Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tuesday December 12th

Hi all,

Day 13 AF not a lucky number for some but pretty dam good for me so far. Just a bit of trivia, my recycle bin got emptied today and for once it didn't sound like I live or run a resturant!!! Hope everybody has a great day. Kim:H
    Yesterday I dared to struggle. Today I dare to win!!

Tuesday December 12th

Mornin' all...
    Hey Kim, thanks for getting this party started.
    Day 14 for me... ah, life's simple pleasures. Funny you mentioned emptying the trash, I watched "Desperate Housewives" last night on the French channel (which I can recieve in original English) and it was about Bree... drinking white wine on the "sly".. and getting busted by her friend who pulled out all the empty wine bottles from her trashcan, lined them up outside her front door and stuck a note in one that read "Still don't think you have a drinking problem?" The best part, instead of cringing inside as I would have a few weeks ago, I smiled and felt so happy that " it was Bree, NOT me!" Have a good one all... I'm short on time at the moment. Thanks for thinking of me yesterday! More soon, Olly

Comment

Tuesday December 12th

Funny you mentioned emptying the trash

Hi all,

Yup, that used to be my trashcan too.

Let's have a good one.

Cap

Comment

Tuesday December 12th

Tuesday, December 12

Morning all!

Yep, who here ever "cushioned" their bottles if they used trash bags. Those things really clink around when they have a whole bag to roll around in :H Glad to hear about day 13! Sounds lucky to me.

I am AF Day 4. Slept nicely last night ... 200 mg 5-HTP and 3 mg melatonin. No prescription meds at all, which makes me very happy. I am taking the 5-HTP and Topa with me to work today because I have another round of meetings afterward. So, tonight ... I shall just come home and fall asleep. (well, okay maybe hop on chat first).

And Little Kizzie - just hop back on. 40 days is great. You are NOT starting over! :h

Hugs,
        Pansy

Comment

Tuesday December 12th

Going to see my addictions counsellor tonight--the one I saw back in the spring. Just want to get OFF this roller coaster I'm on now and be alcohol free during the holidays. I'm hoping he will be able to get a little more to the bottom of this. I can go a few days now...4 in a row last wk.... then be given the green light (hubby) to drink, and go completely overboard for 2-3 days. It's ridiculous. Yes, we were all partying this weekend, but I felt like crap yesterday. The guilt and the dizziness and the fatigue...
          Back on abs and I feel so much better after 3-4 days not drinking. Imagine what MORE AF days would do. I know you all know the feeling.
          Going to tell my counsellor I do not want to drink through Christmas and New Years, and hope he will have some ideas to hold me accountable or something.
          I'm off the topa too, but taking the other supps which do help, but they only help if I'm not drinking!

This is hard, and hoping it will get easier. The AF days in a row have certainly gotten easier. No white knuckles.

Kate, hope you are doing well today. You are SO inspiring. I'm glad you are feeling better.

Have a great day, everyone. I'll let you know how my appt. went.

Comment

Tuesday December 12th

Pansy!

" "cushioned" their bottles if they used trash bags." Nailed me!

Cap

Comment

Tuesday December 12th

Oh Pansy, Too Funny!

I am laughing so hard! You nailed me too! Cushioning the bottles in the trash.

It was so bad at one point, I wouldn't be around to hear the garbage man putting the bag into his truck. I am sure the whole neighbourhood heard the bottles ECHO...............

Comment

Tuesday December 12th

Good morning all-

I am so thrilled to have Kate back. I need to see her name as a reminder that I can get the monkey off my back just as she has done. I want that same sense of pride.

Looking forward to Campral arriving. I ordered it before I read Easy Way to Quit Drinking by Allen Carr. Between the book and Campral, and my Centerpointe Research Institute CD's, and the supps, I am bound to get new brain I want. That book was sooo good and I plan to read and re-read it until I have a long stretch of abs time.

