Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunday dec 3- what are you doing today?

Good Morning-

Thought I'd see what plans you all have for today? Walking? pilates? running? bicycle?
    I'm going to the gym now - but I had to share my fun news that my scale is now at 138....one more lb gone.
    This is the slowest weight loss ever it seems but it is making me feel pretty great. I am finally seeing some changes in my definition - in the legs and arms. I can't wait to see what my body looks like when it's in shape. I have Never been in great/good shape. Kinda want to do one of those before and after pictures.

Anyway- I wanted to share something positive with you all.

So....happy Sunday - and hope I hear back about your workout for the day.

Lisa

Lisa, I woke up today, wondering if your personal trainer is behaving? Congratulations on an additon pound loss....gone forever. I am doing the treadmill today, and listen to an audio book while I am walking. Thanks for checking in with us. What' s everyone else up to?
    Hugs,
    Meow-Meow
    MonaKitty

Comment

getting our Christmas tree!
      No working out.
      I ran 5K yesterday and it hurt like heck. Did it anyway..... I'm crazy I guess, but I needed the release.
      Mona, HELP!!

Comment

Hey-
        The personal trainer update is that I got a new one today- yea! Looks like no one wants to work out at 5:30 am or even 6am so the new guy and I are working out on Fri evenings and Sat morning.
        Not sure that is the best schedule in the world but I thought I'd give it a try.
        The guy I talked to - not the trainer - said that schedule would actually be ok since I'd be working different parts of the body and that sometimes 7 days rest can be good if you are working a particular area fairly hard.
        I don't know if I buy all that but, I'm giving it a try.
        Then, I can do stretches, abs, and cardio during the week early in the morning.
        That's my trainer scoop-thanks for asking Mona

I love audio books! Thought I was the only one to listen to one while working out! Can I ask what you are listening to?

Becca- sounds like a good thing to take off today. I understand the stress relief factor though
        Do you use heat or ice on shin splints?

Lisa

Comment

Lissa, I belong to Audio internet rental program. It works like Netflixs, but there are CD on books. Since I don't have time to read as many books as I'd like, it helps a lot. I do approx 14 hours of driving a week, so I go thru the audio books like crazy in the car. Then I use a fanny pack, to carry my CD player around when I am doing house work and on the treadmill. It works well for me.

Becca, what the heck are you doing to yourself, and you should know better! You want to do a w/c eval on yourself, or how about one of those rolling walkers! You need to do the bike, or maybe the eliptical machine until you heal up. Can you join a gym for a month only or pay for daily drop in's to use their equipment, that will avoid the impact on your shins? You better take some advil or alieve now to get thru the day.

Barbi, what are you up to day?
          Meow-Meow
          MonaKitty

Comment

I'm studying for a test so I spent a good part of the day in front of the computer dysecting the material. Sounds like a cop out, I know, but it was part of the master plan. A great deal of next week, at least four days, is going to be spent on the stationary bike reading the weak parts oif the text that I spent dysecting today. Saturday morning is the test. After that, full steam ahead. It's a pension thing (boring)- this is the last one I am taking and have been studying on and off since July. Thanks for keeping me accountable, Mona:l .

Comment

Mona...can you tell me the name of the audio rental? I go to a second hand place but it can still be expensive.
              I downloaded a book onto my ipod once but it didn't work too welll - maybe it was the operator. But I had a hard time pausing and getting back to the right place in the book. Scanning is not so good with a book!

Have a great evening-
              Lisa

Comment

Oh Barbi Doll, We all have days, when we have to put exercise on the back burner, your needs are legitimate right now. But, then we have days when we are just not motivated. I struggle with the motivation.
                Lisa, the club I belong to is: simplyaudiobooks.com
                Becca, how are you feeling?
                Oh well gang, tomorrow is a fresh new day. Look forward to hearing from you all.
                Hugs,
                Meow-Meow
                MonaKitty

Comment

Lisa, regarding the Fri/Sat workout and resting between. Remember I do the 10 minutes a week of heavy duty lifting? My trainer will not let me work out more than once a week because the theory is that your body does need that much recuperating if you have worked your muscle really, really hard. I am not sure I buy it either although I have lost 25+ pounds doing JUST this and nothing else, so it must work. Make sure you are working until you literally cannot push that weight any more. Doing 12-15 reps means nothing if you have not fatigued your muscles enough. And as women we really need that.

As I have said before I am not doing the cardio work which I need for my brain/mood more than anything and promise I will start after the first of the year and report back here for motivation. Ugh, ugh, and more ugh.
                  I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Hey Lush, good to hear from you. That's amazing 25 pounds! Keep up the good work girlfriend.
                    Meow-Meow
                    MonaKitty

Comment

Wow Lush - 25 lbs! By the way, how do you become a senior member. On second thought, never mind! That's a little sensitive since I hit 50!

Taking a dose of I Glut and off to the gym to do the elliptical for about 10 and the bike for about 40 and read this boring, boring book on 401(k) testing for non discriminiation of employer contributions. I know you guys are jealous.

Comment

Working...
                      X