Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunday, the 10th

OK, Morning Glories--

Welcome to today! I'm up uncharacteristically early to work on the decontamination project. So far I'm breathing fairly easily but I have a lot of red spots on my face. I must have touched the dust and then brushed my hair out of my eyes. Gotta watch that. Hubby + Kid did help a little yesterday. They cleaned the puppy's exercise pen. Today is boot camp for them!

I'm doing ok on the drinking front but I'm a little concerned about how well I'm going to hold out when I get to SF later this month and I just must! Not that anyone is going to be offering me a drink, for the most part, they won't do this. I just have to avoid asking for drinks or sneaking them. Unfortunately, my husband regresses when he is around his dad and becomes surly. That makes me really tense and makes having a drink all that much more tempting.

Gypsi, I just want you to know that you are in my thoughts every day. I'm sending you and your husband warm and healing thoughts--wrapped with a big, red bow! Hang in there, sweetie.

:heart: E

Sunday, the 10th

E, how much sense does it make for you to be cleaning dust when you are allergic to it? Is there not someone else around who can help you out? There was sanding done at some point in this kitchen project, and there was a thin dust on everything. Yesterday the tile man came early and then went away to "check on another job," then never came back. He told the contractor his wife was in a wreck. Likely story! So I don't expect him today either, and this mess is making me surly (a really descriptive word, by the way. I could imaging your husband's dad when you used it.) Anyway SF is such a beautiful place. Take yourself to the garden and get a cup of tea. I've got tibetan monks on my ipod, and it sort of zones me. I'm starting to sound really new agey here, but we're all trying to learn how to deal with stress without pouring. Thanks for your PM. I loved your post about the waitress thing. It was a perfect decompressor.

Good morning, mods. I am thinking today especially of gypsi. I'm sending healing vibes your way.

Comment

Sunday, the 10th

Morning' Glories..
      I just can't keep up with everyone personally right now..but want to send a special hug to Gypsi..and big hugs to everyone who needs them and big cheers to everyone who wants them!

I'm doing pretty good..spent all day decorating the house and enjoyed it..got a little cranky with tangled Xmas lights...just have no patience sometimes with things like that! I'm trying more and more to live in the moment, because it's the only thing that is really real...I experience occassional milleseconds of 'it' and know it is the only way to peace...I think I'm over the holiday stress..just decided not to go there once I remember that I have a choice...of course, I have to remind my self of that fact every day!

I'm going on 9 weeks of ABs..(I think...my official AF/AB day was Oct 16th). It's really very nice to just eliminate the 'issue' all together be closing the door on it...for me, life is just too damned short to be doing battle with the 'A'..I feel the energy being redirected..granted..it's still a little blurry as to where that energy is going, but at least it isn't to the battlefield, and for that, I'm grateful.

Have a lovely Sunday friend!
      Di

Comment

Sunday, the 10th

Good Morning All ?

First off, a warm hug and special thoughts to Gypsi. My thoughts are with you.

It?s a nice day here ? cold ? but nice. I had a Christmas party to attend last evening and while I did exceed my goal of 3 drinks (only by 2), I left the party able to carry on a conversation with my husband (and that doesn?t always happen). I had a good nights sleep and woke up with no hangover and no regrets. It?s a good feeling to remember the party and not feel like crap the next day. I am grateful for the tools I am learning here.

E ? Please be careful on the cleanup! Yikes! We did some renovation at in an old house once and tons of dust and ?stuff? everywhere. You never know what?s in those walls (especially if its an older building). I ?came to Jesus? pretty fast on that one and recognized that I needed a pro to come in and clean up the stuff. Don?t take chances with your health. (And don?t hire Fsophiah?s contractor?.)

Fsophiah ? Checking on another job?..yeah?..he must be with my guy ? he left to check on another job too. I think that is contractor code for ?see ya lady.? :durn: I hope you find someone to help you soon. I know how frustrating that is!

Di ? 9 weeks!!!! Congratulations! :happy: That?s awesome. I love your statement about living in the moment because its real. That is so true and I often forget that ? so thank you for reminding me. It?s a great way to start a day.

Macks ? good luck with the snip ? I hope it goes well.

To everyone who has yet to get here, have a wonderful day and like Di says, live in the moment. Enjoy now.

Lush - I am finally going to get those Christmas decorations done today!
        Hawk

Comment

Sunday, the 10th

Good morning, or afternoon??

It is officially after "noon" here, but I know its still morning for lots, so I'll stick with the "morning" thing.

E- you need one of those masks that doctors wear -- who cares what they look like, they work!

I dont have much time, but nutshell is that I had 30 people over for dinner last night and never had time to finish the first glass of wine that I poured before they all arrived! (although I was wanting another one so bad). Then we all loaded up in our cars and drove to the beach to watch the space shuttle launch --- what an awesome sight!! We live about 100 miles from where it launched here in Florida, and we drove to the beach and stood there on the shore and watched it go.... absolutely incredible! The kids were so stoked. I've never seen one launch before, so it was really, really awesome.

