Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tuesday, Dec. 5

Good morning everyone.

So glad to hear the news from Judie about the Kim family. I do hope they find the Dad soon. I must say I felt joy in my heart that they were found and they are ok. Fingers crossed for reuniting this family.

It made me think about how grateful I am for my family. And while they can get on my nerves sometimes, (show me a family where that doesn't happen) I deeply treasure all of them. Its good to be reminded of how much I have to be grateful for. And it's important to let them know -- because you just never know when life will throw you a curveball.

Thanks for the update Judie!

Becca - It sounds like you have peace with your decision and are doing it for all the right reasons. I wish you the very best as you go forward and do hope you'll still come back here to check in. You are too inspiring to lose!

Mary - Thanks for the encouraging words, as always.

Macks - Get the peas. Allie said said so. Hope you are OK.

Have a great day to everyone who checks in later. I'm grateful for you guys too!:l
    Hawk

Tuesday, Dec. 5

Good morning Hawk and all to come,

Nothing much to report yet today. That story about the missing family gave me pause this morning when I was getting irritated with hubby, that's for sure.

I am sure you will hear from me again today as I cannot seem to keep my mouth shut around here. Happy Tuesday. :l
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Tuesday, Dec. 5

Hiya Hawk and Lush..

Hope your both in fine fettle....Not a great deal happening in the mackeral house today...Which i like actually..You appreciate the quiet times around here..

Was just thinking how good this communitty actually is...I also go an a fishing forum...And i put the same quetion i did on here about the snip...All guys on there.....
      I dont think i got one straight answer....All i got was "I wouldnt let anyone do that to me" and the odd joke about it...

It's because we all have the same problem that empathy and compassion oozes from everyone...Its what makes us such a good group of people..

Just thinking out loud really..

Hope everyone has a great day..

P.S. 20 days till Christmas..AAAAAHHHHHHHH
      I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
      One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Tuesday, Dec. 5

Great news Judie, and yes your dream was very cool. You are totally in touch with the world in a special way.

Hawk, Lush and Macks, good to see you. There is so much compassion here you are right. so Macks was it yesterday or is next week Monday? I still say, you are a stand up guy.

Keeping it short and sweet this morning. Not to gross out Lush but hubby helped with my back last night and I am so good to go and can feel my leg today which is nice.

Curled up on the couch with a whiskey, water and kitty for over an hour and she just purred away. I think she will make it but she is just bones with a layer of fur when I pet her. I sure enjoyed that relaxing time.

I think I better be AF today as I have a dinner to go to on Wednesday evening, Friday evening my girlfriends, Saturday our anniversary, Sunday my in laws want to take us out for our anniversary. At this rate, I could be drinking daily which is not what mods looks like to me personally.

Everyone have a wonderfully sweet day.
        Mary

Comment

Tuesday, Dec. 5

Well today looks like a real mellow day for everyone all around. I'm sure we all could use it as we get ready to gear up for the holidays. I was actually feeling a little hyper but, now am quite relaxed. I just lite my apple cider candle at my desk and will now get back to work.

Love and kisses and happy, positive thoughts to all!
          Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

Tuesday, Dec. 5

Not much to report, other than, life is good right now. Who can ask for more than that?

Hugs,

Best
            "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

Tuesday, Dec. 5

Mellow Muffins?????

Hi all,

A mellow day hey? When I've been rushed off my feet all day practising the school play which will be performed for the next two evenings so I probably won't have time to read or post! BOO HOO!

Glad the back is a bit better today ,Mary.

Becca, Mods is allowed visitors from absville :the Queen of Luschiousness gave her permission. Seriously, I wish you all the best with it. It's true that when you know that you are not going to drink it is easier than drinking and stopping after a few- especially when you are feeling down. I'm glad your Dad is improving.

Have we heard any news on the dad of the family who were lost?

Love to all as always
              Waves xx
              Enough is enough

Comment

Tuesday, Dec. 5

Hi Everybody.

Well I didn't get get much sleep, still can't breath very well, this cold is a doozy... Feels like my heads gonna explode.

But I did lay in bed & appreciate the fact that I'm warm & cozy & snuggly w/my Hubby.

They are still searching for James Kim. Sounds like he's hopefully within 5 miles of the vehicle... It's too steep & rugged for the horses they've brought in, so the search is continuing on foot. But they have brought in more Search & Rescue, the National Guard,tracking teams & and dogs, as well continuing w/choppers, & a few rafts from below on the river.

