Switching to moderation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Switching to moderation

Went 6 weeks AF. Flew to a destination wedding and decided to drink with my wife.

All went well, had fun. Was hung over the next day in which we had to travel back.

All in all, I feel good. I had a lot but was under control and remember everything about the night.

This week is ok and I think I can moderate by only drinking when it is appropriate. My wife is keeping a close eye on me so that is good. No more sitting in the garage by myself with a 12 pack.

I do not want alcohol run my life again. Wish me luck. I am not physically dependant anymore so that is good.
    Starting over again 09/06/11

"When its good its good its so good until it goes bad" Pink,Sober

sigpic

Switching to moderation

Awesome job on the six weeks change!!! That is quite something. I hope moderation will work for you, and if it doesn't I hope you will be of the mindset to jump back on the abs wagon. You have proved you can do it.....keep us posted.
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Switching to moderation

Hiya Change,

I'm attempting the same thing at the moment...Let us know how you do and the best of luck
      I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
      One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Switching to moderation

Welcome! I have seen you "around " before, nice to have you. Start posting on our daily thread so we can chat some more.
        Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

Switching to moderation

Change 6 weeks Congratulations! Welcome to mods!

Comment

Switching to moderation

Congratulations, Change! Good luck, and keep us posted!

Best
            "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

Switching to moderation

Well Change, your post was about right up my alley. I, too, remember sitting the the garage with a 12 pack. Not a pretty sight to say the least. I was so physically dependent on the booze that I would have 3-4 before hitting the door for work at 6am. AND making sure I stopped at the C-store to pick up another 6 pack or at least a few 16ozers to slam during my shift, just to keep the shakes down until I could get my fix after work...Well, I had 5 yesterday and have had probably 12 in the last 3-4 days. That is good for me!! How sorry is that?? Anyway, my wife found this site and I really like it. and she is keeping an eye out for me also. Notice I said out for me not ON ME..When I trip I just make sure I dont drag myself through the muck. I just pick myself up and start again. Who said it was gonna be easy??? But hey, that`s just me...Rogue

Comment

Switching to moderation

Welcome Change & Hawk to mods.

I'm sure that you will get lots of support & help, and hopefully some giggles along the way.

Paula xx
                sigpicXXX

Comment

Switching to moderation

Thank You all for posting. I'll keep you posted.

End ogf the day today and realy want a drink but I will eat instead.

sigpic

Comment

Switching to moderation

Hi Change - Congrats on 6 weeks - thats awesome. Welcome Rogue!
                    Hawk

Comment

Switching to moderation

Drank 5 beers at party last night over 4 hours. not bad.

I am drinking socially which is good.

sigpic

Comment

Switching to moderation

It sounds like you are living up to your cyber name. Well done so far and good luck over the Christmas period.
                        Enough is enough

Comment

Switching to moderation

Welcome Change and RogueHawk!! Congratulations on your successes! I too am a moderation and joined the forum about a month and a half ago. It is really working well for me. I find this forum inspirational and has really helped me to continue to reach current goals and stretch for more. Wish you best of luck!

MM
                          Saving the day one minute at a time!

Comment

Switching to moderation

I Agree Mighty, This website is great.

sigpic

Comment

Switching to moderation

Hey Change, great to see ya again! Sounds like your'e doing well. The Holidays can be definately be a mixed blessing for me...
                              All the support here really helps, (even when I don't feel like coming on & fessing up!) It's a great place!

Rogue good to see ya again. River's risin'... hope you're not too close to the banks! Hope to catch ya soon again in chat.
                              The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Working...
                              X