walking thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

walking thread

anyone interested in walking? I see theres alot of joggers about but where are the walkers? I love a long fast walk and intend to walk 45 mins a day at least 5 days a week, more if I can anyone want to join me? I want to try to loose a stone in weight from giving up the alcohol and exercising more. Today was day 3 of my new walking regime . Hop on board any interested walkers!
    Turn all your lemons into lemonade

walking thread

I'll join u. I used to do volksmarching a lot. Ever heard of that?

Comment

walking thread

I'll join too. Did a 45 minutes walk yesterday in the big town of Maniwaki, Quebec. Hubby was doing some business there and I spent time exploring the town. Today it's one hour of zumba but walking is my favorite thing to do. What is Volkswalking ???
      Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
      ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

walking thread

I'll join in, too- I usually walk/jog 3 miles a day-about 45min's..Just did two today-as my allergies are starting to act up.
        It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

walking thread

Volksmarches are 10k walks. They originated in Germany where people walked town to town. But they do it everywhere now. They have Volksmarch clubs all over the U.S. In the U.S. the magazine that has them is called the Pathfinder-not a religious tract but one devoted to volksmarching. They also have volksbiking and different events.

Comment

walking thread

Hi. For the past three months I have been walking at least an hour a day. I walk in the woods and love the trees and it's good for my health and I am reducing weight so I am happy to join the walking group. Great idea

Comment

walking thread

oh this is great!
              Volksmarches, sounds like alot of fun.
              Whats zumba Tipp, I have heard of it but havent a clue what it is.
              Newgrange, that sounds wonderful, the woods.
              Fluff, 2 in one day, go you!!
              Im going to weigh myself this morning for the first time in ages, time for me to face the music and see what load I have to tackle!Then I might have to up my walking to one hour, lol!

Comment

walking thread

Hey MizzFitt and all you other walking-fans,

I love walking, both for fitness, pure enjoyment and also saving money - I live in London, so travel is extortionate! I try to walk as much as I can, though I haven't had a regime as such. At least once a week I power walk for 2 hours to my therapist across town. Most other days I walk for about 30 mins though I want to increase this.

I used to walk every day for at least an hour - I'd love to start doing that again (I was getting thinner ) - or maybe 5 days a week or something- so I'd love to join your thread to motivate me. I don't really know why I need motivation as I always love it when I'm doing it, but some days I do need to shoehorn myself out of the door!

K x
                Recovery Coaching website

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

Comment

walking thread

Im the same Kimberly, I love a walk but I got so lazy also im very extreme, if im going to be a boozy unhealthy cow I will be , now I want to be a slim trim healthy mere! Check in here a few times a week and we will keep an eye on each other .xx

Comment

walking thread

Hi walkers! Did 3 miles today...and...some push-ups!( on the stairs...)
                    It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

walking thread

push ups! I can see this getting competitive! Well done, feels great doesnt it, taking control?
                      Were on a roll girls!!

Comment

walking thread

Oh really Fluff - trust you to jump in there and upstage us all What's a push-up?! :H

It'll be nice to check in here and see what people are doing. I only actually walked to the park and back today (10 mins either way), but we played tennis in the park for about an hour and a half. Only a knockabout really, and I think most of my energy was expended on running to collect the balls I hit over the court's fence. Yep - I'm out of practice!

K x
                        Recovery Coaching website

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

Comment

walking thread

walked about 8 k today. feeling good. fresh air works wonders

Comment

walking thread

8k , wow. How often do you walk that length, How long does it take you? Thats a long walk.
                            Kimberley, getting ready for Wimbledon then eh? lol! It all helps, must go play tennis myself soon tho I think my experiences will be much like yours !

Comment

walking thread

What a wonderful idea! I want to join in too. I have been walking already, but love encoragment. I am out of town but plan to walk today.

Comment

Working...
                              X