Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My rant... sorry!

Hi--
    I mainly wanted to follow up and explain more to those I talked with on chat tonight because its hard to explain a complicated situation on chat. Its very frustrating.

My daughter was in a car accident today -- minor, but serious. She is physically fine. But the bottom line is -- it happened in the school parking lot. She goes to a private school with assigned parking spots which are very tight. (I had to switch cars with her one day and almost hit the person parked behind her). So there was a big game tonight at the school with loads of parents there parking on every curb you can imagine. She does "crew" (the sport) after school every day for 3 hours, so by the time she goes to her car it is dark. She was trying to back out of her parking space, but because there were many extra cars and SUVs parked in her normal "back up" space, she was very limited. So up comes this car full of guys blaring their stereo and noticed she was trying to back up. They stopped their car RIGHT behind hers. So she waited about a minute (probably 10 seconds knowing her) and then rolled her window down and motioned for them to back up. Guess they got offended. So they backed up 2 feet. Hardly enough for her to angle her tires and move. But they were older -- laughing at her -- she's new to this school, so she (now very regretfully) tried to work within their unrealistic confines. She scraped an Expedition, much to these boys laughter and delight. So she got out, walked over to look at the SUV she hit, her car, and the boys rolled their windows down, yelled some "dumb blonde" stuff at her (she's brunette) and sped off. She was devastated. She didnt leave a note. Whole nother story.

She has cried a million tears and I have reassured her as much how much we love her and that the important thing is that she learns from it. But she is demanding that we not buy her anything now for Christmas because she doesnt deserve it and she has to pay for this, so she is just really torn up. So I am just hurting for my daughter, and all the times I did something similar. Talk about life's most embarrassing moments... I think she had hers today.

I am drinking too much tonight not because of stressing over this wreck, but because I am feeling so much pain. For her, for me. I dont know. And my husband is out of town and tomorrow is his birthday. I'm trying to pull off a "While You Were Out" kinda thing for his birthday, only at his office. I have been framing pictures of the family for the past two nights and have the car loaded down with pictures and ficus trees and all sorts of stuff to surprise him tomorrow, and this just sucks. That's all I can say.

Thanks for listening, and sorry to rant. You guys are awesome by the way. Thank you.
    Alllie
    What happens in Vegas goes straight to Ohio....

My rant... sorry!

Allie, you obviously have done a wonderful job raising your daughter. She understands what she did was wrong (although not entirely her fault) and she feels horrible about it. I just feel sick for her because people in high school can be sooo mean. They should have NEVER put her in that situation. I know she would die if you did this, but if you know who the boys were I would be damn tempted to call their parents. I would be horrified if my child acted like they did and they would be severely punished.

You sound like you are in perfectionist mode with just coming off the big family weekend and trying to do big things for your hubby. You know what? They will all love you even if you do not lift a finger. You are driving yourself nuts trying to fulfill whatever vision you have in your head of how things should be. (I am horribly guilty of that as well so I know). Slow down and focus on the day and him, not what "things" you put in his office. I know, I know, shut up Lush. Okay I will.

Hope tomorrow is a better day for you and your daughter. Big hugs!!!
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

My rant... sorry!

You are right Lush about the perfectionist thing. I need to just go away for a while. My daughter is new at this school, and she cannot identify these "guys" or their car, because she was so upset at being put on the spot having to back out of an unreasonable situation, only to be laughed at and humiliated. That is all she can remember right now... the humiliation. When I asked her if she could remember what they looked like, she said she just could see in her rearview mirror "smoke and laughing --- their teeth and the music... I'll never forget that music."

I am now fantasizing about "penning" them in and what I would do if I could! Okay, not nice, but I'm in mother bear mode.... dont mess with my daughter!!!

Thanks Lushy...
      Allie
      What happens in Vegas goes straight to Ohio....

Comment

My rant... sorry!

Pile on the crap, huh, Allie?
        Geez, I'm sorry this happened. Your daughter is an awesome girl and she gets it from her mom and grandma.
        It kind of seems like this is one of those "worse at the time" moments. Hopefully the insurance stuff will get cleared up smoothly and quickly and then the embarrassment will start to subside. You are such and understanding and patient mom. You realize some parents would freak?? That would of course not help your daughter at all, and your comfort to her is one of the reasons you two have such a wonderful relationship.

Call anytime today, OK? I'm working, but will be driving and in the office a lot too.
        Love,
        me

Comment

Working...
        X