Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wednesday, Dec 13

Good morning everyone -

I'm up early so I thought I'd start off. Though I do not have anything very thought provoking - sorry about that! I do believe I am in a better place today even though it is still early.

So much went on yesterday with eveyone and I wanted to make some sort of response, but it is simply overwhelming to me at the moment. And I think that is also generally what is going on with me. I am overwhelmed right now. I started a new job (real estate) and I have no idea what I am doing. Its a whole new language (which I know I will get in time - I'm not an idiot) and I have always been successful in my career but this is an entirely new direction and I have no idea how to get going. Its very outside my comfort zone. But it will come! The holidays have me a tad stressed as well and that will settle down too.

Anyway, what happens to me when I become overwhelmed is I get paralyzed and can get nothing done. That's where I am - paralyzed with fear and anxiety. Loads I need to do, loads I want to do and yet I cannot get out of my chair!! :egad: I hate when that happens! Perhaps articulating it will help me move forward. Or a kick in the pants may do the trick!

Anyway, sorry for the vent. I do hope this is a productive and peaceful day for everyone.
    Hawk

Wednesday, Dec 13

Dear Hawk, take a deep breath!!! Real Estate is really a fun endeavor. I have been buying and selling real estate for years (as a private investor), so if you have any questions just ask me. I am due in a very important meeting at noon and I leave for New Jersey tomorrow, then to New Hampshire. But if you like, I could do a chat with you this afternoon or this evening and help you get comfortable with the new language. I've had every course you can imagine -- the Hume (back in the 80's) up to Carlton Sheets -- love the stuff -- and with a financial background, it comes easy to me -- so I'd be happy to help.

Also, keep in mind in that if you are doing this professionaly, in most areas of the country you get set up in the winter time to do business in the spring. Real Estate doesn't move to well in the winter. So you have lots of time to learn the stuff before your employer is going expect anything out of you.

As far as today, I recommend a nice hot bath, use some great smelling stuff in the water with an herb tea. Think of three things you could do today that you feel that you can do and would make a difference for you, both in terms of something you need to get done and how you will feel after you have done. And just think of those three things all day. If something else pushes in, tell yourself and/or others you'll have to come back to it, you're under the gone to get specific things done. That's what I do what I do when I get overwhelmed and works reall well for me. Hope it helps you.

I have to run to the store real quick. I'll check back later to see if you want to do chat -- or you can always PM me with your questions.

Love,
    MM
    Saving the day one minute at a time!

Comment

Wednesday, Dec 13

Hawk, I am sorry you are having a tough time. Starting a new career can be very anxiety provoking and I am just like you with the paralyzing fear causing you to not to be able to do anything but walk in circles. I would personally come over there and kick you in the pants but I think you live too far! I hope you get something productive done today to give yourself the boost you need.

I am up waaayyy early because of a huge windstorm we are having. It was so windy and loud it actually woke me up out of a dead sleep. So here I am wishing the malls were open so I could finish my shopping. Christmas is a week from this weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How the heck did that happen?

I wish you all a peaceful Wednesday. Group hug!
      I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Wednesday, Dec 13

I know I've said this before and Hawk, forgive me if you've heard it before. If there's one thing in my life that has helped me with my anxiety in most all situations, it was the book I read years ago called "slowing down to the speed of life" If you have time after the new year I highly recommend reading it to anyone who ever feels overwhelmed by life or situations that are beyond our control. You can buy it used from Amazon.com.

I made 12 dozen raspberry lemon thumbprint cookies yesterday, it took me six hours! The are a very pretty Christmas cookie though. I bought some square snowman plates from Meijer, they were on sale for 3.50 each and they are very pretty. I'm going to make sugar cookies today and put the thumbprint cookies with them one the plates and give them to a few teachers, co workers, and neighbors.

I only have 3 days off until Christmas Eve so I won't be on much. But I wanted to check in and say "Hi."

I've been reading as much as I can......I hope everyone is well. I hope to get back into the regular swing of things after the holidays.