So after everyone left, except my brother and his family as they are staying with us for the weekend, my husband and brother went outside to smoke their expensive "cigars" and my sister-in-law and I finally donned our jackets and went out their with them. We laughed and had the best time, and we ended up popping open a few bottles of wine at about 1:00 in the morning and we stayed up and talked and laughed until 4 a.m.! Havent stayed up that late in quite a while...

I only had two glasses out of that though, and went to bed thoroughly exhausted in the wee hours of this morning, but clear headed. We all slept until around 11 a.m, and now we are all taking turns in the shower and making pot after pot of coffee! Should be a fun day as well. We are all pitching and getting my Mom the big Ipod for Christimas, so we are heading out soon to go buy it and get it wrapped, etc. We are all meeting for a really late lunch in a few hours and are going to give it to her early as she loves to borrow mine when she has her chemo treatments. I've done really well with the drinking all weekend and sticking to my limit, and the rewards of the fun weekend I've had as a result of not being hungover all day has been awesome. I'm just tired as all, but I can rest tomorrow.

Hope everyone had a good weekend and is enjoying their "milliseconds"! Those milliseconds are precious.

Allie
          What happens in Vegas goes straight to Ohio....

Comment

Sunday, the 10th

Allie!!!

I too saw the launch as well last night!! Awesome!!! Hubby and I went to Jupiter (at town in Florida, not the planet for all you out of Florida people), and had an awesome view right over the Jupiter lighthouse from a restaurant there....simply amazing. I never saw anything like that!!! Just this hugh orange streak in the sky. It was really something. And, I was completely AF, so I really got to enjoy the entire evening. We also had an amazing laugh. We were at a lovely restaurant, but at a nearby table was a woman who was sitting with pants cut so low that she was actually sitting ON them, and her thong underwear (red of course) were so high on her back that she seriously was exhibiting her entire backside to everyone in the restaurant. So, I guess you could say we saw the launch, the stars, and definately the MOON last night LOL. It was a wonderful evening, and I so appreciate how nice it can be to not drink.

Very good mood here today. Planning to go to the mall to get some (last minute) Channukah gifts for my kids. My daughter loves the "pink" (supports breast cancer) selection of jammies from Victoria Secret, so I know I will stop there. Don't know what else for her. My son is easier..we are almost done for him.

Love to all!!!

Beth
            formerly known as bak310

Comment

Sunday, the 10th

Hey everybody! No I didn't fall off of the earth... but I sure felt like it for the past few days... Feeling better now, almost back to being my fiesty little self again. Having this cold and feeling like crap, I slacked off on my supps & tried self medicatiting like I used to do in the old days. It still doesn't work!

Allie thanks for the wonderful post. I'm so glad to hear your having a nice time with your family.

Gypsi, thinking of you, as always. Hope your able to spend some quality time as well. You so deserve it sweetie.

Hugs to everyone, sorry I've been a scroog lately... Gotta go try to get in the spirit for work... still fightin this wicked cold, but it's getting better.

Love ya all!
              :l Judie
              The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Sunday, the 10th

Beth, your story absolutely cracked me up about the low cut pants. You gotta be careful with those kind of pants, that's for sure. You and Allie sound like you are doing so well with moderating. Good job guys. Allie, you sound like you have so much energy for having gone to bed at 4am. I have not stayed up that late since college.

Went to my cookie party Friday night and was pretty good with not drinking too much. I pounded tons of water which was helpful. Then someone opened a bottle of red champagne, made out of shiraz. Yuck, yuck, yuck. Nothing worse than cold bubbly red wine so that helped to keep consumption low as well (not as good as the rest of you though it sounds like). I did get two votes for first place with my caramels but the winner was the hostess who made white chocolate raspberry cookies that were just delish.

Hawk, I expect photos posted on here tomorrow of your decorations that I know all got put up today. Good luck.

Di, good to see you today. No scrooges allowed around here though. Although I know the frustration of those damn lights. 9 weeks AF is just simply awesome.

E, sounds like you have a severe allergy to dust. What a huge pain. I see what my husband goes through with his asthma and allergies when we clean house and it is a mess. However, it does not give him an excuse to not help clean around here!

Sophia, I just got some CDs with tibetan monk bell ringing sort of sounds on there. I plan to really get serious about listening to them in January. I think it is very peaceful.

Jude, sorry you have been so sick. Isn't it ridiculous how we think wine will make us feel better when we are sick? Glad you are on the mend.

SM - no news on your decorating front? We should be completely done by the end of today with everything. We just have too many decorations. Aside from the caramels I have done no baking and not one card so I will confess I am not as perfect as I try to portray.

To everyone else here's to a nice and peaceful Sunday.

Gypsi, as always you are in my thoughts and prayers so much. Be well.

Hugs!!!
                I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Sunday, the 10th

Attached files [img]/converted_files/161722=252-attachment.jpg[/img]
                  :h :h :h :h

Comment

Working...
                  X