Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

30 days, no wine, no junk, lots of exercise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK its a while since I have been here and I have had good times and bad but as its the first day of June I am going to go for 30 clear days of the chiled white stuff!!! I intend to lose weight, get fit by walking at least 10.000 steps a day, cycling and getting my butt back into the gym. I turned 50 this year and whilst I might be starting the harvest of my life I have much fruit to enjoy as long as I keep sober, fit and healthy! Can anybody join me on the challenge ahead, 30 days and counting??
    Keeps x:happyheart:

Yay!! I am in !! Just decided this morning that moderation is not working for me. I am 54 and need to get in shape too. I have everything working in my favour EXCEPT the damn nightly wine habit. Let's do this together with whoever wants to hop on board. Let's discuss strategy. Right now it's 8:30 a.m so I don't need any motivation but come to around 4:00 or 5:00 pm that's when I need all the help I can get.

I have a mini-trampoline and a kayak. We live on a river. That is my planned exercise. Half hour of bouncing and a twenty minute kayak paddle daily. It's hot and sunny here today. We have had a very wet, cold spring. Outdoor exercise is fantastic when doable.

Thanks for starting this thread, KeepWalking !!

Tips
    Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
    ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Hi Keepwalking. Im 47 and i want to make it 97 so I am joining you and Tipp. Im starting my day of tommorrow with a 5k run through the national park.. The things you can do when sober is wonderful!!

Comment

Hi there Tips, I was reading a thread this morning that a Mizz Fit started and I saw some of your posts on there that i could really identify with!!! Wine is my posion too and I can easily drink a bottle a night if I didnt control it. Today will be my first dry day in a while. I have had a good long walk this morning and I have bought myself a skipping rope so am going to try and do five mins without stopping - it will kill me but at one time I could run 7 miles in my lunch hour so must get my fitness back! The tywlight zone of 6pm is my tough time when i usually pour my first glass so i know how you feel at 4! As you say we can try and keep each other in line and anyone else who wants to join, all welcome xx

Comment

Mia;1123932 wrote: Hi Keepwalking. Im 47 and i want to make it 97 so I am joining you and Tipp. Im starting my day of tommorrow with a 5k run through the national park.. The things you can do when sober is wonderful!!
          HI Mia, wow well done 5k run, I have done the race for life ten times and could fly round, but since a year of indulgence last year and hardly any exercise I am a stone heavier and very unfit, please do let me know how your run goes it will help me and Tipps stay motivated! Thanks

Comment

Hey KeepWalking and Mia, great that we are enthusiastic. Mia, I have been following you and was quite happy you joined this thread. You are doing so well lately. My problem is discipline. Sticking to a plan. I HAVE to be accountable.. to you two and to myself.

No marathons for me. I am awed by those who have that kind of stamina. Go girls!!

When I get home from the office around noon (ya, I know I've got it easy) I will do my trampoline bouncing. When hubby comes home from work around 5 or 6pm I will do my kayaking. He insists he is home as he has visions of me flipping the kayak and drowning. Lots he can do from the cottage when I'm a mile down the river upside down but I like to humour him.

Will touch base later.
            Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

? Lao-Tzu

Comment

well how is it going?? I managed the twilight zone and moved to a bike ride with my son, feel great, soak in the bath next then back online, reading all these positive messages on here is really helping! I wish there was a like button on here as in like facebook as people say some great things and it would be nice to show your appreciation without necessarily making a comment? Think i might start a thread with that question, what do you think? How you doing Tips/Mia???

Comment

That is a great idea KW. The like button would be good for people like me who don't often have much to say but am moved by alot of what is said on this site. Congratulations on your success so far. We are having pretty severe winds here so I am a little afraid to take the kayak out as of yet.

I am about an hour away from the witching hour but no cravings yet and I am going to push to go out for dinner. If we do, it will likely be Asian (Thai, Indian or Chinese) and I like green tea when I eat Asian food. I told hubby my plan to keep him in the loop. He is non-judgmental and can take or leave booze. He just needed to know why I would be abstaining. I have a good feeling about this.

