run a marathon, the first thing I try to get is a bloody Mary and a burger....

There's an old mens' league hockey saying, "My drinking team has a hockey problem."

Cheers,

RunningCourage
October 26th, 2012, 05:19 PM
Stewarts;1400031 wrote: He RC, I think it kind of makes sense. I am an avid skier and still play ice hockey...and I will admit, after a day of skiing, a beer tastes so good, same thing for after a hockey game....I think it has something to do with, well, being dehydrated, but also your andrelanine kicking in high gear. I guess its the same with running. After I run a marathon, the first thing I try to get is a bloody Mary and a burger....

There's an old mens' league hockey saying, "My drinking team has a hockey problem."

Cheers,
Like that!

I sometimes found that i could drink pretty heavily the night before a long (or short) run. Wonder whether that was just excess sugar that helped run and sweat out the bad stuff...

RC

Stewarts
October 27th, 2012, 11:06 AM
Interesting, I found the opposite. I don't like running after a night of drinking - a glass of wine or two, beer or two, but thats it; I feel too sluggish. Afterwards, a different story. Your hypothesis does makes some sense though.

Anyway, I got a week before the NYC marathon, and I'm noticing certain supplements affecting my runs, let alone a drink or two the night before. I've been taking beta alanine for lactic acid build-up during training, but I think it's elevating my body temperature, probably a bad idea the morning of the race, maybe the night before?

Anyway....

JingleJo
December 18th, 2012, 02:27 PM
Hi all, I love running after starting it regularly over a year ago. Looking back, I have no idea how I managed to fit it in round my heavy drinking, but I did. Although, I would usually force myself out for a run after work then 'reward' myself by drinking afterwards.

Anyway, I was chuffed with myself in May last year when I finished a 10k race in 53 mins, so signed up for a half marathon in September there and finished in 2 hours 10 mins which I was pleased with. Have now signed up for the Edinburgh Marathon in May next year. Shitting myself, but I am determined to commit to a proper training plan and continue to stay off the drink and fags and hopefully get good results.

xx

RunningCourage
December 18th, 2012, 02:37 PM
See ya there! Plan to do it myself.

God knows how i drank and ran... think my body had just got used to it. Taking it gentle just now before resuming more regular running in the new year leading up to the marathon season (if there is such a thing, it's what i call it cos there's a load of them on around spring!).

JingleJo
December 19th, 2012, 02:25 AM
Hey RC

That's good you are planning on doing it too!

As for our bodies getting used to the alcohol and running, think you are right. I would often run with a hangover, although plenty of times I was just too ill to even think of it.

My plan is to start a proper training plan in January too. I've been hammering metafit and circuit classes since I quit AL and I intend on keeping some of that going too for X training.

Good luck with your training :) x