Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monday December 4th

Good Morning all,

How was your weekends, more to the point where is everybody?????

A good friend e-mailed this so I thought I would share it with all of my fabulous 'Cyberfriends'

I am a tiny angel
    I'm smaller than your thumb
    I live in peoples pockets
    That's where I have my fun
    I don't suppose you've seen me
    I'm too tiny to detect
    Though i'm with you all the time
    I doubt we've ever met

Before I was an angel
    I was a fairy in a flower
    God, Himself,Handpicked me
    And gave me angelpower

Now God has many angels that he trains in Angel Pools
    We become his eyes and ears and hands
    We become his special tools

And because God is too busy
    With way too much to do
    He said that my assignment
    Is to keep close watch on you

When he tucked me in your pocket
    He blessed you with Angel care
    Then told me never leave you
    And I vowed I'd always be there.

Take care all, Love & Hugs, Paula :l :h :l
    sigpicXXX

Monday December 4th

Paula,

Thanks so much for sharing that this morning.......it was very sweet.

Now, where are your pictures!

Okay, like I've said before it's all I can do these days to get my but in here and read a few posts.

I just want everyone to know I'm doing great even though I've dosed down on the topa I've not gone to hell in a hand baske

I hope all my dear friends are doing well. Where's Gypsi these days and how is here husband? I've been thinking about her and haven't seen any posts lately.

Becca and Allie, I'm thinking of you both too and keeping you in my prayers.

Macks, how are you doing with mods?

Sm Mary, big hug to you, you know I love you!

Lushy baby........:l :l :l :l I wasted all my emoticons on you!

Mkr Mary, thanks so much for being so sweet ALL the time!

Everyone else have a great week!

Macks, Becca, Preciouspinot, Mojo, Tawny, Lush, Mary Anne, MKR Mary, Soccer Mom Mary, Jenneh, Laura, Judie, Gypsi, Fsophiah, Allie, Mary8305, Eustacia, Hundi, Waves, Trish, Dilayne, Pinkmilk, Mike, Brian, Tumadre, Mighty Mouse II, Cheeks, Lilyluvr56 , GermanBrewer, WaitingtoExhale, Bak310,TracyA, Tinkerbell, Skootimom, PaulaW, Hawk, and Pedro (Did I miss anyone?)
    I love you all!
    :h :h :h :h

Comment

Monday December 4th

Good Morning...it's going to be a busy week for me too..it's hard for me to get in here during the week...
      Rach--I'm glad you're doing good---
      to all my beautiful friends...have a beautiful Monday! love you all!
      sm-mary

Comment

Monday December 4th

Hello all
        Wow it feels like i havent been around forever. My computer at home is officially kaputs meaning I only have access at work until i get a new computer - WAH! I hope everyone had a great weekend!
        love all
        Jen
        Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Monday December 4th

Mornin muffs!

SM-Mary, did you get your lights working? Let me know if you need some help.... almost done here at Lush's house...

Good to see you Jenneh -- was wondering how you're doing. Sorry for the pooter troubles. I hate it when that happens.

Fan-- where you been? Glad your back too!

Tumadre -- actually two of the birthdays are in January, just fall right AFTER Christmas, so there's no break!Always having to keep it in the back of my mind while shopping for Christmas that I have to somehow "divide" it all up. Just gives me a tension headache every year! Oh, and about the planning -- there wasnt any obviously! I guess I just really like the month of April....

Becca, how are you? Thinking bout you! OH -- for anyone thinking about or who is currently trying to train for these "races" that we do (Becca and I are planning on the Durango one in Colorado next October), on the front page of our "Lifestyle" section in the newspaper, there is an excellent training schedule geared for total beginners. It has the day-by-day breakdown of how to prepare in three months for a 15k (9 mile race). We have a big one here every year that I am gonna do called the "River Run". They close all the bridges here downtown and hold the race there and its really a beautiful course. Our downtown is known for the most bridges "city of bridges" and goes over the St. Johns River. Anyway, this schedule says if you follow it, you can be 15k "race ready" in three months, with all this week to prepare. Start to train next week. I got really excited, because I was looking for a training schedule that was something "feesible" that I could do... so here is the link. Its all online including photos of stretches and etc. You can print it out. Go to this website, then over to the right type in the keyword "River Run Training" and it will take you directly there! Okay.... have a great day everyone! Gotta get packing.