Have a great evening girls and we'll meet up later online.

Tips
                Tipplerette

? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Hello...I'd love to join this if ok? Wine is my poison and am regularly drinking a bottle a day. Feel rubbish and bloated and no clothes fit!!! I'm very fed up that I just can't seem to do this...I will be watching you and hopefully keeping up! Good luck x
                  ...peace and quiet....and a cup of tea.....heaven:h

Comment

Hi QB and welcome, great if you can join us I know the feeling you describe above only too well! We will help each other get fit and fab and AF, i just dusted the cobwebs off my bike and went for a spin, i felt liberated from the shackle of the bottle in the fridge, long may this continue!! Can we all promise each other to come here every day even if we have had a bad day?? We can do one day at at time but get to 30, its already nearly 29 - yay!

Comment

Welcome Queen Bug, you are on the right thread. We are all here for each other.

I think I am over the hump. The wine is on the table and a beautiful cold salmon supper is ready. I made a great pinto bean / brown rice salad with cumin, garlic and oregano. The bottle of delicious cherry juice is on the table beside the wine. Two wine glasses are set up and hubby is just about done fixing the boat. I should light a candle. I have absolutely no desire to drink tonight. The L-Glut helps with the physical cravings and my brain seems to be on the right track.

He just walked in. I'll let you know how I do. Pressure.... you guys give me lots of crap if I screw up... OK... I know I won't though.
                      Tipplerette

? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Morning all, Tips why was the wine on the table, I dont get it?? I thought your hubby could take or leave? Boy that must feel like torturing yourself !! Explain i need to know!??? Hope you managed to resist! I did and feel great - day 2 already!! Going off for a walk/run then cinnamon porridge with blueberries for brek. I have some loverly elderflower cordial and lime and soda for cold drinks today and green tea and decaf coffee for hot. We are all going to sizzle this summer AF, fresh as daisies and fit for life! Mia your run sounded amazing!! Very inspirational, lets just do it!

Comment

To explain myself. # 1 - drank delicious Cherry Juice - no booze for this broad. # 2 - We make our wine and there is no getting away from it. It's always in the cottage. It's always on the table or the counter. I have to learn to deal with it. Actually I don't know why; I think it's the contagious enthusiasm I caught from Mia and KeepWalking but I am not having a problem abstaining at all. Okay I know it's just one day. The red cherry juice in the wine glass is more tasty than the cheap stuff we make although it's not bad and it gives me the opportunity to handle the glass and sip slowly, enjoying the company and the good food. So the ritual remains, the poison is the only thing missing.

Actually for me the L-Glut keeps the physical craving at bay and the psycological craving is served well by the wine glass and red juice. Call me crazy but it works.

Bounced on the trampline twice yesterday. We got some bad wind from the storms brewing in the north-east U.S.A. so kayaking for this klutz was out of the question.

Keeping fit is FUN. Another thing, this morning I woke up so refreshed.

By the way hubby (who I bragged could take it or leave it) drank the whole 3/4 bottle by himself ... hmmmmm .... interesting... maybe he is a little tiny bit addicted too... he has a really hard head so he'll be OK. LOL.
                          Tipplerette

? Lao-Tzu

Comment

ah i understand now, didn't realize you made your own! Well done you you sound very strong and your ideas are not crazy if they work for you, top job! Keep bouncing whilst i keep walking and speak later, ps: its nearly 3pm here what time is it with you??:goodjob:

Comment

Hi, it's only 10:35 and am off to meet my son for lunch in a Pub of all places. It's soda and lemon for me. He's 29; my middle child. I have a few stops to make and am parking the car about 6 blocks from where we are meeting so I'll be walking the streets of downtown Ottawa and that'll be good too. You are a great Team Leader here... KeepWalking. Do you feel you can really succeed this time; that this time it'll be different??? Or is it just me?? Now,it's getting close to your witching hour,KW, stay on track. I know you can... Didn't you love the feeling this morning of waking up bright eyed and bushy tailed... Loving it!!

Tips
                              Tipplerette

? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Working...
                              X