Off to run the Rotorua Marathon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tomorrow is my first ever full marathon - I really dont know how I'll do. I am fine running the half marathon but this is a whole new "ball-game" I'm feeling abit run down at the moment, am starting with a cold ( which I dont normally get). Feeling nervous but excited. If I can do this I can do anything. Will check in tomorrow and tell you how I went.

Omg.....good luck you!! I will say a prayer for you, where is the marathon? You are one brave motha!
    Turn all your lemons into lemonade

Comment

Good luck, Mum!! You must be so excited. I am planning to run my first full marathon in November. I've run several half-marathons but never a full.

I'll be running a 10-mile race on Sunday so I'll be thinking of you!!
      John
      AF since 7/13/2010

Comment

Thankyou so much! - I did it too, I ran the Rotorua Full Marathon yesterday in 4.38.10 - I ran all the way. My husband Cried at the finish line when I came through the timer. After running 5 halves - I never ever thought I could do it... but I did. Not bad for a 44 year old previously obese Mum of 6, even if I say so myself. I never acknowledge my own acheivements but today I am proud.

Comment

Bravo! congratulations. I've not gone further than 10 miles (16 kms) and that's a rare event, too. You've got my respect and admiration. Completing a marathon takes huge drive and determination; well done, mumofsix.
          Resisting all Magical Thinking...one day at a time

Comment

Mo6 - wow!!! That is a fabulous achievement! Congratulations to you!!!

(and Rotorua is a hard one - so double congrats!!!!)
            Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Miss Behaving;1107460 wrote: Mo6 - wow!!! That is a fabulous achievement! Congratulations to you!!!

(and Rotorua is a hard one - so double congrats!!!!)
              The hills around the back of the lake that everyone "talks" about I found easy - mainly because I run the King Country Hills and if you know anything about the King Country it has LOTS of hills and big ones. I have to admit it made me feel guilty as I was running about how well my body was performing and how shitty I sometimes treat it binging with alcohol. I should treat myself in such a more loving way. Oh well first full marathon done and dusted.

Comment

Well done momof6, great achievement, and why shouldn't you be proud, well done.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

life

mumofsix;1107423 wrote: Thankyou so much! - I did it too, I ran the Rotorua Full Marathon yesterday in 4.38.10 - I ran all the way. My husband Cried at the finish line when I came through the timer. After running 5 halves - I never ever thought I could do it... but I did. Not bad for a 44 year old previously obese Mum of 6, even if I say so myself. I never acknowledge my own acheivements but today I am proud.
                  :goodjob:mumof6 it is a big accomplishment,gyco

Comment

Sensational MO6!

Congratulation's, and well done. Take your time with your marathon recovery.

Best wishes, G-bloke.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Guitarista;1107597 wrote: Sensational MO6!

Congratulation's, and well done. Take your time with your marathon recovery.

Best wishes, G-bloke.
                      THANKYOU - Yip just went for a short 15k run this morning (dont know what that is in miles sorry) I DID NOT know running 42ks would make my toenails black lol I think they may come off! All sore muscles gone now so back into it I go.

Comment

That is fantastic! What an achievement ~ and to touch your husband so deeply is so heartwarming! Yay!
                        sigpic
                        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Working...
                        X