Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday, December 8

Good Mornin' Absville,

Lucky me, I get to start a new thread and a yet another day...AF!! Woo-hoo. (I can't help but dancing in my chair and singing "I feeeeel good... I knew that I would now.... so good! so good!.... I've got "you")

Anyway, this will be a new thread without a proper start. I HAVE GOT to get off this computer and get to the gym. I'm still struggling with my new "time management delima" now that I've started a gym routine AND signed up here at MWO at the same time.

So, will someone please step in and get this party started??

Olly

Friday, December 8

i feel good:happy: i feel good:happy:

cause I've got you :wow::wow:

shoot - they don't write numbers like that anymore.

Comment

Friday, December 8

Olly & Tawny.....

Smiling at your posts.......but with this only being Day 3 AF, I'm afraid I'm feeling less than good...nevertheless, I know what awaits on the other side. So, I will be patient and wait and know that in a few days I, too, will "Feel Good". Thanks for the uplifting message.......hoping to be there soon!

:l Scarlet

Comment

Friday, December 8

First timer...not sure if this is correct MYO ettiquette but found website a few days ago and plucked up C. to join and now write. Have tried willpower, herbal supps, excess sleeping, and on and on to stop my terrible binge drinking, but no joy so far...like wot I read here though, have bought l gutamine, started baclofen and going for hpno next week and picking up kudzu tomorrow...mantra....please work, please work, please work...prayer to God, Buddah, Allah or any deity that can be bothered to listen really!!!!!! Thanks all for the messages..very heartening to read weemelonhead

Comment

Friday, December 8

:welcome:

Hi weemelonhead! Luv your username! I am a newbie too.......three days into it. You'll a lot of support here, and it sounds like you are well into getting on the right track!

Keep in touch.......

Scarlet

Comment

Friday, December 8

p.s Thank you Mona for your message...I'll see your welcome and raise you a hug!!

Comment

Friday, December 8

Good morning Olly and Tawny,

Scarlet -- Day 3 was just last week for me, and I felt horrible, too. I'm on AF day 11 now, and I can tell you, you'll feel a whole lot better in a short time. Stick with it, don't give up! I'm saying that to myself, too!

You know what's funny about "feeling good"........I'm forgetting how lousy I felt while on that downward spiral of daily drinking.......In the past few days, I've thought "Oh, it would be nice to sit and relax with a glass of wine". What in the world would make me think that I could drink ONE glass!!! I know others have addressed this problem on the boards. It's so true. It's amazing how our minds rationalize our cravings.

Thank goodness for these boards, and the support I've found here.

Grace

Comment

Friday, December 8

Hi Scarlett...ta for that...I will probably be a MYO bore for the first few weeks...I have a feeling that this is really going to help me through the tough bit...can't even imagine a life without booze so will be clutching wildly at any support....is this wot any one else feels? I must admit...I feel a right pathetic loser at not having the self control I so obviously need!!!

Comment

Friday, December 8

Grace...I'm right with you on that...even now as I write..I'm thinking it would be so much easier to give up the vino as long as I can drink while I'm doing it...???Crazy??? Thank you everyone for being so honest on these pages...keep going with it folks, and may every day get better and easier xxx

Comment

Friday, December 8

Welcome weemelonhead! We must have been posting at the same time!

No, drinking while quitting is probably NOT a good idea........HA! Although, this is kind of what I did when I tapered down a few days before going totally AF.

Grace

Comment

Friday, December 8

Right..I promise faithfully that this will be my last load of waffle today...it's ten to two A bloomin' M and I am still awake...am not used to going to sleep without the aid of 25 units of the red stuff...thought the baclofen might help as it's supposed to make u drowsy but I have the AF fidgets...hopping around like a performing flea to be more precise...perhaps I'll take up midnight salsa dancing...might as well get a hobby now I have all this extra time in the day!! Never had a hobby before, too busy going to the liquor store and downing the results! Night all...........................

Comment

Friday, December 8

Good Morning All,

Nice to see the board all lit up this morning! I?m early into this too--today is my day 7. Could not have imagined that week before last. First comes the will, the determination, then the support and program of MYO. Beginning Allen Carr?s book , The Easy Way to Stop Drinking? mentioned favorably in several other threads elsewhere on this board. And by golly, even joined a gym too. So Olly, I?ve got to sign off, and see if I can get my duff over there as well. Here?s to us!

Capto

Comment

Friday, December 8

Wow, lots of activity today. We've got the weekend upon us, so this will be tough, but I am going to fight on. Hoping my second order of Kudzu comes in the mail today!

Day 13 AF for me, almost half way to my goal! Have a good one everybody.

Comment

Friday, December 8

FRIDAY, Dec 8

Hiya everybody,

Welcome to newcomers. Sorry do not have paper to write down all your names - olly (olly oxen free), weemelonhead (like who can forget that), andy (are there really like a thousand of you?), and TAWNY??? Tawny, I must start getting up earlier - I miss my 5 am chats with you. Been a bit of a slug lately due to that insomnia thing.

Speaking of which, not going to post much. Did not sleep well last night. Drank my valerian tea. Took the non-addictive medication at a dose large enough to make a moose stumble, but to no avail. Got in bed at 10, like a good pansy, watched ER - and then tried to sleep. At 3, I realized that not only was my book boring - the medication was making my eyes all blurry - like in the cartoons when they are depicting the crazed acid freak waving hands in front of face - just no pretty colors. Damn - so wanted to be up at 5 so could discuss spreadsheets at 7. Crappola - my spreadsheets were GOOD.

Anyway - I took my 50 mg topa (upped dose). I may drink tonight - will not do the stronger medication for sleep. Bad news. Wine and that stuff = bad news. I am still wondering why UPS man waved at me so enthusiastically this week - I have NOT gotten toasted and watched and shopping channels ... I KNOW this.

Wishing all a good evening - and admiring the selection of such creative names. Weemelonhead - I think I have an avatar for you ...lol

Peace,
                            Pansy

Comment

Friday, December 8

Happy to see everyone here too. I'm at work but thought I'd take a quick break. We had our office Christmas party today - early I know but with vacations etc it just worked out this way. I'm glad I'm meeting my trainer at the gym today! I knew I'd gone too far when I reached for the chocolate coverd cheesecake christmas tree.....yep, ate it all.
                              We exchanged gifts too. I got two coffee mugs with hot cocco and marshmallows, a pair of earrings, and one of those glade scented oil candles.....better than Christmas morning!
                              It was nice. I have an office of 11...all ladies. And luckily - most can really cook too.

Anyway - just want to say GOOD JOB to everyone! Keep it up!! No drinking today = no hangover tomorrow. I try to focus on the reward!
                              Hope you are all doing well. I'm going to try to catch up later here. Sorry if I have been a bit out of it - or at least I feel that I am...maybe just me. Hav a great rest of your day!

Lisa

Comment

Working...
                              X