I have been a strict vegetarian (well, occassional piece of fish) for 23 years and I have never once missed meat. I won't even touch soup if made from beef or chicken broth. I think that book helped me turn off the alcohol switch like I turned off the meat switch. Once the switch is off, the temptation is never there. I am disgusted with meat and am creating the same attitude about alcohol. You can put any meat in front of me and I have 0, absolutely 0 desire, to let it touch my lips. I can do the same with alcohol. Actually, I should say I have done to the same with alcohol to give myself stronger self-talk. In the Allen Carr book, it tells you to continue drinking until you get to the end of the book and then have your last drink. Almost make it a ceremony and toast to your last drink if you want. I really don't even want that last drink. It is disgusting to me like flesh (meat) is. It is poison for my body. Now that I understand this, no reason to rasie another glass of it- ever. Maybe I just want the option of having my last glass later. But I sure don't want it now. May feel differently when I go to a friend's house tonite who was always my wine buddy. After she got cancer though, she has cut way back so if I choose not to have any, I don't think it will be a big deal. Not ready to tell her of my new brain yet. No need to- actions are stronger than words. Too bad Campral has not arrived just in case though. Don't trust this new brain yet. It is like walking on new wobbly legs.

My mantra is " I am an ex- drinker." Moderation, for me, is pure illusion and not worth the time or effort to "be good" with such poison. My brain needs to be free to create new things in my life, not going over and over the same soundtrack or how much, when, what about driving, the expense, what don't I remember, how stupid was I, etc. Doing mods for me, even if successful, would be a failure to me now.

All the best to others on the same journey. I find a lot of inspiration from the boards, esp. those with long term success. Thanks for be the great examples you are.

Comment

Tuesday December 12th

Hey Becca (big hugs!)...the thing that makes Abs work for me is when I commit to Abs..I just am able to surrender to the idea that drinking just isn't an option...sounds like you want Abs, but you also still want the backdoor..sometimes if that backdoor is left unlocked or open, it's just where we default to...maybe it would be helpful for you to get more context around your goal of being AF during the holidays...instead of focusing on Abs, or being AF..think in terms that drinking isn't an option until a certain date...I know it sounds small, but it's a commitment thing..such a tiny little shift in perception can make a huge difference..like your commitment to run the race..take that energy, that determination and apply it to your AF goal. Also, my husband's willingness to stop with me was huge! Our therapist told us both that we should approach the drinking in the marriage as a relational thing..he got that..that is what enabled him to quit with me (even though he isn't necessarily wired like me)..he doesn't miss it and he is happy to see me released from the pressure, the decisions, the fear of the back door...I hope I'm not rambling..just kind of felt the need to spit this out to you dear...I see you where you want to be!!! Invision it...Namaste, dear!

Comment

Tuesday December 12th

Good Mid-Day,
                    Day 4 for me as well. I, who normally sleep great wine or no wine, couldn't sleep a wink last night. Hopefully can make up for it tonight. The calms-forte usually help. I'm waiting for my package of kudzo,l-glut and sam-e to arrive. I have never taken sam-e before. Anybody have any experience using it????????I need all the help I can get.
                    I alway laugh at shows on TV such as Desperate Housewives and Footballer's Wive's(a BBC show about women involved with well known soccer players in Britain). The women always have a glass of wine in their hands. If they were drinking that much they would never be as skinny as some of those actresses are. Another media which really glamourizes alcohol......we know better now don't we.
                    Well, must perform some holiday drudgery...errands and shopping...yuck!!!!!
                    To quote a famous duck "I will not drink alcohol today"

Janet

Comment

Tuesday December 12th

Good evening all.

Day 10 today

Tomorrow will be the longest that I have not had a drink for as long as I can remember.

I hope you all are having a good day

Comment

Tuesday December 12th

Go Paul Go Paul!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GREAT JOB!!

Lisa

Comment

Tuesday December 12th

Yipeee!!!!!
                          Aren't you proud of your self? :good: :good:

Comment

Tuesday December 12th

Hi

To all who know me and to all who have joined since i went AWOL!! Today is day one for me after falling well and truly off the wagon, iv got all the horrid symptoms, shakes, sweats, muscle aches, nausea and that horrid anxious feeling...like something really bad is gonna happen. Anyways im determined to ride it out and get through it although if i dont sleep tonight and continue to get worse i may have to go docs in the morning...why oh why do we do this to ourselves?!!
                            Hope you are all well

Much Love

Lou Lou x x
                            "Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around"...Penelope Cruz...Vanilla Sky

Comment

Tuesday December 12th

May I suggest something Lou?

I had the very same withdrawal symptoms you are having and found Gravol really, really helped. It is safe and it helped me through the first two days.:l

You just keep getting back on that horse! Try and try and try until you succeed!

Comment

Working...
                              X