Jacksonville.com (then keyword: "River Run Training")

Allie
          What happens in Vegas goes straight to Ohio....

Comment

Monday December 4th

Morning everyone. Sweet post, Paula.

Sorry to be so far out of the loop but I'm plenty loopy in r/l just now.

Would someone happen to know how to figure out the power dissipated on a line with resisistance of 2 ohms when it has a current of 80 amps in it? And to think I took this class as an elective - I thought it would be fun! I am such an idiot.

I'll quit griping now and get back to work. Hope everyone has a good day.

Tracy

sigpic

Comment

Monday December 4th

C'mon Tracy, the answer to that is simple. But I do not feel it would be right to give it away since I always think lessons are better when learned on our own. And you paid good money to learn this lesson.

Thanks Allie for all your help with decorating. I am now officially in the Christmas mood. My daughter's birthday is on New Years Eve so I know the angst of trying to remember to divvy up the gifts. Last year I totally forgot and gave her everything on Christmas Day and then I was out shopping in an absolute panic the day before her birthday. It is so hard.

Becca, hope you are doing better and let us know how the job is going.

Fan and Jen, a weekend is not the same without you two around here, although I had soccermom to keep me company. She thought she was better at decorating than me. I showed her.

Rachele, you HAVE been much too quiet lately......don't disappear on us. Any word on the job front?

Paula, love the poem. Thanks for sharing.

To all of you have not posted yet, I wish you a great Monday. Big hugs!!
              I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Monday December 4th

Wow, can't help you there Tracy. That really was a sweet post Paula, Thanks.

This Friday my husband and I threw a "Social" which is a get together for parents at my daughters school. Each grade has one once a year and I volunteered to host it for the grade PreK 3 year olds. This is my first year at this Catholic school so I thought it would be a good opportunity to get to know the other parents and well, score points with "the padre". We did it with the theme " A night at the Improv". I hired a hostess and 2 comedians to come and perform. I told them that the priest would be there and to please keep it clean.

Well....They didn't....big problem...

This first guy, bombed as everyone was afraid to laugh.

I had friends talk very closely with the priest so he could't hear everything that was going on. I had one of the homeroom moms sittting at my table with her head in her hands completely freaking out: I had people telling me how "brave" I was (translation--you are in deep doo doo) ; and I had people telling me to just start apoligizing now to the father.

Act 2

The father finished his dinner, came over and thanked us and left. Everyone was pounding and I mean pounding drinks. I was shocked and that's saying something. I'm saying the waitresses could not keep up!

The second guy comes on now and was even nastier than the first guy but, now everyone is laughing their heads off! Everyone proceeds to have a rip roaring time and stays till all hours.

I was afraid to go to mass yesterday but, I had three people come up to me and say what a great time they had and thank you. Now, I'm just waiting for the gossipers to start in... Well...at least they know me now!
                Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

Monday December 4th

Hey Lush! We were posting at the same time.
                  Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

Monday December 4th

Good morning muffs!!

Ok my turn to rant!! I HATE FLORIDA DOCTORS!! I swear. I may have mentioned that I had a sinus infection last week. Well it was actually more like (I hope you aren't eating here) I was hemoraging from my nose in the middle of the night thursday night and like...kinda freaking out. So....I call my ear, nose and throat doctor friday morning FIRST thing, and leave an URGENT message for the nurse, as I think my brain is coming out of my nasal cavity!!

No call back.

SO...I end up going to a walk in clinic. OK I get medicine and I am ok...good enough right???

10 am this wonderful monday morning I get a call from.....Cindy (nasally, obnoxiously sweet voice here)...

"I am just returning your call....you most definately most come in and see the doctor right away..."

UGHHHHHHHH

OK I am done ranting. Hope you all have a wonderful day!!

Beth
                    formerly known as bak310

Comment

Monday December 4th

Good Morning all,

Paula thank you that was lovely.

Tracy how do we get ourselves into these things? Good luck I know the answers in there somewhere.

