Sunday, December 2nd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunday, December 2nd

Where are you all this lovely Sunday morning? Yesterday was a horrible day for me in terms of the effects of overindulging at a Christmas party Friday night. I did not stick with my goals and I did not eat one thing. Yesterday was one of the most brutal days I have ever had and I cannot ever do that again. I think it is time for me to be honest with my good girlfriends and let them know my need to moderate. One of them does not drink but she loves to watch the rest of us "get stupid" and will refill and refill glasses without you even realizing it. I was so ashamed of myself yesterday.

Hope you are having or will have a nice Sunday. Allie, you had a teenage boy party last night? How incredibly brave of you. MKR, you always put a smile on my face. You are just such a positive soul. Hope you and kitty are well today. Love to all of the rest of you. Have to go to church now and repent for my sinful ways! Hugs.!
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Sunday, December 2nd

This is just a plain hard time of the year. I have been off topa,, but I decided to go back on for the holidays and then do another 30-day abs on Jan. 1 or thereabouts.

Comment

Sunday, December 2nd

:crossed: fsophiah,
      I saw that you are just getting back on topa. I just started 4 days ago. Can you tell me what to expect from it. What I hear is I will be tired most of the time. Did you go all the way to 300 a day? How long were you on and what were the side effects, loss of weight. Anything you can tell me would be so helpful. I am AF 61 days; but who's counting : ) Yes what a time to decide to give up Alcohol. Beginning with Halloween, my 59th birthday, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years. All good reasons to drink! I did for 29 years anyway. This is the longest I have been AF for 21 years.................Lovin' it........every day, every second. But the best is the MORNING!!!
      newbegin

Comment

Sunday, December 2nd

Good for you newbegin. You did choose a tough time of the year to abstain so it must be even more gratifying. Keep it up!!!!

Comment

Sunday, December 2nd

Yep, looking kinda quiet around here...

Lush- looks like ya lost a day. My calendar says it's the 3rd . I know what you mean about keeping up with the gals... Be bery, bery cewrfel!
          I went out after a brutal night @ work, to help one of the girls I work with celebrate her B-day... I was pretty "well behaved". But it could have gotten scarey really fast! Thank God no one suggested Tequila!
          I just had 2 glasses of wine & 2 big glasses of water, but it was so busy @ work, I didn't get a chance to eat...(dangerous)

Fsophia- this time of year can have so many "mixed blessings". It can be a real difficult time... but so nice too.

OHH!!:wd: My Brother & Sis in law are on their way to Texas to pick up my nephew! He's coming home for Christmas from Iraq!! They should be back tomorro or the next day!! Pretty neat Huh? Now, how's that for good news?
          The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Sunday, December 2nd

That is awesome news Jude!!! I bet he is thrilled to be coming home too.

Oops, see I did miss a day. It is the 3rd, isn't it? Oh well, at least I am not as bad as Macks saying it was Dec. 23rd..........

Comment

Sunday, December 2nd

Hi all

Great news Judie, bet he wiill be happy to be home, my bro is!!

Happy Sunday to all, have overdone it also at the Christmas party last night, but danced my butt off, so wore off the calories at least...............some of the docs were pretty wasted, which is pretty funny to watch..................

I am seriously thinking of going AF all Jan..............anyone want to jump on that boat w/ me??

Love and kisses,

MA:h

Comment

Sunday, December 2nd

I had a very non productive Saturday and am now having a miserable Sunday, which was entirely my own doing. So much for AF 'til term ends.

Worst part is one of the reasons I bought beer was because I'm stressing out over finals. I'm stressing out because my gift for procrastination is biting me in the butt. So instead of being a good kid, taking the supps and eating breakfast and studying, I drank huge quantities of beer and played online. Now couldn't get my head clear enough to study if my life depended on it.

Okay, well I'm going to go look at books and hope something sinks in. I can't even think about food. :yuk:

Tracy

sigpic

Comment

Sunday, December 2nd

Dec 3

Happy Sunday all ?

