Monday, December 11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monday, December 11

Good Morning!! Two more weeks until Christmas ...

No, I do not have my shopping done.

Just a quick Monday welcome. I am a bit late in getting up and should be at work already. I suppose that actually sleeping (8 hours!) and being functional is better than NO sleep and being to work on time, in which case I would get naught done.

Today is another AF day for me, I can say with a fair degree of resolve. Of course, will come back and fess up if it just ain't so. So, this will be 3 AF days in a row. I don't usually make a big deal of counting my consecutive days, but for this abs period, it will be nice to see 6 or 7 stack up fairly regularly.

Hoping that everyone I have met on the board has a great Monday and that all is well with you. Have a wonderful start to a wonderful week!!

Hugs to all,
    Pansy

Things I wanna get done this - PUH-LEAZE!
    Welcome more newbies.
    Get in exercise everday 30 minutes.
    Get my sleep schedule a bit more in swing (asleep at right time, UP at right time).
    Order all presents.
    Clean house top to bottom.

Okay, gotta go!!
    Peace to everyone!

Monday, December 11

Hello All!

Good morning, Pansy. Glad to see you here, and starting things off this morning. Also glad to see that you got a full 8 hours of sleep last night -- I've been reading about your struggle with insomnia, and can relate, as I've had times of "early waking" on and off thru the years. Good, restful sleep is a much cherished and sought out commodity!

I'm officially on day AF 14 -- same as our friend Olly (I think). Where is Olly? Maybe at the gym this morning?

Hope you all (Pansy, and all who haven't checked in yet) have a great day, and get to check off lots of blocks on your "to do" lists!
    Grace

Comment

Monday, December 11

Good Morning!

It's always a good morning, I'm finding now, when it's a morning after an AF night. Finally double digit AF for me, Day 10--it seems like 10 weeks. Oh well, had we not been complaining as we got older that the days just seemed to "fly by?"

I'm impressed by the generosity and depth of thought given by so many of the regulars to this forum and others at this site.

Here's to us, and have a great day.

Cap

Comment

Monday, December 11

Last night I had to (some logic, eh?) finish the last glass of wine in the bottle from the previous night and I don't know why but I struggled to drink the one glass. Maybe I am getting the new brain I wanted. Yippee! No wine in the house now and I do not plan to purchase any.

I am reading the Alan Carr book, Quit Drinking the Easy Way, and IT MAKES SO MUCH SENSE! He even tells you not to cut back or quit drinking until you have finished the book, but to read when not drinking of course. I am feeling confident I can and will get this monkey off my back. I did not realize the book would have the emphasis on abs but I am ok with that because Alan provides good reason. Ordered Campral before I even started the book so looks like I am pretty serious with abs. I get so much good information through the boards. I would have never known about the book without Mikeupnorth I think it was. And X got me into the Centerpointe Research CD's, and Kate got me all inspired about Campral due to her success. So, despite the insanity of the boards sometimes, it is a good place to be.

Be well-
        lucky

P.S. Isn't my duck adorable dressed up for Christmas? LMAO because that is SOOO NOT ME!

Comment

Monday, December 11

Good Monday all,

It's been busy around here.....went out of town last Friday and then had company over the weekend.

I have been reading here and thinking.
          So much has gone on on these boards in the past eight months that I have been here. I have learned a lot from RJ and her book and from the people on here.
          I've connected on "heart" level with some of you and I hope and pray that something I've shared has been helpful to someone ....
          I'm understanding where some of "the oldies" were coming from a few months ago when they got some AF days and months under their belts, so to speak.
          I still love to come here and be with you who are sincere and want help and also want to help others.

The next few weeks will be busy here, but know that I'm here when I can be and plan to be AF all through the holidays.

:h to all who come here....post or no!
          Nancy & Belle:l
          "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Monday, December 11

Hi and good morning. It's nice to see some new, but long time MWO'ers here. Lucky, it sounds like you are getting your toolbox in order. I have found the Campral very helpful when I am serious about Abs and when I am taking it regularly.
            Grace~2 weeks is fantastic! Keep it up.
            Capto~10 days for me too. Starting to feel back on track again.
            I ordered a book called "The Spirituality of Imperfection" on Amazon this am. The reviews piqued my interest. May add Allen Carr's book to my order.
            My house feels like a cesspool of multiple viruses. Kids have had terrible colds, wheezing, sore throats, vomiting and diarrhea off and on over the past week. Loads of fun. Today, I only have my 13 yo home with me. Hopefully, he'll be strong enough to return to school tomorrow.
            Still thinking today of the crossing guard I saw Friday afternoon by my kids' school. He was being given a sobriety test by an officer and failing miserably. Feel sad for him.
            Hope you all have a great day.