Lush and Soccermom M -You guys have me in stitches over yesterdays posts. I did break down and bought the artificial tree. 9 ft tree with lights attached. That was fairly simply considering . . but I don't know it is too perfect. Even the lights are spaced perfectly. I called the guys ahead of time and said, I was going to be a traitor this year and make my life easier.

Lush and I had a discussion one time over late December birthdays. Mine is the 29th . . . let me just say, everyone is tired of parties, completely tapped out and as a child I got the Merry Christmas/ Happy Birthday routine. I always wanted to trade for a June birthday. My dad sure was crazy about me because I was due mid February so he got an excellent deduction that was totally unexpected.

Allie, my July was your April! springtime kids.

Precious, you tried! People probably did have a great time!

Beth, I am sorry you feeling so badly.

Judie, I am so sorry about that family.

Becca, glad things are going better.

Tumadre, Hawk, Mike, Rachele, Macks, Laura and all the rest, thinking of you hope you all have an excellent week.

Well, I have to rearrange my biking schedule as I popped my sacroiliac back out trying to help stabilize that tree in the box when a young man was trying to get it into my car. Could hardly breathe last night and decided it was a great time to have some alcohol. Did 2 double shots of whiskey, didn't make it any better though. Have to probably go to the therapist to get it popped back in. Talk about dumb, I do know better and I felt the pull. Before my PCL though, I could pop it back in all on it's own fairly easily and not have that catch your breath kind of pain. I mean I am not THAT OLD to fall apart like this!

Hugs and Love,
                      Mary

Comment

Monday December 4th

Hi all

Lovely to read all posts. Mary, when my sacro-iliac causes me trouble I lie on my back, bend one knee to my chest and stretch the other leg out straight. Is that what you used to do? ( It looks funny in the aisle on an aeroplane!!!!!) However, when it is really bad a physiotherapist has to twist me so that it will go back properly. You are not having much luck at the moment. Hope things improve soon.

Love to all as always
                        Waves x
                        Enough is enough

Comment

Monday December 4th

Oh, Waves, I didn't even get your name down before. Sorry sweetie,

I tried that last night didn't get it popped all the way back in. Airplanes do mess with it huh?

What I use to do and this is really cool, pops perfectly into place. It's my left side SI, so take my left leg and put my foot on a high counter top or the pool table, then drop the rest of my body down between my legs taking my left hand and reaching for my right foot . . make sense? pops back in fully every time. Can't do that one anymore.

Not tons of luck lately, but hey I think I am suppose to be learning something from all of it . . . ?? haven't taken the time to figure it out yet.

Love,
                          Mary

Comment

Monday December 4th

MKR, hope you get it to behave soon. It sounds painful.
                            We have a wonderful chiropractor in town here, Dr Bob. Wish I could send him to ya for a bit. He's great, and really a nice guy!

I woke up with a "code" in my "node". I can't breath, my throat hurts, head aches, ears are plugged.... WHHAAA!
                            No painting today. Gonna stay home & eat worms!
                            Ok, maybe I'll just drink some tea instead.

Hugs to everyone... but from afar... ya don't want this!
                            Love ya's!
                            The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Monday December 4th

Precious, that is a great story. My daughter goes to a Catholic school as well and our priest (actually a women) is such a prude. She "prefers" we not have wine and beer at our get togethers but we always do and people pound the drinks. What is with us Catholics??? Of course, I think most people do not drink as much as I do but that is another story. I cannot believe the nerve of those comedians being raunchy. We have a pretty liberal school so I think it would have been ok though. Good on you for organizing such an event. I did the auction project a couple of years ago and decided I will never do something that time consuming again, so I stick to bartending at the auction.

MKR and Waves, you MUST stop talking about popping things back into place. I have a thing about joints and bones that make me want to hurl. I am sorry you are having so many problems Mary. You must be so frustrated. And I hope your lights all stay lit on your tree.

Bak, I know doctors are overwhelmed and busy but there is no excuse for someone not calling you back sooner. I hope you are on the mend now.

Jude, I know you are sick of Christmas carols but I am telling you if you are a Sarah fan, you must go get the CD. It is awesome.

Okay, back to caramel making. Fa la, la, la, la!!!! SM-Mary, what goodies have YOU made so far??? You may have beat me in the tree department but I am going to win in the baking one.
                              I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Working...
                              X