I had an OK day yesterday. I did manage to get my lazy butt to the gym. I plan to go every day in December except 12/25 (they are closed). So, while it is only 3 days, I have managed to do it. I?ve just been so fatigued?.last night we were at a hockey game in an arena full of yelling fans and I was falling asleep. I truly checked out a few times. People probably thought I was really smashed but I was dead cold sober. Just soooooooo tired.

Lush ? I know you having a rough day and I hope it gets better for you. I hate when I do that and I really hate the next day! I have similar girlfriends and I debate whether telling them as well. A while back, I had told one of them that I thought I would stop drinking for a while and she said ?I?m not even going to entertain that idea.? Huh??? I told her I meant me not her and she said ?yeah ? I know.? Friends can be strange. Good luck deciding what to do.

MKR - Thank you for the encouraging words. You always have just the right thing to say. Hope you are feeling better.

Fsophiah ? have a good one!

NewBegin ? Great job! This is such a hard time of year so kudos to you! You should be prorud of what you have accomplished! And I agree, those mornings are the best!:thumbs:

Judie ? Super news on your nephew!!! That is the best Christmas gift!

MaryAnne ? That sounds like a good plan and I am giving it a lot of consideration. I have a ?milestone? b-day in January and I know I?ll not be able to get away without a toast! Maybe January AF minus one day...

Tracy ? So sorry you are having such a tough time of it. I too have a HORRIBLE procrastination problem. But when I get going, I do get it done. I?m sure more is sinking in than you think. Hang in there, get a good night?s sleep tonight and start fresh tomorrow. You?ll do it! Feel better.

Have good day everyone.
                  Hawk

Comment

Sunday, December 2nd

Newbegin,:welcome: and congrats on 61 days AF! Thats awsome:thumbs:
                    The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Sunday, December 2nd

Stoppin in to say hello...
                      Went to church with the family this morning and then out to lunch, so just getting home at 2:15! Lush, I've had so many Sundays with a hangover -- not a good way to head out to church... LOL. But today was good. And the party of teens my son brought home last night-- you have to understand that boys dont always bring all boys home! I think there were far more girls in my kitchen for sure! But there were definitely some guys too. I love having teenagers.... they are so much fun! (Most of the time ) I really wish I could post that picture... darn! Its so cute!

Okay, think I'm gonna snuggle up with hubby for a Sunday afternoon snooze.... (love those Sunday snoozes!) Gray and chilly here today. Lush sent that Seattle junk here again. At least a "tad" of it.

Sorry you slipped by the way Lush -- I think Christmas parties are really difficult too. Thank goodness we live a new city and wont be getting invited to near as many as where we used to live! I'm hosting the company one at my house, so I'll have to be on best behavior!

Happy Sunday to everyone, and hope we can all enjoy it and get rested for the upcoming week without imbibing too much. AF for me... kinda of enjoyed those two days this past week and have a big day ahead that I need to be feeling my best.

Love to all~
                      Allie
                      What happens in Vegas goes straight to Ohio....

Comment

Sunday, December 2nd

Happy Sunday,

Molly, I really feel for you. I have been there enough. I was pretty worried about Friday myself. I think the 3 AF days did help get my limits back down though. We had my Hubby's office party. We took all of his employees and their partners out to dinner so I had to be good. It's not good for the wife of the boss to be to bubbly! Though in previous years I don't think I cared. I will say it's hard to be the oldest gal at the table these day. I am feeling my age!

Took Hubby out to dinner, just him and me for his birthday last night and kept it together. I am feeling pretty good today, but I am bumping my limit up for the day as we are having a BBQ with family later for his birthday. He is at a friend's house now farting and scratching with the guys watching the Saints Game.

Have a good day all,
                        Laura
                        Humor is just another defense against the universe!