Owly, Dove, Denise and Changemylife :welcome:

I miss you all!:l

Macks, Becca, Preciouspinot, Mojo, Tawny, Lush, Mary Anne, MKR Mary, Soccer Mom Mary, Jenneh, Laura, Judie, Gypsi, Fsophiah, Allie, Mary8305, Eustacia, Hundi, Waves, Trish, Dilayne, Pinkmilk, Mike, Brian, Tumadre, Mighty Mouse II, Cheeks, Lilyluvr56 , GermanBrewer, WaitingtoExhale, Bak310,TracyA, Tinkerbell, Skootimom, PaulaW, Hawk, Ivygoodluck, PaulB,Owly, Dove, Denise, Changemylife, and Pedro (Did I miss anyone?)
        I love you all!
        :h :h :h :h

Comment

Wednesday, Dec 13

lush wrote: Christmas is a week from this weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How the heck did that happen? !
          HOLY CATS!!! It is only a week from this weekend! I've got to get a move on! Actually, I have a had a very productive morning thus far. Yes, a new career path can be daunting but I am excited by it at the same time. I had a successful career in public relations for 16 years and I knew squat about that when I started, so I have to keep that in mind! Thanks for all the support and the virtual kick (Lush!)

Gypsi - Thinking of you
          Macks - Hope the "boys" are doing better!

Have a super day everyone!
          Hawk

Comment

Wednesday, Dec 13

Rachele, so glad to see you. You have been missed around here. And your cooking and crafting this holiday season are to be applauded. I need to get working on my thumbprint cookies today as well.

SM-Mary, where are you? We were having such a good rivalry going on. Competition get to be too much for ya?

I also meant to thank you MKR Mary for treating me like such royalty. I laugh every time you come up with another regal title to give me. Waves, are you feeling better about things/moderating?

Arghhh, there are so many of us now I feel guilty forgetting anybody. Okay, I need to take advantage of these early morning hours to get some work done, not make my post count reach 2000 by the end of the day.

And yes Hawk, get a move on.
            I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Wednesday, Dec 13

Becca has been posting Monthly Abstinence the last couple of days. I think it would be a really nice gesture if we could just pop in over there and support her in her efforts for abstinence.

:h :h :h :h

Comment

Wednesday, Dec 13

Hey everyone. I'm leaving mods for good (I might still visit here, but my hopes of moderating this damn problem have decidedly become too tiring).
                Everyone, thank you so much for thinking of me and for your kind words and PM's... SM Mary, Rachele, MKR, Lush, Mike, everyone, THANK YOU.
                I wish you all the best in dealing with this. I'm just stepping it up and need to be sober for once and for all.... for how long????? I don't know. Can't think about it. But at least for NOW.
                I posted in abs about what happened with my shrink yesterday, in case anyone wants the long version!
                Love to all, and continued success for those of you who are keeping the alcohol under control. GREAT JOB! It just got too hard for me.
                Love,

Comment

Wednesday, Dec 13

OMG Rachele! I just saw that post. You are amazing.

Comment

Wednesday, Dec 13

Morning, Muffs
                    We have tile! It's not grouted, but we are just a couple of days away from having a kitchen again. I'm not an incredible baker, but I'm cooking this weekend. I decided to go back on topa for a while. I took 25 mg. yesterday at about 6:00, then had a couple of glasses of red wine. Then, we met my son and his family for dinner, and I had some more red wine. In the middle of dinner, I got asthma. It went away after about 20 minutes, but it was obvious that this was just about the moment that the topa had fully kicked in because at the same moment, my head became incredibly clear, and I didn't want any more wine. This happened when I started topa last summer. It only happened once, but then I started having digestive problems with it. The problem is that I can get near-perfect results from a very small dosage of topa in terms of my alcohol consumption, but I'm obviously allergic. Last summer, I just took it anyway, and I lived with having chronic diarrhea. For the short term, I can do that. I wish there were another drug that would do exactly what topa does for me without the reaction.

MM, sometime I'd like to get advice on real estate, as I have interited rental properties, and, well....this isn't the place, but maybe we could talk. Hawk, did it ever occur to you that you are wiped out because you are facing a health crisis on top of a a new career? That would be enough to paralyze me.

Wow, everyone is really up and at 'em this morning. It's good to see Becca. Your Lushness, don't let your new status create a new obsession. Looking for E this morning. Usually, she's an early riser. I now have 55 term papers to grade and 55 finals. If I do 10 a day, I can have it all done before the end of the holidays. I won't, of course. I'll put it off so that I can have three days of pure hell.

