Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tuesday 12 December

Good Morning Absville!
    Bright and Breezy this am! (got a call from All One at 4am to advise my of shipping costs so decided to go for a walk anyway!)
    Finally made day 30AF and, for me, was amazed at how little I struggled compared to my long-term serious abuse of alcohol; but I knew it wasn't over nor was I being complacent. I hadn't much thought of Day 30 as my partner is due home next week so was focussing of that, but boy, yesterday I was knocked sideways by continual very strong cravings! Not just wanting a drink or wanting to go out but wanting to have LOTS to drink! Wanting to PARTEEE!! Where did that come from?!! I somehow managed to ride it out; but am shocked by the intensity of just wanting to get SOOO inebriated - no pretense of wanting to savour a nice wine or a cooling beer...! So need to up my involvement a bit
    Well, today's a new day... Hope everyone has a happy and peaceful Tuesday; looking forward to hearing from you
    Love
    Blondie

Tuesday 12 December

Hi

Hello to all who know me and to those of you who dont, iv been away for a little while!
    Well tuesday is going to be day one for me after a massive slip...id been AF for over 30 days and thought i could moderate whilst on holiday...WRONG!!
    Still feel a bit wierd posting as im sure some people still think im Liz...but all i can do is keep posting and im sure those who do will soon realise that im not.

Loves to all

Lou Lou x x
    "Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around"...Penelope Cruz...Vanilla Sky

Comment

Tuesday 12 December

Bizzare!

I was reading the posts and saw that December 12th has arrived in your part of the world! Holy smokes, it is so bizarre how the time zones work, eh? It is only 5:50pm on December 11th here in BC Canada! I just had to laugh! I wish you all another sober day! I still have to get through this night LOL! SOBER ON!

Comment

Tuesday 12 December

Tuesday's just beautiful...

Hi Accountable!
        and glad I didn't have those drinks last night Another clear day awaits!
        To think I used to use all the world time zones to justify my erratic drinking hours!! (Hmmm, they'll be opening in BC right now, so I can join in too!!)
        Have a good evening ...
        Blondie

Comment

Tuesday 12 December

Hello Blondie,
          I am new here and very interested in the 30 day AF ( not sure what that means yet) but
          I wanted to send along a congrats for pushing through the overwhelming need to get just
          hammered. How the heck did you do it? It usually hits me after a stressful day at work, when
          I make immediate stop on the way home and 6 hours later find myself alone and wasted.
          It is crazy how the need for a buzz takes priority over everything else ... well great to hear
          of your control.
          Best,
          ML

Comment

Tuesday 12 December

Hi All, It is Wednesday evening here the 13th december in Sydney Australia and congrats on getting through the cravings they are very difficult. I'm only 14 days AF (for ML that means Alcohol Free) and have the same cravings to get really really smashed. Hanging in there another day and another night feels great. Kim
            Yesterday I dared to struggle. Today I dare to win!!

Comment

Tuesday 12 December

Hi Blondie.....Congratulations...you must have felt such a buzz when you woke up after the day 30 with a clear head even though it sounds like it was mentally quite an ordeal. Amazing how it seems to be able to just jump up and smack you in the teeth again ain't it? I am on my 6th evening Af...and keep wondering when the frantic urge is going to go away??? Dumb question I guess, so thanks for sharing your feelings about your day, it's good to be reminded that I need to keep vigilant, the other 'c' word that should be banned is complacency....Once again Blondie, well done girl, I know just how much strength it takes, I can't wait to get where you are......the melon

Comment

Tuesday 12 December

Good Morning Absville,

Blondie and Lou, first of all, as a newbie, and I do mean NEW, I very much appreciate your individual stories. It helps place things in perspective. This challenge is a bit more complex than many of us may imagine.

I am only on Day 12 AF, and while I feel great about that?probably the first time in 20 years(?)?I am terrified at the prospect of reaching 30AF, and being broadsided by the VOICE again.

Are you receiving assistance with supplements and maybe prescripts?

Lou, I saw something about the impersonation and confusion over in General Discussion. That must have been strange.

Here's to us.

Cap

Comment

Tuesday 12 December

Wednesday, December 13

Morning all,

TRASHDAY :H I am not sure if there are any clinking bottles ... did not take trash out last week and I am only on Day 5 AF. Welcome back Lou and ... DARN, sorry newbie. Looking forward. Keep reading and keep posting. The Melon is back ... cantaloupe? honeydew?

Capto, you have a good 10 days in - it GETS easier - really. The voice only pops up occasionally after 30 days ... you really have to be paying attention though. Boycie - 14 days is a huge accomplishment. It is NOT easy to make that it far. How long did it take before got your first 10 days? I found at first that I had to do a number (at least 5 or 6) of 3-4 periods of abs before I get that first 10 days stretch in. Felt good though. Blondie - 30 days!!! It would be great to describe the differences in your mindset. I know when I hit 30 the first time, it was really amazing. Just did not think about alcohol - of course was not surrouned by either, like so many of us.

Lots of folks posted yesterday I want to say hi to: ducky (keep talking about new brain and I am going to call you scarecrow - but I hope you get one), becca (BIG welcome), kathy (kathy LUVS paperwork), accountable (reindeer so cute), ah I forget. I am still sleepy after nice night of sleeping and choosing to lay in bed for whole extra hour. Gotta go get dressed and off to work.

So, slept well. Day 5 AF. Best to all on their abs plans today.

Hugs,
                  Pansy

Comment

Tuesday 12 December

Just made another day...

Hi All
                    Thanks for your encouragement. Not sure how I did it; I think it just got past my "usual time" and I did a few other things, but was really quite grumpy about not having any!! I still really felt like those drinks and whilst it's not really that I have a craving for alcohol, just I think a bit of fun and getting out (I'm on my own at present and I think got a bit upset everyone else is going out on their Christmas parties! poor me:upset: :H ) Plus my social life revolved around eating and drinking out. That was it basically!! And being very shy, it was a time to not give a stuff about others or being self-conscious. So that is still there, really need to work on that somehow!! I'm really scared that whilst I'm doing so well, the novelty is wearing off!!! There's no logic to it, but...

Capto - I am using all the supps and topa (though I only perhaps take 50mg max if I'm having a bad day) and the CDs, exercise, etc. Really do help.

WeeMelon - Well done on your 6th AF (wasn't Wed your trigger? Well done!)
                    Kim - ditto well done on 14. I never had any cravings this time round except right till the end!
                    ML - I can't explain how it worked this time; obviously a combination of all the tools, support and supps, etc found on here. But I have always given in to cravings and stress for 20+ years, so something's certainly working!
                    Well, off to bed, so that's another night.
                    Love
                    Blondie

Comment

Working...
                    X