Clear All

Monday Dec. 4

Lets just start over!

Nancy:l
    "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Monday Dec. 4

Okay I'll Start Over

I feel good and icky at the same time today. I have some issues to clear up at work ... part my fault a lot the organizations fault. I hate having things hanging so I'm really focusing on getthing things wrapped up today.

I wish I could hang out and post more about it... perhaps I can after lunch.

I feel good because my son and I are going to test for your Yellow Belt in Taekowndo / Hopkido on Saturday. We are all excited about that this week, and we will be practicing in the evenings every day this week.

So I have these mixed feelings going on today, I don't like them, but I'll work it through.

Thank you,
    I hope your day is good!
    Janet

Comment

Monday Dec. 4

I'm with you Nancy.
      I had a set-back at the weekend, but I'm not going to beat myself up about it.
      In the words of the song
      "Pick yourself up,dust yourself down and start all over again.

Comment

Monday Dec. 4

Hey everyone..and welcome newcomers..sorry, I've been AWOL for a few days..went to the mountains with my husband, 2 grandsons and 2 dogs..hiked a lot and ate a lot.

Hmm, I'm thinking of Nancy's question...I guess I wish I'd been more committed to recreation...in my wildest dreams, I would be a serious mountain hiker..going on adventure vacations..at 48 it seems like a distant dream. I don't have to be an extreme hiker, but am getting more serious about planning weekend trips. My husband is taking the lead with that..thus our last weekend away..so, it's never too late..I guess it boils down to committing to my deepest hearts' desires and allowing everything else that isn't in line to fall to the way side..this is a process and can be painful..it's amazing at what we attach to..you just don't know how much crap you are attached to until you start having to let go...you just can't have and be everything all at the same time...hard lesson for me! It's worth the sacrifice...sacrificing the crap, that is...in order to fully realize who you are..if you can un peel the onion that much...

so, I'm ramblng now...I think I have 7 weeks Abs today and feeling good other than the fact that I've been eating too much of the wrong foods..I'm feeling some pressure from the holidays as well..as much as I want to keep things simple and stay close to the deeper and more spiritual meaning of Xmas, I cannot seem to do that without some stress.

It's a new day and yes, picking ourselves up on a daily basis does become a habit after a while.
        :0)
        d

Comment

Monday Dec. 4

Can I move in?
          I got the ultimatum from husband: quit drinking or we're through.
          I've been screwing up with the drinking too much lately and know in my heart it's just time to stop the maddness and the struggling.
          So...... it will get easier, won't it? I CANNOT DRINK AGAIN. ever.

Comment

Monday Dec. 4

Hey Becca!

I'm so glad you are here and happy you are joining the Abbsville group!
            In my experience it has absolutely gotten easier. I tried having one or two drinks a night but kept slipping in a bottle here and there....and then more and more often
            I don't know if there is moderation in my future but I have no need to find out right now. I think today is day 37 af for me. I know that is not a huge amt. but I feel I've learned a lot about myself during that time.
            I was thinking about a dinner I will be going to on the 15th and I know there will be wine - it is for hanukah at a friend's house. I considered just having a glass to be polite and then thought why? Why do that? Will that make them happy? Most likely they don't care. Will it make me happy? No, most likely the opposite.
            So, I think I have decided I like being sober. It is so much easier.
            When I drink I usually want 'just a little more'. When I'm drinking, I can justify 'just a little more'. I've found having none is much simpler, much easier and takes out all the guesswork and inner dialogue that goes on.
            If I had wine at that dinner I would be thinking about the wine...should I have one more, am I drinking too fast or too slowly, is my face getting flushed....instead of enjoying the conversation.
            Anyway, sorry for going on and on but I'm just happy you decided to give it a try and say, yes, it gets much easier.
            :l
            Lisa

Comment

Monday Dec. 4

Hi to all, and Welcome Becca! I hope you will be able to make ABS your own over time.

I feel up to my ears in stuff!! The more I try to get organized, the more papers seem to appear to sort through!:exclaim: It's awfully frustrating. I feel like I could take a week off from work to get things together. At least I'm feeling more motivated again, though.

At any rate, I also wanted to say to Lisa that I really can relate to your thing about tornadoes that I read yesterday. Living down south helped me a lot with that, and so did watching the Weather Channel and learning more about them.

I hope that everyone that is struggling, whether with alcohol or other issues, is finding more clarity today. To everyone else, hope your day went well!

It's off to bed soon for me. Feeling a little less dopey today!

Hugs,

Kathy:l
              AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Monday Dec. 4

Hey Kate and Lisa,
                THANK YOU.
                I feel very much at peace with this decision. I cannot moderate without the topa, and I don't want to do the topa anymore, so here I am!
                I like the "choosing not to drink" mantra, Kate.
                I will be going to counselling and may even try the good old AA meetings. Can't hurt! I called for the meeting schedule today. I'm just SO TIRED of the dang dialogue every day.
                Hoping abs will be easier and peaceful. Bummer the moderation stopped working for me... guess I saw this coming.
                Well I chose not to drink today, and tomorrow I'll do the same. Choosing TO Drink would be choosing against my health and my safety and ultimately against my family. Not much of a choice, huh?

thanks again. :l

Comment

Monday Dec. 4

Becca, okay darling this is the season to make big decisions. I am behind you and supporting you all the way! Trust you inner knowing, and follow it. Let us know how you are doing. You do so much for others, both personally and professionally, truly a "giving" human being.
                  Love, Mona
                  Meow-Meow
                  MonaKitty

Comment

Monday Dec. 4

Just checking in. Forgot to post, but I am still hanging in there, everything is going quite well. See you tomorrow. Night!

Comment

Monday Dec. 4

I believe in you Becca! I know you can do this. I slid of the abs train Nov 22 again after 49 days. Find it taking its' toll on me emotionally, mentally, spiritually worse each time I fall. Felt like the walking dead Saturday morning. Flat out bankrupt inside. I happened to read something in the morning paper that day that struck a nerve in me about commitment and how our society lacks it. ME!! My commitment to anything important in life has dissolved. I knew in my heart that my sobriety needed to become #1 or I would never have a life again. I really needed face-to-face contact that morning. I looked up my local AA schedule online and attended an incredible meeting. (This after an 19 month ban on going to meetings!!) Two women were celebrating their 2 year and 6 year bdays. They spoke and gave me such hope. I stayed after the meeting and connected with several of the members. Went Sunday morning to a speaker meeting. Two women again were the speakers! I cried, I laughed....I felt at home. I realized how much I needed that bit of extra support in my program. I will definitely continue on here as well. I am at a crossroads where I need to choose life. It has come to that for me.

Comment

Monday Dec. 4

Thanks Gina for sharing... I believe in you! and Becca, and everyone else here who is sharing such incredible honesty and compassion. I just told my sister this morning that I want to be AF. She's the only person (other than you folks) that I've been honest with (about my drinking). Just wanted to say thanks.
                        Olly

Comment

Monday Dec. 4

First time for posting, Im at the of the road I cant go on as I am.
                          Ive bought the book and waiting for vitamins, I feel really scared, I keep reading all you posts,so from today I am going to do my best A.S

Comment

Monday Dec. 4

Hey amissue .......:welcome:

take a big breath .... this could be the start of something good .... it's actually not that scarey .... not after a while ......

As I said, welcome. Hop on board.

Comment

Monday Dec. 4

Becca

You can do this Becca.

Comment

Working...
                              X