Comment

Monday, December 11

Sorry, I've been away for a few days. Well, after two weeks of abs, I finally had some drinks on Friday and Sat. night. Nothing too crazy, and I made the decision to have the drinks on my own: I wasn't consumed by a craving or anything like that. I had five drinks on Friday night and three on Sat. Felt a little guilty, but I've come a long way. Typically, I would have drank 2x that much in a weekend. Anyway, I'll be abs for the rest of the week.

Just got the starter M Pack and hoping the additional supps will work out.

Oh yeah, something happened while I was drinking --- I got really dizy and I don't know if I was drunk or not after just a few drinks. Perhaps the layoff affected my tolerance?? Anyone else peeing green after taking the vitamins??
              -Andy

Comment

Monday, December 11

Hi all:

Tried to moderate last week and did well until Saturday night...then blew it all to hell. So here I am. Starting all over. I am so mad at myself...I had 40 days AF! Well, at least I really know the truth (as if I did not before). I can NOT moderate. I make myself sick.

Andy111-have not heard of green pee, but someone else was complaing about the other body waste being green. I think this was back in late Oct or early Nov. and I am not sure what became of it.

Comment

Monday, December 11

Lucky, your duck looks adorable. Wish I could get Mona Cat dressed up too for the holidays, but I am not as clever as youare, on the computer.
                  You know Lucky, I think I read that book long ago, and it was awesome.
                  Glad to know you are going to try Campral, it's a very effective medication with practically no side effects.
                  Hello to all others on this site.
                  Big Hugs,
                  Mona
                  Meow-Meow
                  MonaKitty

Comment

Monday, December 11

Hi All,

Just wanted to check in for a bit. I also wanted to say that I may not be posting as regularly for a while, as I really have to start taking care of business more regularly. I'm losing my billing person in the new year, and I'm going to have to learn a lot between now and then, which is going to take a lot of time. I'll still be reading every day, most likely, but I won't have time to check in as often. I didn't want anyone to think that I had done a swan dive into a bottle of chardonnay or shiraz, though.

I'm a little scared about learning all this new stuff, and I'm especially scared about the discipline required to keep up with all of it! So wish me luck!

It is good seeing Absville getting settled down a bit again with people posting regularly.

Hugs to all,

Kathy:l
                    AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Monday, December 11

Good Luck Kathy! Do check in when you can! Happy New Year as well..sounds like things are moving along very well in your life!
                      Di

Comment

Monday, December 11

Hi everyone..

Kathy, you will learn all of that billing and paperwork stuff. Getting paid is a big motivator! Glad you will be reading even if not posting as much.
                        And Nancy.....are you going somewhere? Or are you just very busy?

I think I may be getting sick too...that time of year I guess.
                        I went to a reception tonight and had diet coke and a good time! Open bar- whatever we wanted. It felt great to get a diet coke. I told a buddy of mine that the coke tasted funny and he said...'that's cause there's no rum in it!" hehehe..
                        We had a champagne toast and I almost thought -what the heck' but then I was told we had sparkling cider and I immediately asked for it.
                        I don't even like champagne! Anyway, by the end of the evening I felt great.
                        I left at 7pm and said - night all, got to get up early to get to the gym! That felt great.

But now, guess I actually have to go to bed.
                        Lucky...I have to say I agree with Mona...very cute duck!
                        Capto HAPPY Day 10 !!! WOOO HOOOO Ten is a special one to me...Great Job!!

Gina..did I read that right? the crossing guard was failing a sobriety test?
                        Hi to Everyone else too and have a great evening!

Lisa

Comment

Monday, December 11

Good Evening All,

Only day 3 for me but I feel better. I'm reading Alan Carr's book as well, Lucky. I'm less than half way through it and find I'm reading it quite slowly because I want to absorb it all. It does make a great deal of sense. We are in a way "fooled' into believing we should drink because it's romantic,relaxing,soothing, tasty,social......It really is none of those things but we really have to de-program our minds.
                          I'm also reading The Missing Peace, which discusses the relationship between addiction and anger. Also a really helpful read.
                          It's quite a tough time of year. I have always fooled myself into thinking a drink will calm me down and reward me for all the hustle and bustle. I know the opposite is true and I will be especially stressed out if I drink because I know I should not (I know that sounds stupid but it's getting late)
                          I look foward to checking in with you all tomorrow.
                          Janet

Comment

Monday, December 11

Lisa,
                            Yes, the crossing guard. I first saw him swaying with the breeze not paying attention to a child who wanted to cross the street. Then, after I picked up my kids, I saw the cop performing the test. He was the crossing guard on that corner for about 2 years now. Seemed really enthusiastic about his job. Sure enough, he wasn't there today. I hope he is getting the help he needs.

Comment

Monday, December 11

Kathy,
                              Good luck with everything. Try not to be scared or overwhelmed by having to learn so many new things. Think of it as a challenge instead!

Comment

Working...
                              X