Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BUGLE CALL... Wed Dec 13th

:wow: :wow: :wow: Good Morning Fitters!

Hey MM, Barb, Lisa, Welcome Di! Mike? Becca? Capto? Neil? Where are you???

As my father loved to say when I was a child, "Shake a Leg".... time to get up and get 'at em... "
    (Oh, I am SO SURE you all are thanking the universe that I can only reach you through Cyberspace, eh?)
    At least you are sitting at the computer while getting this and not able to throw the blankets up over your head and hide (as I did when my dad started my day military style! ugh.)

Today will be healthy. I'm off to the gym this morning before I get snared in something that will conveniently keep me home.

26 minutes on the eliptical trainer? Hats off!! I'm hoping to make 10. But, I'll let you know.

Neil, I asked on another thread, but will ask again if you would please share with us the Meridian Flexibility Stretch #16 you did as your first exercise from that book?? I'd love to know about it. Are you using those stretch exercises daily?

Di, how nice to imagine you with your Jane Austin's "room of one's own"... sounds lovely. Enjoy.

Ok, no more sitting around, I've gotta get up and get going. "Think endorphins...."
    take care, Olly

Bugle Call

Hey Olly, I'm here and up, though it's before the gym opens.I'll be there first thing, when it does , though. Today is cardio for me.

Cap

Comment

Actually Olly I needed you with a real bugle beside my bed this morning!!
      And right after MM commended me for getting in to the gym....thanks MM...I slept in

I wanted to get up extra early this morning because I wanted to get into work extra early too. Set my alarm for 4:45am.....but didn't Actually turn it on! I woke up at 5:45

So...missed any workout at all this morning. Going in to work now.
      Olly - 10 min is great - really, no kidding. The eliptical thing is quite difficult. The stair climber is quite tough too. I made it for 5min on that one!

Enjoy your workout Capto!!
      Thanks for the bugle call Olly!!
      Can't wait to hear how you make out today.

Neil....I'm quite curious about that too. Sounds very interesting so I'd love to hear more.
      Maybe I just need to buy a book?
      Have a great day all!!

Lisa

Comment

Good morning - Thanks for the buggle call!!! I have walked a mile this morning -- very brisk pace -- with my MP3 player blasting in my ear -- the body will look great, but I'll be def (sp.?)!!!!

Lisa, you cracked me up with gym -- your body must have needed the sleep.

Wow, I have an incredibly busy day, so I won't be around much -- hope everybody has a great day!!!

MM
        Saving the day one minute at a time!

Comment

Hey Guys:

As the book is copyrighted material, I would be in violation of about a zillion laws if I posted any scans from the book on a worldwide public forum.

If you want to PM me, and do a private email description, I can see about that.

The 16 stretches are designed to balance each other. The book says that any one individual will no doubt have different things in their system out of balance. The 16th exercises target the back, and are said to activate the thymus. It worked for me, and still does. The odds are pretty high, that just doing the one will not do anything for someone else. They are combined as a holistic system, just like the MWO program. The whole is greater than the sum of the parts. Synergy as it's called.

Sorry about that, but I have seen other people get in trouble for posting copyrighted material in public forums. The author does have a website, and I will try to find a link for you on that. It may have details on the system, that are publically posted.

edit: I found the link to the website, and an overview of the system. You can look at it more closely if you wish, and decide for yourself. So far, it is doing something,
          and it's different than yoga or active isolated stretching for sure. Very strange, but wonderful.

Meridian Flexibility & Stretching Center

Neil

Comment

Hey Olly,

You're the perfect drill sergeant!

My exercise commitment is to do a brisk walk for 30 minutes after work today.

"Brisk" has two meanings for me. 1. Walk quickly, so as to get the blood pumping. 2. It will be somewhere around zero degrees.

Mike
            "Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance." -- Samuel Johnson (1709 - 1784)

Comment

Hey - I have been working since 4:30 so that I could "take the day off". I did some resistance training with the stability ball and the resitance bands. No cardio - damn! This workaholic nonsense is for the birds!

My girlfriends and I are having our annual luncheon/gift exchange; then I cam coming home to get ready for some meetings tomorrow and Friday.

You guys have a great day.

Barb

Comment

Does anyone out there miss me? I miss you all, and love you dearly.
                Hugs, Mona
                Meow-Meow
                MonaKitty

Comment

I MISS YOU MONA!!
                  where did you go?

Comment

OLLY....Can You try another bugle call for in the morning???

I'm headed to bed now and I will, I will, I will, go to the gym early tomorrow!

Hey Mike...sounds downright dangerous! BRRRRRRR!!
                    hope you had a good walk

Neil...thanks for the info. I'm going to have to take a look at this. Sounds like you have found it very beneficial! Pretty exciting!

Capto...how was the workout??

Hi Barb...stop working right this minute....
                    MM...good job today...busy day but you got in your workout anyway! inspiring.

Night everyone!
                    Lisa

Comment

Guten nacht:

Yes MonaCat! I missed the meow-meow.

Hey Lisa3102, take a look at that cat in your avatar! It's a stretching cat!

A few more words on Meridian Flexibility System. Note the title web page has the big cat doing the stretch.
                      Check out the Section 2 on the "Benefits and Testimonials" tab. This is appended from the books introductory chapters. When I first read it, I thought to myself, "Oh come on now!"

However, after just a few days, there is something getting rearranged in my whole being. Things are shifting around in some places that are sort of weird. Aches and pains I've had in joints and muscles for many, many years are diminishing. That first rush the first day had me a bit giddy with relief. Very much like the feeling I got after a good session of deep tissue massage by a trained and experienced therapist.

There is a theory that bad memories and emotions are locked in tight muscles, and the organs. It may be a unique human trait, that fears, anxieties, and traumas are internalized. Certainly decades of alcohol abuse has its raft of psychological damage. It is a quest of mine to find any way I can to release and discharge all this negative baggage stored in my mind.

Anyone who has had a professional therapeutic deep massage, knows that emotions are often released in quite a dramatic fashion. Laughter or tears welling up out of the depths from long ago. In a previous attempt at getting sober, I had found just the right therapist, who was not afraid to go deep into my back muscles (where many, many people store their past traumas). She often put her entire weight on an elbow digging into my lower back, and it hurt like hell. I told her to let me have it, because I was ready to release that stuff no matter what. Unfortunately, she became pregnant with her first child shortly after I started seeing her, and she gave up the practice to be a full time mother. Since then, no other therapist has been able to reach that deep. It's a special symbiosis to find just the right massage therapist.

At any rate, I am still trying to work up a post for holistic healing that covers this all, with links and references. The mind-body connection in fighting this drive to drink is a key element for me. Hope some of you can get similar benefits. We need all the help we can get, eh?

Neil

Comment

Working...
                      X