Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tuesday, Dec 12th

Hi all,

Well, I've stumbled and fell ... metaphorically speaking. I didn't make it to the gym yesterday and it looks like I'm not going to make it today. AND... for lunch I had two pieces of toasted bread with butter!!!!
    Whaaa. Yesterday I continued with my "top to bottom" spring cleaning of the house and was okay that I didn't make it to the gym as I got SO MUCH accomplished here and feel really good about making my environment so fresh, clean and comfortable (it too was symbolic of my new mindset...) However, today I had every intention to go and just got "caught up " with work (I work from home) and time got away from me. And the toast.... well, there's just no excuse for that.

So, thanks to you all and this site, I am now going to get up, brush off my scuffed knees and go for a 45 hard walk. Just need to focus on how good I will be feeling... in only an hour!!!

Olly

Tuesday, Dec 12th

GooseBumps... after finishing the above post, I dialed my neighbor friend to ask if she'd like to go for a walk (she's my walking partner although we haven't gone together in over 2 weeks) There was no answer. I sat here, trying to get this body into motion and out the door and before I left the chair, the phone rang and it was her, unbeknownst that I had tried calling her, asking if I'd like to go for a walk!! Thank you Universe for helping me take care of myself.
    Olly

Comment

Tuesday, Dec 12th

Wow, Olly that is great!!!! Have a terrific walk. (Incidentally, if your bread is whole grain, it is not so bad, as butter is not a great fat, but one of the better alternatives and will slow down the insulin level and keep it from going to your waste!!! And house work is usually physically taxing work too!!! So, your down day sounds pretty inspiring -- keep up the great work!!

I, too, am going to be walking today! Hope your weather is better than mine.

MM
      Saving the day one minute at a time!

Comment

Tuesday, Dec 12th

Hey, Olly, I would count top to bottom spring cleaning as exercise. Exercise and accomplishment - it doesn't get any bettter than that. Stop beating yourself up. In the past, you would have kept going until the bread and butter was gone. Be proud!

If you would like a real challenge, I would like to volunteer my house. "Spring cleaning" wouldn't be enough - it would enhance several seasons. Good thing my husband is helpful and doesn't really give a damn. That's one of the disadvantages of working out of your house - everything kind of flows together.

Just got back from the gym myself. Looks like we need to light a fire on this thread. What's up with everyone else? Sure am glad I got it done.

Check in later,

Barb

Comment

Tuesday, Dec 12th

Hey Barb and MM, thanks for the encouragement and kind words. The bread wasn't "white", but it wasn't whole grain either... and I WAS tempted to keeping more, but didn't. (WHEW!!)

Anyway, I'm back from my walk, rosey cheeks, pulsing endorphins and like you Barb, am just plain happy I got it done.

If I"m the first one up tomorrow morning here, maybe I should ralley this group with a Bugle Call... whatd'a think?? That should wake some folks up, eh??

Tomorrow: the gym and the elipitcal thingy... and I will report back.

I'm off to an evening class that I have.
          See ya bright and early in the morning,
          Olly

Comment

Tuesday, Dec 12th

Good Afternoon.. MM and Barb and Olly!! and Others jumping in later...Capto? Becca??

I would love a bugle call in the morning! I did drag myself out of bed and did get to the gym at 5:40am but I actually need to get there earlier. I had more things to do but had to leave by 6:30 --or I can't get to work in time.

Olly- good luck on the eliptical thingy. Please let me know how you do. I've worked up to 25-28 minutes. This morning I did 26min. I sweat like a pig on that thing! ( Do pigs really sweat?) Burned up 325 calories though. woo hooo
            I had one slice of bread - whole grain, and a tablespoon of peanutbutter this morning for breakfast. I brought my lunch but there were leftover mini sandwiches in the cafeteria today so I had 3 of them ....mini ones so not too bad. So far so good.right?

Then....very stressful work stuff happened and I kinda dove into the Godiva chocolates that were sent to my office by a vendor. Godiva chocolate is completely sinful. I hate to say it but I've had 4 pieces.....thank goodness the box is now empty!!!!.

So that's my story. I had moved the scale to 136 (one day) but now it is back to 138. But that's fine with me..I know it takes some adjusting- but the scale is slowly going down.

Back to work for me..
            Lisa

Comment

Tuesday, Dec 12th

Hey everyone..just jumping in, hope you don't mind. I recieved a treadmill from my husband as an early Xmas gift..I've recently converted my youngest daughter's bedroom to my new 'playroom'..it doubles as a sewing room and workout room (it's long..) I'll divide the space with a Japanese Shoji screen..My goal is to do the treadmill for a minimum of 30 minutes every morning and a yoga video..I'm doing very well with that commitment..the space is perfect and it makes me want to get up in the morning and do it...so..I welcome the Bugle Call...I've been Abs for 9 weeks now, but I'm eating to make up for the drinking and really want to curb that as well! My weight goal is 140lb..I'm afraid to get on the scale right now, but worse case scenario is that I'm probably up close to 150...I lost 20lbs on weight watchers over a year ago but have struggled with keeping it all off...

Comment

Tuesday, Dec 12th

Hi Di, so glad you are joing us!!!

Olly, would love the buggle call -- its nice to think of these things when rolling out of bed!!!

Barb, its always great to hear your words of wisdom!

Lisa, if you are getting to the gym at 5:45 a.m, you deserve a METAL!!!!!!! I don't know how you do that, but I sure do commend you!!

Look forward to talking to all of you tomorrow,

Take care,
                MM
                Saving the day one minute at a time!

Comment

Tuesday, Dec 12th

:wow: Bugle Call!! Wednesday Dec 13th

:wow: :wow: Good Morning Fitters!

Hey MM, Barb, Lisa, Welcome Di! Mike? Becca? Capto? Neil? Where are you???

As my father loved to say when I was a child, "Shake a Leg".... time to get up and get 'at em... "
                  (Oh, I am SO SURE you all are thanking the universe that I can only reach you through Cyberspace, eh?)
                  At least you are sitting at the computer while getting this and not able to throw the blankets up over your head and hide (as I did when my dad started my day military style! ugh.)

Today will be healthy. I'm off to the gym this morning before I get snared in something that will conveniently keep me home.

26 minutes on the eliptical trainer? Hats off!! I'm hoping to make 10. But, I'll let you know.

Neil, I asked on another thread, but will ask again if you would please share with us the Meridian Flexibility Stretch #16 you did as your first exercise from that book?? I'd love to know about it. Are you using those stretch exercises daily?

Di, how nice to imagine you with your Jane Austin's "room of one's own"... sounds lovely. Enjoy.

Ok, no more sitting around, I've gotta get up and get going. "Think endorphins...."
                  take care, Olly

Comment

Working...
                  X