Could Someone Circle The Wagons For Me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK guys, having a really challenging day!!! I could really use some "ok you can make it" kind of help!! My son got home from Model UN yesterday exhausted. He had to have SSR's and teacher reports in today (Secondary School reports for all colleges that were not under his early application). They were actually due two weeks ago, but I just found out Friday. So, my husband and I worked all day! Meanwhile, clients are calling for information that I sent them weeks ago, but they didn't bother to keep track. Other business stuff coming up!! And I have just been informed by my son's school counselor that some of my son's top choices of schools who are scouting my son are willing to accept him provided he is willing to leave his strong civil rights opinions on the door step!! (We are caucasion, but my son has been active in civil rights in US and throughout the World -- now known as Humanitarianism -- looking at how people are treated, not what they look like or what they believe). Our son did not get that from me or my husband, but taught us the merrits of his argument, so that now we concur with his views. It is really disheartening that college decisions have to be made based on his humanitarian and religious beliefs!!

Maybe I'm just exhausted, but I sure could use some love and support right now!

MM
    Saving the day one minute at a time!

MM..big hugs to you! Sounds like your son is well on his path, no matter what happens. You should be so proud...enjoy him and know that he'll be fine! Take a deep breath or two, take a mini-walk, bend over and touch your toes..in yoga, I would do that pose and 'surrender'...ahhhhhhhhhh

Comment

Much love and support heading your way :l :h :l
      Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

Thank you both for bringing smiles!!! I think I will go do that mini walk -- it's really good to hear some positive support!! Thanks,

MM

Comment

Fan, you are so elequent with your speech. You must do a lot of public speaking!!! Thank you!!, than you all!! I am feeling so much better.

I took Dilayne's advice and took a mini-walk and I feel so much better. I got back and my son's school called to tell me how much they are looking forward to our famiiy's private luncheon; with their enthusiasm and your words of encouragement -- it has all helped to put me back on track.

I have to say, my first response was to go waste away into oblivion -- now I am moving forward into a positive evening -- sober !!!

Thank you so much; you have all made a terrific difference -- I can never tell you how special you are in my life!!!!

Much Love,
          Monica

Comment

positive thoughts from me too!

MM, you have some positive thoughts coming your way from me too....................things will be alright, maybe you are tired, that is when things really get to me too.......................hugs and warm thoughts:l :h

MA

Comment

Thank you MaryAnne!!!

Comment

Dear MM,

Ditto, Ditto and Ditto as to what everyone above has said.

Super stressful time not just the holidays but their whole junior /senior year, where are they going? what are they going to major in? does it suit them the best? who are they inside? how will it work in the outside world we have tried to protect them from?

You are a great mom and you have been awesome in mods addition - I know you CAN do this!!

Hugs and Love,
                Mary

Comment

I Know You Have The Strength Mouse.
                  I Believe That You Can Do Whatever You Put Your Mind To.
                  Stay Strong And Keep Posting
                  Life Without Drinking Is Life Worth Living.

Comment

You are all just so awesome -- you are really helping me through - You gave me the srength to talk to my family-- to my son's counselor -- his counselor is helping me to complete everything -- my son is typing them out -- and my husband is making fudge!!! So, I'm going to be ok and not use alcohol to get through this night!!!

Thank you for answering my plea to circle the wagon -- it really did help me to just stop, take a look, remember my goals, remember all who love me, the support, and my direction.

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!!!
                    MM

Comment

A little late I know, but here's the reinforcements...
                      With the time difference I'm either too early or too late, but I'm still a friend.
                      Ihope everyone has a great Tuesday.

Comment

Hey, MM!

Your son sounds way cool! You do, too. Glad things went well.

:heart: E

Comment

Hey MM... hopefully the worse is over by now and you're back in better spirits. I think it's great that you reached out for support... it's taking care of yourself in the best possible.

hugs, Olly

Comment

Good morning everyone. Thank you so much for all of your support last night!!! This was just so stressfull!! But thanks to all of you I was able to de-stress in non-alcoholic ways!!! I feel great this morning and ready to tackle the world

Eternally grateful for the support,

MM

Comment

MM
                              Sorry I am late too but I am glad you are feeling better.
                              Your son sounds AWESOME. That kind of courage and selflessness ought to be embaced, not stifled. That is what forms the foundation of much needed change and I hope your son is a leader of this. I am ashamed that in this day and age people would ask him to leave his beleifs on the doorstep. That is disgusting. I am sure there are many top colleges that would embrace his spirit. I do hope (as I am sure you do too) he never loses that - and that these narrow minded people realize they won't (as I suspect) be able to stifle him. Isnt the whole idea behind academia, the pursuit of diverse viewpoints? I was so disappointed to read that.
                              Anyways MM, glad you are doing well!
                              Hugs
                              Jen
                              Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Working...
                              X