Love, Sophie

Comment

Wednesday, Dec 13

Good morning to all! Rachele, I don't know how you could possibly remember all those names...impressive

Becca, it's nice to see you again, Ill pop over to Abs to see the long version in a minute...Anyway, not alot

to say right now, I'm starting to panic about time left to shop...we had changed our Disney World plans and

are going this weekend now and won't be back until late Wed night...so the clock is ticking...I have so much

to do here at the office...I have to give a party for our patients the day I get back and I have to give out

baskets for all my referral sources.....going to do as much as possible online!
                      Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

Wednesday, Dec 13

OK I just read all the posts in Abs and really feel for everone and what everyone is dealing with..I don't even feel worthy to post or give advice right now.....I will just feel grateful instead of stressed and remember what the Holidays are all about...I like what Fan said about some things not getting done but, the kids will be smiling!
                        Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

Wednesday, Dec 13

Evening All.

WOW, I've been away 4 days and sooooo much has happened!!!

I daren't try & remember everyones names in case I miss anyone out, to all of you having various difficulties, my prayers are with you.................

I'm still happy with moderation and although I've only managed 2 AF days in 4 weeks i'm still pleased with myself because I haven't been 'drunk' for 4 weeks, thanks for all you help everyone.

Lots of love to you all, Paula xx

P.S. It's only 12 more sleeps to Santa.........
                          sigpicXXX

Comment

Wednesday, Dec 13

Hello everyone!!

Well, it is early afternoon here, and I feel like I have accomplished absolutely nothing yet today. Actually, I haven't done a thing. This is such a weird transition year for me. Last year, I was up and out the door before 7 each morning to get to a school for work. This year, since I am starting my own private educational testing business, some days I have testings, but many days I don't, so I have sooo much unstructured time. I don't do well with that, in that I actually get very complacent and get less done, rather than more. UGGHH. Not that I am complaining really. I hated my job at the school, much prefer the testing, and having time is very nice. I just think I have come to the conclusion that I am inherently LAZY!!!

Anyway, I am going to finish this post, go make up my holiday cards, make a few necessary phone calls, fold my laundry, and get going on my day!!!

Love to all of you!!! You guys are the best.

Beth
                            formerly known as bak310

Comment

Wednesday, Dec 13

Morning All,

Besides smoother, more radiant skin.

No, besides more free time.

No, besides more interest income.

Right! More laughter!

Yo Ho Ho -
                              ****The Universe

Mike, you are right . . . some will get done and some won't and it will all be OK! Children will still smile, and if we really look at it . . . we are all someone's child . . guess that means us too!

Officially I think my kitty is better. She woke me up at 4:14 this morning, for food and pets and snuggles and just about the time she was letting me get back to sleep the alarm went off for 5:30 as I had an early morning breakfast meeting.

Client from HELL, is still with me sending numerous emails already this morning. Somehow I am not conveying that she is off the riduculometer as a client. I will have to be even more firm with her as my stomach twisted when I opened emails and saw her name more than once this morning. I have fired clients before to bring peace of mind and control over my schedule. It has usually turned out to be a great financial decision also.

Hawk, Mike is right again, not just the job, or the holidays but a health issue too. A lot of stress to be under at the moment. I have found the hypno tapes bring me a certain amount of relaxation so that I can prioritize more clearly. Since you were in public relations before, you know a lot of the ropes that bring success in any biz.

Rachelle, WOW! Thumbprint cookies are very pretty. I am thinking you are the Martha of all of us!! Good for you! Hope everything is going well.

Lush, Winter Wonderland's Queen, I am glad you like your titles!! You always keep me smiling too!

MaryAnne, frost on my windshield this morning. AH the thought of some warm, humid air, where your skins breathes instead of feeling like it has been shrink wrapped around your bones! Lucky girl!

PP, tell us more, you are always quite introspective.

Becca, I am so happy to hear that your husband is on board with you. Big decision and I applaud you. You are an inspiration to all on both boards. You can do this. Sounds like a great doctor.

MM, great on your son and your day yesterday!

I am with Paula on this, if I name names I am sure to leave someone out at this point so simply, love you all and hope you are having a great day!

Hugs and Love,
                              Mary

Comment

Working...
                              X