I just wish they would mark the entrance on either end of Bear Camp Rd. This happens all too often. From looking @ the map it looks like a normal road, but it's treacherous in the winter. (even in the summer, if your not prepared for it) There was a motor home that had the brakes burn out coming down it this fall, that rolled 5 times, over the side of the Mt. Those people never should have been on that road.
                The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Tuesday, Dec. 5

Hi all,
                  I have something to add to the count your blessings with your family today. My son was injured at Day Care yesterday afternoon in a fluky playground accident. He was down on the ground for about 20 minutes. Luckily, my Hubby was able to get over there and check him out for any back injuries and get him off the ground. He ended up with a concussion and bruised ribs. They were very good to him at the emergency room and we were only there for about 2.5 hours, but when the doctor told him no McDonalds for dinner, he lost it. Toast and juice only, poor kid! He is pretty sore today, but he wanted to go to school. It was pretty dramatic and I?m sure he wants to tell everyone about it. Kids are amazing, if I took that kind of damage, I would be on pain meds for a week!

Mack, what is this about getting the snip. I am very proud of you. My hubby did it and I was really proud of him too. It takes a real man to get it done. And the frozen peas do work.

All for now,
                  Laura
                  Humor is just another defense against the universe!

Comment

Tuesday, Dec. 5

Hello all, Just checking in. I hate to say I dont know the story of the missing family - I assume it must be posted on these boards. I want to find it so I will read and come back. I love you all!
                    Jen
                    Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Tuesday, Dec. 5

Laura--I hope your little boy is okay! That is so scary--yes, kids are pretty resiliant..but still...when it's your kid!!
                      And I'm glad the family was found...now let's hope for the father!
                      Things are okay here---I too, had to "catch myself" when I found myself getting in an argument with my husband over something stupid...and I just should be glad he's here to argue with---or maybe just let it drop...be thankful...with a full heart...for this full life I have...
                      Okay---now, back to picking up the dogpoop in the backyard...(Mack, you'll be able to get out of several chores for at least a few days after your "procedure"
                      Love to you all..you mean the world to me.
                      sm-mary

Comment

Tuesday, Dec. 5

Laura, I'm glad your little guy is ok too. How scarey. Amazing how resiliant kids can be.

Oh, if anyone would like ... just found this web site NWCN.com | News for Seattle, Washington To check out the story & progress on the search for the Kim family.
                        Wish they'd find him already!! At least the weather's a bit warmer, but the longer this goes...:crossed: :h
                        The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Tuesday, Dec. 5

Laura, I am sorry to hear about your son but it sounds like he has rebounded well. It is amazing the cuts and bruises kids get that look so painful and they just blow them off.

Waves, did your mom make it home okay? Did you tell her to stop worrying you by staying out too late? I was always my mom's caretaker as well. Used to worry waaaayyy too much about her growing up. I do not think my daughter will think twice about me when she is out of the house!

SM, I see you ignored my comment yesterday about beating you in the baking department since you seem to think you beat me in the Christmas tree department. Not feeling competitive anymore?

MKR, glad it sounds like you are feeling more pain-free today and I thank you for not going into detail about what bones or joints he manipulated or popped. Ick.

I also would like to thank all of you that are addressing me with the proper formal titles I am so richly deserving of. I always know I can come on here for a little self-esteem boosting.

Fan, where did you go and hide? Rachele, once again you are too quiet. Allie??? Are we now having a Tuesday snuggle? Cheesh. Becca, hope you are doing okay. I know you are down and I know this is so hard. I hope you will find the answer for yourself.

Back to more baking........Oh and PP thanks for the reminder I need some smelly Christmas candles in my office. I think that will help my mood while working.
                          I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Tuesday, Dec. 5

...Oh, Lushy...didn't want to hurt your feelings..
                            MY bakings done.

Comment

Tuesday, Dec. 5

Torture

Torture is listening to your mum and hubby discussing politics at 12:55 am. Yes Your Graciousness my mum did appear. Who will be most offended when I come off here and retire I wonder!!!!!!!!!!! Mum or hubby?

Night all. No news from me now until Friday or so. Mary, we will continue the discussion on popping of backs, stretches etc, specifically to make our Gracious queenie " hurrrrrrrl":H

SM I cannot believe that you are setting yourself up in a baking competition against the Queen Of Tarts!!!!!!!! Be careful how you read that!!!!

Only joking Luschious. You know me!

I'm glad I don't often post after a drink having read this post back!
                              Enough is enough

Comment

Working...
                              X