Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Snip

Hiya Chaps,

Ok..( Deep breath )...Next monday i go in for a vacectomy...I'm a little bit...Not worried...More apprehensive..

I was wondering if any of you had had this done and if you could put my mind at rest or give me any words to the wise..

My dad had it done 3 years ago...He said not to worry...Its only like going to the dentist..

1. I wanna know what his dentist was playing at..
    2. He hasnt been to the dentist for 20 years...It scares the life out of him..

So as you can imagine hes not much help..
    I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
    One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

The Snip

Oh dear!!!!!

Hi Mackeral,

What are you worried for, I'm sure it will be as painless as having a baby (LOL ). :H

Actually, just look at the way your little avatar is all red and jumping up and down...............welllllll............ it may be something like that.

Good Luck.

Love Louise :wow: :boohoo: :crossed: >>>> SCISSORS
    A F F L..
    Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

The Snip

Aww that is so sweet...NOT..

lol...I should have expected the baby remark...I know its nowhere near as painful...Not in the same league...I saw my wife do it 5 times and it hurt me just watching.

Comment

The Snip

Where are all the supportive men here for you Macks? Sorry to once again invade the guys site, but somebody's gotta help ya out here!

My hubby got "the snip" a few years back as a result of my direct refusal to suffer any more pain related to reproduction issues....

He too was scared as all get out. Being the supportive wife that I am, I went with him to hold his hand as he had valiantly done with me. His doc had given him some sort of tranquilizer the day before and told him to take it about half hour before coming in. It did help calm his nerves he said. Oh, and we stopped off for him to have a beer on the way. I think that helped too. It was a pretty simple procedure, and when all was said and done, he said it was not nearly as bad as what he was expecting. The only thing that he said hurt a little was the shot right in the you know where. But the anesthetic began working before the needle ever came out and he did not feel anything after that. He and the doctor actually chatted about the movie "Gladiator" during the whole procedure and my husband was even joking and laughing during the time. The doc told me to have several bags of frozen peas in the freezer for "ice packs" and to rotate them as they "thawed out". (Apparently they are much more comfortable than putting a hard ice pack with ice cubes or something...) I rented him tons of movies from Blockbuster that he had not seen yet -- some Denzel Washington and guy stuff. He followed the docs instructions and did not do any physical activity for 48 hours and just let me bring him food in bed, watched movies and he was amazed that he never even had to take a pain pill that the doctor gave him. He took "one" right after the procedure because he was convinced he was going to be in horrible pain once the anesthetic wore off, but he never was. The doctor always recommends doing it on a Friday so you have the weekend to lay low and not have to go back to work right away. Oh -- and dont let the kids be running in and jumping on ya!! :H And the procedure worked.... no more babies since!

Good luck!
        Allie
        What happens in Vegas goes straight to Ohio....

Comment

The Snip

Allie...Thankyou very much for your detailed response....You are an angel....I was expecting some guys to reply...But i dont think they could have put my mind at rest anymore than you have...

Sounds like a great plan....Rent out some movies....and thanks for the advise about the kids....Gonna have to get hold of a sports cup....Cause baby shoes are made of concrete or something...

Thanks again...Macks:l

Comment

The Snip

Hi Mackeral,
            I have n't had the op but I know a few people who have.
            According to them all, there is nothing to worry about.
            That's why it's called "the snip" and not "the most painful thing ever".
            Good luck!

Comment

The Snip

Good Luck!!

Haven't done it...I know guys that have...no lifting anything for a few days and get some frozen peas for the swelling...so they told me anyhow

Comment

The Snip

Hi Macks - My brother-in-law was "snipped" no so long ago and basically everything Allie said was dead on (as usual! She rocks).

He used it as an opportunity to be cared for (and waited on hand and foot!) But since you've put poor Lisa through 5 deliveries, I don't know how much service you are going to get. LOL! She sounds like a fantastic chick though so I'm sure plenty of TLC will be in order. Good luck!
                Hawk

Comment

The Snip

I concur. My ex was sore for a day or two and that was it. He didn't stay completely down but he did take it real easy.

The doc who performed it told him that his sperm would now reabsorb into his body, which can result in an increase in a man's libido and vigor.

So, go get 'em, Tiger!

Tracy

sigpic

Comment

The Snip

I wouldn't know about any of this Macks, but obviously some people here do, and it sounds like there isn't much to worry about. Just peas and rest, and you'll be as good a new!

Maybe one of our poets will write an ode to the strength and daring of our Macks--his courage and chivalry!

Hugs,
                    Kathy:l

AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

The Snip

a question was posed by our one and only Macks
                      on a subject about which I don't know Jack
                      a little snip here, a little snip there
                      and then you can fornicate without a care

Our wise one Allie has suggested frozen peas
                      and I would suggest rotating the bag
                      so your balls do not freeze

and so with that I will end this lame rhyme
                      because it is getting worse
                      with the passing time

Good Luck Macks!!!
                      I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

The Snip

Hiya Macks --
                        The other thing I wanted to mention that was my hubby's biggest fear over the pain, was that he would no longer have the gain! That's a myth too. Just in case you were wondering.

Best wishes, and dont forget those peas (English peas... you should know all about those, right?)

Allie
                        What happens in Vegas goes straight to Ohio....

Comment

The Snip

Thank you for that glorious tribute to our Macks, Lush!
                          AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

The Snip

I Just Want to Wish you Well!!

I wish yoou and your faimiy well, and will enjoy our xmas experienciences.

Rach

xx

Comment

The Snip

Hiya All,

I just wanna say thanks to everyone...Like i said on general i know i'm being a bit of a baby...but as a man, that is my job..

And Lush....A royal Poem...Oh my god...I am speechless...Your honour

Anyway thanks again..

Rach....How are you coping?....Heres me going on about this...And you have got the weight of the world on your shoulders...Are you ok?

Comment

Working...
                              X