Comment

Sunday, December 2nd

Hi all!! How I hate not being able to post all week!! I do read in the evenings, but just no time to respond..so here I am Sunday afternoon with the Christmas decorations strewn about the house..the tree half up..the kids watching a Harry Potter rerun and husband taking a nap..ugh. I refuse to let it make me turn into Scrooge.
                          Yes--a very difficult time of year to be AF..so I applaud you newbegin--I am on 150 topa..at first it made me very tired, but seems less so now. I sometimes think it's losing it's effectiveness..but now I think it's ME losing my effectivenes...You know, I need to get my head straight in this game and realize that it's not what I want--to be hungover, to have that self-loathing and I need to take my supps and have that attitude that I want this for me.
                          I need to commit to this Mods program if this is truly what I want--commit to the water, the exercise..
                          I mean, I sure can commit to 8 glasses a wine a night, so how about I change that and see if I can't commit to something a little bit better for me...
                          Judie--you know what I did with my kids this summer--brought them to DFW airport--as it's one of the airports that the soldiers fly into from Iraq and American Airlines encourages people to come out and greet the soldiers..I brought my kids out there and watched these men and women (boys and young ladies) enter the airport with tears in my eyes...brave people!
                          Lushy---I hate when I overindulge like that, and worse when I end up feeling like such an ass about myself..I'm sorry--I love you...you know!
                          Tracy--sounds like something I'd do in a moment of stress over exams! Last year (before MWO) I was taking a graduate class and had to "chat" on line with other classmates-always made sure I had a few beers under my muffin...not a good combo..
                          Hawk: Great job on the gym..I plan to walk today--I seem to be so Hungry lately! It's annoying!
                          MA: sounds like you are doing great! And dancing too...love you sweetie!
                          Fsophia: how are you? You know I'm on the other side of Dallas..by Ft. Worth..neighbors!
                          Mkr--hope you are doing okay, and kitty too..you know you are my inspiration.
                          Gypsi--always in my thoughts
                          Allie---how dare you already have your decorations up!
                          Becca--hope you are doing okay too sweetie
                          Laura, E, Di, Mike, Rach, MM, ...and this is where I hate naming by name, because I will forget someone...To all of you....
                          Everyone else.....Glorious Sunday Morning to you..now I'm off to go get in this Christmas spirit..I can hear my kids fighting in the other room!
                          sm-mary

Comment

Sunday, December 2nd

wings: Thanks to all for the words of encouragement! I still have questions about the topa however. It's only been 4 days and I am wondering if I really want to take it considering what most people say about how tired it makes them. Is that what everyone is finding?? Since I have been doing fine with just the vitamins; maybe I am jumping the gun; but scared not to use everything at my disposal in case this is just the honeymoon stage. It has been so easy this time I'm getting scared. Or maybe I was just so darn sick of being sick and barely living; I guess you would call it a functioning alcoholic. If you call going to work, making an 8 hour day seem like 16; to run home to drink to become energized to get into my own little world till I fell into bed only to do it all over again. Yes I was a fraid if I kept going I wouldn't be able to stop, in fact I really didn't think I would be able to this time either. Even for 6 days let alone 62>
                            newbegin

Comment

Sunday, December 2nd

Hi all,

Hope everyone is ok. Lusch there is someone in our school social outings who just loves to do that too: fill up your glass when you are not looking and then she just loves feeling superior when you get stupid. She is not the sort of person that I would tell about my problem as pretty soon everyone in the world would know and the story would not have been told in a sympathetic manner- she would feel even more superior- even though the last time we went out she drank far too much herself( I didn't drink at all-it was one of the everlasting 30 ) Perhaps she has a problem so she makes sure everyone is too plastered to notice!!!

Jude, glad for your happy news.:l

Spent much of the day with my wonderful grand-daughter today.

Love to everyone as always.
                              Waves xxx

Ps welcome Newbegin, you are doing great as far as I can see. Love your avatar.
                              Enough is enough

Comment

Working...
                              X